Poll on NBA.com

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
There is a poll on NBA.com asking who has the best one-two punch in the atlantic..

Iverson-Cwebb
Carter-Kidd
Pierce-Walker
Bosh-Rose
Marbury-Crawford

the knicks are last with 2%, how does Toronto have 7%?? Stupid people not voting with their heads.

NYKnicks15

Starter
The voting SHOULD look like this...

Pierce and Walker on top because they are a proven tandem and as of now are 2-0 with Walker back.

Carter-Kidd because since the day Carter first put on a Nets jersey the ball club has been 1 game over 500.

C-Webb and Iverson 3rd because well there just two great players BUT have not pulled out a win together yet, so there this low because of that but this high because of who they are.

Now I was stuck here but I chose Rose-Bosh over Crawford/Marbury (yes I am a knick fan) BUT lets face it Bosh and Rose are a more efficient duo. Bosh accumalates a 16 ppg average and im not including his rebounds because it wouldnt be fair to judge between a G-G duo and a F-F if i did. But the most important part about him is his 47.5 fg% and Rose scores 17 ppg (most coming off the bench) with a 46 fg%

now Craw and Steph are great. and do average more ppg they dont have the same efficiency...steph w/ 46fg% and jamal with 39fg%...it comes out to whos more effective and stats say Rose-Bosh....sad but true :cry:

so thats my voting...
Pierce-Walker
Carter-Kidd
CWebb-Iverson
Rose-Bosh
Crawford-Marbury

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Bosh and Rose arent a duo. You rarely see them passing to one another, working with each other and helping one antother out. They're just the best two players on their team. MArbury and Crawford on the other hand are the starting guards and have to work togethor. They are are a real duo, they feed off each other.. its like Ginobli and Duncan, one of them can be off the court and the other will perform exactly the same, the ones listed however can perform at their highest level when out there with another player that they can work and mesh with.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Peach_NYK_21 said:
Bosh and Rose arent a duo. You rarely see them passing to one another, working with each other and helping one antother out. They're just the best two players on their team. MArbury and Crawford on the other hand are the starting guards and have to work togethor. They are are a real duo, they feed off each other

You rarely see Rose pass at all :raise:

NYKnicks15

Starter
the question was what is the Best 1-2 punch in the NBA. That means what two players on the court are most effective. what two players on the court would you not want to face against on the same team...thats what a 1-2 punch is its scoring, its passing, its effectiveness, its the two top guys on a team. it never said meshing duo.....because i guarantee you when Steph wasnt playing with Crawford he was averaging the same and the same with crawford. same with kidd and same with carter. same with bosh and same with rose. and seeing walker/pierce havent played together in 2 years and averaged about the same...the same with them. and obviously the same with webber and iverson because theyve only played two games together....

each "duo" on here are just plain and simple the two biggest stars/names on their teams. simple as that. If it said "Complimentary duo" id 100% agree with you. but it says 1-2 punch...

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
my bad, different people interperit the question. i see 1-2 punch as teamwork, and you see it as stats, and performance. Thats fine, i like your point of view, and if i had analyzed the question like that i probably would have said something similar.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Brian_Coleman_21 said:
Yah, a 1-2 punch is a duo that works together to get each other and there teamates points.

thats the way you and I see it, but it can be read in many different contexts.. my post before basically settled the dispute

NYKnicks15

Starter
until i see the official definition or Clyde tell me thats how its going to be.

going by your 1-2 slap of Coleman & Peach definition...itd still be Pierce/Walker...Kidd/Carter...Iverson/Webber...Rose/Bosh...Marbury/Crawford

PS. Bosh averages a career average of 4.1 apg so hes passing to someone

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Just to clear it up, and so everyone knows where he stands.. Jalen Rose is a 10 year veteran pplaying for the toronto Raptors, averaging 17.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, and 2.3 assists, in 30.8 minutes per game... hes also shooting 46% from the field and 39% for downtown