Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GAME THREAD: NYK @ ORL 3/4/05, (L-111-89)

We need this win real bad!
    Winning tomorrow will allow the knicks to move into 4th place in the atlantic and be 1 game behind NJ (3rd place) because they will most likely lose to Miami tonight (Shaq and Mourning should be in the lineup)

I gotta agree with Trin, with two legitimate starting centers in Miami, I think they'll be a load. However...did anyone see the interview with Shaq. He looks totally bummed out that Zo came to town. So now that I give a little more thought, we might have a better chance if egos start clashing.

First off, i agree with pbjb, Herb said he was looking forward to hese extra days of practice, he said its just what we need, and we're winning now so it's win-win.

Also Miami now adds Zo, and i feel real bad for Mike Doleac. he was playing great in Miami and for the ifrst time, i feel he really felt at home.. too bad, he was one of my favorite knicks.

Veteran

I wouldnt feel bad for Michael Doleac at all. Hes most likely going to the NBA Finals this year and will possibly win a ring. Feel bad for Wesley Person who got waived and completely loses that chance...

Now just like we have 5 PFs...Miami has Shaq at Center and thats the only definite right now. they have backs ups Michael Doleac, Wang Zhizhi, Christian Laettner, Alonzo Mourning and Udonis Haslem. Zhizhi is not an option or concern to play minutes here so its down to Doleac, Laettner, Mourning and Haslem. More than likely Mourning and Haslem will share that PF spot. Mourning coming off the bench filling in for Haslem or Shaq or possibly starting at the PF permanently. I think Doleac will still have a good play of minutes here. Shaq is said to be high on him (unlike his feelings for Mourning) and i still see him getting minutes...Doleac has a plus here back up to O'Neal or Mourning and good chance at a ring...

miami is the complete oposite of us!! instead of being without any centers, they are over run with them!! lucky duckies..

Veteran

true but i was trying to say we are overpiled with the stockpile of 6-7-6-9 PFs fighting for the PF-C positions and same with Miami...but only bigger!

haha yeah, Shaq and that contract of his arent going anywhere, anytime soon.

Veteran

NEW YORK- 52 16 09 13
    ORLANDO- 63 27 13 09

ughh where to start? Where to start? Well on a plus Marbury and Kurt are having solid games like always. And I cant blame this failure of a half on anything but lack of defense. Not trying to point this out or make myself look great in anyway because frankly im not in the mood to gloat right now...but the two things i said that could go negative are, maybe im a jinx.

ONE-Tims off to a bad start (5 pts 2 rebounds). Tims not playing overly great nor as i can see by Grant Hills 14 points is defending great either. Like I said "if he plays like he has been and defends as he could" we have this match up won...guess what hes not doing either. and thats are x factor like someone said prior.

TWO-Howard already has a double double 16 pts 10 reb. ridiculous. Sweetney nor any backups can take care of this kid. we are out rebounded by 11!!! Weve put in Taylor, Rose, Sweetney and Williams and no one can stop him. hes too big, too athletic, hes flat out too good. No wonder he was the number 1 pick.

Between the rebounds, fouls and no defense we are killing ourselves. were down by 11 and out rebounded, basically out everything unless Tim steps it up, our only chance at the moment is Kurt and Steph...how rare or a situation huh?

oh forgot one more thing there is another part i had the right idea on.... IM DOING A LOT OF THAT boys!!!!

This has been pure garbage! Terrible offense and terrible defense for us, and amazing offense and amazing defense for them. We're not hustling on defense, and the orlando zone is making us shott jumpers, and nobody is hitting! Doesnt look like there is any communicating going on out there, and Orlando looks like they want this more. One of the worst performance's in a while... just awedful

a little symoblism... we got stuffed!!!

i hope nobody got excited by that mini win streak the knicks were on. the bubble was going to burst sooner or later.

i hate watching marbury just stand around on defense, he literally doesnt even move sometimes. it really pisses me off. theres at least a few times that i noticed that if he had positioned himself, he might have been able to get a rebound or prevent the other team from getting an offensive rebound. i love ariza and jyd's hustle and overall energy. that one play where jyd tried to save the ball and got it to kurt thomas but then he traveled made me squirm. the knicks should be a team of high energy guys that play tough defense and make the other team earn the win. it seems like almost every guy on the roster doesnt give a flying hoot about playing any D or going after rebounds and loose balls.

marbury should be traded (for the right players in return). kurt thomas, who is obviously less athletic than most other PF's in the league and at 32, should also be traded. allan houston, at this point, is probably untradeable.

i hate watching penny hardaway play, that guy (although he seems nice), just straight up sucks. he looks so lost and unathletic out there. he should have been bought out before shandon anderson. ok, maybe im exagerating a little bit there.

the only players i like now are ariza, sweetney, jyd, and maybe crawford (as a point guard, not as shooting guard).

my plan would be to give marbury the green light and to basically try to score 30 points every night. hopefully, that will impress other teams. then, when the summer commes around, trade him for a more complete player that actually plays D. try to juice up KT's numbers also. both of those guys might have some decent trade value and hopefully we could get something in return for them.

Originally Posted by a knick fan
    i hope nobody got excited by that mini win streak the knicks were on. the bubble was going to burst sooner or later.

i hate watching marbury just stand around on defense, he literally doesnt even move sometimes. it really pisses me off. theres at least a few times that i noticed that if he had positioned himself, he might have been able to get a rebound or prevent the other team from getting an offensive rebound. i love ariza and jyd's hustle and overall energy. that one play where jyd tried to save the ball and got it to kurt thomas but then he traveled made me squirm. the knicks should be a team of high energy guys that play tough defense and make the other team earn the win. it seems like almost every guy on the roster doesnt give a flying hoot about playing any D or going after rebounds and loose balls.

marbury should be traded (for the right players in return). kurt thomas, who is obviously less athletic than most other PF's in the league and at 32, should also be traded. allan houston, at this point, is probably untradeable.

i hate watching penny hardaway play, that guy (although he seems nice), just straight up sucks. he looks so lost and unathletic out there. he should have been bought out before shandon anderson. ok, maybe im exagerating a little bit there.

the only players i like now are ariza, sweetney, jyd, and maybe crawford (as a point guard, not as shooting guard).

my plan would be to give marbury the green light and to basically try to score 30 points every night. hopefully, that will impress other teams. then, when the summer commes around, trade him for a more complete player that actually plays D. try to juice up KT's numbers also. both of those guys might have some decent trade value and hopefully we could get something in return for them.
    U need to chill. It was only one game. They had 3 days off so, I expected a little laziness from them. Too much time off isn't too good. The last 3 games everyone was hustling, moving their feet and playing D. If you take Marbury, you take away the cor of this team. Kurt Thomas has been shooting the lights out of the ball lately. What he lacks in athleticism he makes up for in fundamental talent. Penny Hardaway is one of the best spot up shooters on our roster. When he comes into the game he can create problems for the defense and spread the floor. The Knicks just didnt come out good tonight. As usual they got too happy, and relaxed and thought Orlando was a pushover because they commit alot of turnovers. I think it's those throwback jerseys. Whenever the Knicks wear those jerseys at away games, they always lose. Look at the Cleveland game back in January. In the next 2 years or so, the Knicks should get some new jersey's.

thats exactly what i want to do, take away the core of this team. because this team shows no heart or character (only ever so often). and marbury is the core, so he should be removed. kurt thomas has no fundamental talent. all he can do is hit that 15 foot jumper. penny hardaway is a good spot up shooter????? his FG % is .434 and from 3 point range it is .289. he has a slow release and when opposing defenses see him on the court, they breate a sigh of relief because they know he sucks, hes old, and he cant do anything. he doesnt create any matchup problems.

it pisses me off when people are just ignorantly optimistic about players and this team without accepting the reality.

HEY GUYS I'M NEW HERE.I'M FROM GREECE AND I'M A KNICK FAN SINCE MY AUNT LIVES IN MANHATTAN,NY.I GOTTA SAY DO NOT TOUCH MARBURY ANYMORE.HE'S OUR BEST PLAYER,A NEW YORK NATIVE AND PROBABLY THE FINEST AND MOST SUITABLE TO RUN THE POINT IN THIS TEAM.GIVE HIM SOME HELP,SOME FRONTCOURT AND HE'LL BE FINE.HE NEEDS A SOLID BIG PLAYER.IT'S NECESSARY.SO,BE COOL AND DO NOT JUDGE STEPHON.COME ON,HE'S CONEY ISLAND'S FINEST,AND I'M VERY PROUD THAT A PG FROM THE CITY SUCH AS STEPH IS IN OUR TEAM.HELP HIM,DON'T BE MAD AT HIM WHEN HE HAS NOTHING.BOTTOMLINE,JUST DO NOT TOUCH STARBURY.KNICKS RULE

rady edit:
    DO NOT POST IN CAPS!! DON'T YELL AT PEOPLE!!

Superstar

Exactly, Marbury needs someone to play with. He can't do it by himself all the time, he needs some other people to score.