GAME THREAD: NYK VS. GS 3/6/05, 7:30 (W 115-99)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

kolnyk36fg.gif
VS.
kolgs28rs.gif

N.Y. KNICKS (25-34) VS. GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS (17-41)

stephon_marbury.jpg
vs
derek_fisher.jpg
STEPHON MARBURY vs. DEREK FISHER
jamal_crawford.jpg
vs
jason_richardson.jpg
JAMAL CRAWFORD vs. JASON RICHARDSON
tim_thomas.jpg
vs
mike_dunleavy.jpg
TIM THOMAS vs. MIKE DUNLEAVY
mike_sweetney.jpg
vs
troy_murphy.jpg
MIKE SWEETNEY vs. TROY MURPHY
kurt_thomas.jpg
vs
adonal_foyle.jpg
KURT THOMAS vs. ADONAL FOYLE

Knicks Team Stats[align=right:bdf67132d7]TV: MSG, NBALP[/align:bdf67132d7]
Warriors Team Stats[align=right:bdf67132d7]RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am[/align:bdf67132d7]
Standings

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
Davis isnt starting for Golden State?? I hope we can win this game. We seem to play good at home. Orlando game was terrible.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
hes still coming off his injury, but he has been coming off the bench. In his last game he came off the bench and in about 20 minutes had 10 assists :jawsdown:

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
We have to win this game. This is the deciding game of the season. If we win, were in the playoffs, if we don't, were out of the playoffs.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
thats because at this stage in the season, with us last, but not out, all games are crutial, thusly making thm all must-wins... actually only a couple of them are must wins, but most of them are "important" wins.

NYKnicks15

Starter
haha. playoffs are whatever but itll still just give us a brief assurance of happyness. Hiding from optimistic people we need some changes...but if we get the lottery im scared utah mite steal our pick...so its a lose lose situation depending on how you look at it.

Facts for the optimists.

Knicks are still 10 games out of 500. and tied with Toronto for 4th-5th.
We need Indiana, Orlando, Boston, New Jersey, Toronto, Philly and even Chicago to lose horribly bad for us to still get a shot. Out of our last 23 games we need to mantain a record of 17-6 yes that many.

Impossible?, i say so for a team who cant get a winning streak past 4 games. and that 17-6 record would only put us 1 game over 500!!!. So wed need Philly, Toronto, New Jersey to stay at there records, being no better than 500. and we need Indiana, Orlando or Boston to drop a few games under 500 to make a spot possible for us. heres something i posted on another thread to add to this...

Only 12 are away games which is good (11 home). More than half the games we play are against over 500 teams (12 of the 23 to be exact) Washington (2), Seattle (2), Miami (2), San Antonio, Boston, Indiana (2), Chicago (2), Golden State (2), Atlanta (2), Portland, New Jersey (2), Milwaukee, Toronto, Cleveland, Charlotte

good luck, keep your dreams alive...

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
this is the game im using as a gauge over wether or not the knicks should drop the season, if we win it will be 4 wins in the last 5 games, this is a mediocre oponent playing deecent basketball obviously a very winnable game. If this is a win ill keep hope alive a little longer , but if its a loss i say throw the season no matter what happens after that..... your prob saying wtf baseing it all on one game thats dumb! Well this game has more significance then meets the eye, we arguably have an advantage individually in each position matchup, and are in a more desperate situation then them. We have shown signs of good basketball, but seem to to need more then signs now we need prescision and consistency and this game is an excellent measure of all those things

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
NYknicks15.. Who says you need to have a record over .500 to get to the playoffs. We may be far out of the 8th spot, but who said we're looking for that. We're only 6.5 games out of the third seed! Stop trying to tell me that ground cant be made up in two months, it can be done!

NYKnicks15

Starter
Yes anything is possible but stop being so optimistic. Boston who is three games over 500, that has a line up containing Walker, Pierce, Davis and Payton are going to all of a sudden get in a slump with 23 games left in the season?!? look at who they are facing....14 of those 23 games are against under 500 teams...and the ones over 500 are cleveland, chicago, washington, houston are all toss ups and the only big threats are miami, detroit and dallas...be realistic...

Thats what we need to shoot for if your still shooting for something is the 8th spot...or even 7th...we need teams like Indiana, Chicago even orlando to fail to get a spot oh and Philly....

keep your dreams alive its nice to dream ya know...but at some point reality has to set in and look at the teams around us, not great by anymeans but...a line up like the one in Boston, or the tandem of Iverson, webber, iguodala and korver are now 3-2 since the trade, indiana when healthy still has O'Neal, Miller, Tinsley and Jackson.....

yes anything can happen, im just saying its a long shot and ive accepted it...

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
NYKnicks15 said:
at some point reality has to set in
two months.. There are two months left in our season. We can make up ground in the atlantic, and if that doesnt happen we will still have made up ground for the eigth spot. Im not giving up yet, we still have a lot of games left.

NYKnicks15

Starter
honestly im kinda rooting for us not to make the playoffs, just thought id make that clear before i keep being pessimistic...rather realistic...

What is the playoffs going to get us Peach??? Give me one good reason we should go and get embarrassed the first round?

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Im a fan of the New York Knicks. As a fan i like watching games and seeing them win. I dont like loosing a lot, but i have to deal with it. its a blast when they get to the playoffs, even if they loose. If we getr to the playoffs, i will be happy as a fan, because im not a gm or anything.. Its their job to draft for us, not mine..

NYKnicks15

Starter
yes but if we do make the playoffs it will be NO ONES job to draft for us....our first round pick that Pheonix has, will go to Utah if the Knicks make the playoffs and are NOT in the lottery...

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
so that pick is "lotery protected"... i think im finally starting to grab this.

i think now im saying,, i hope we can win as many games without making the playoffs... That way i wil still be happy that we kept playing hard, but we also get a good draft pick..

oh right this is the GAME THREAD, we win 106-95. golden state is garbage.

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
Sweetney has 18 points.
Good news for the knicks
1. Up by 10 at the half
2. Boston loss to the T-Wolves, thanks to a last second shot by Spree.
3. Knicks shooting 72 percent at end of half.

Bad news is Toronto is leading by 22 at the end of the 3rd quarter vs. New Orleans. This race is starting to get tight!

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yeah, thats got to get Jermaine Jackson's confidence up now. Just to clear it up, he got fouled with .1, so that stopped the clock and allowed for continuation. Another note... Kurt Thomas played about 4 minutes, or something like that.