TODAY IN NBA
The beautiful number 3, Marbury has it..Starks had it...and now todays edition has it. That's right "Today in NBA" Edition Three.

TrAnSaCtIoNs
Dont worry about adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying or TRANSACTIONS because here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA.

1. Signed Guard Anthony Goldwire for the remainder of the season. In his 11 year career hes played for the Suns, Hornets, Nuggets, Cavaliers, Spurs, Wizards, and the Timberwolves. He's made a career of a month here and a month there, more power to him. He's most remembered for his incredible....yea couldnt think of anything...sorry...2. Placed Center Daniel Santiago on the IL. The 7-1, 4 year Center is averaging 10.3 MPG 1.6 RPG and 3.4 PPG....EXCITING!

1. Signed Center/Power Forward Mark Pope for the remainder of the season. Pope has previously played for Indiana, Milwaukee and New York in his 9 year career. He averages for his career 10.8 MPG 1.7 RPG and 1.9 PPG He's most remembered for his incredible....yea also couldnt think of anything...sorry

VERY SLOW day in transactions as you can see...

RuMoRs
Come on come all, from "Generation X" to those good ole "Baby Rumors" BUT lets get to the part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 5.

#5. Raptors General manager Rob Bab**** has no plans to fire head coach Sam Mitchell, not in the immediate days ahead nor at the end of the season.But Bab**** told the Toronto Sun yesterday that he is satisfied with the job the personable and sometimes emotional Mitchell has done in his first year as a head coach -- stressing that his vote of confidence is the real thing and not a "kiss of death" vote of confidence. "He's a work-in-progress rookie coach, which we understood when we hired," said Bab****, who also is in his first year as an NBA general manager....is it just me or can you tell that their both in their first years??? I personally dont like Mitchell so I can careless...you dont threaten to punch my boy Skip to my Lou in the face!!!

#4. Nick Van Exel is shutting down his season, and Zach Randolph might be following. Van Exel said he no longer wants to play for the Trail Blazers, in part because his left knee hurts, and in part out of protest to the team's management for quitting on the season by initiating a youth movement. The final straw for Van Exel was when rookie center Ha Seung Jin threw an errant pass that was stolen and taken in for an uncontested dunk to give Phoenix a 40-24 lead. On the next possession, Ha traveled, and Van Exel was taken out, but not before he slapped hands with Damon Stoudamire and said "This is some (bull) right here, man." He never returned. Van Exel, who has said he will retire after the season unless he is traded in the offseason to a team that is perfect for him, said his frustration has to do with management quitting on the team's playoff drive while the team was still mathematically alive.....Van Exel wants to leave. Stoudamire wants to leave. Randolph isnt happy. Cheeks wanted to leave. Van Exel, Ratliff, Stoudamire and Abdur-Rahim are all free agents next year leaving only 38 million on the salary books....heres the question, who in their right mind would want to go there a free agent???

#3.Knicks owner James Dolan was not in his customary baseline seat at the Garden last night. And by tonight, Dolan, in a raging feud with his father Charles, may not be in his customary role as Knicks owner. Crain's New York Business reported on its website last night that Jets owner Woody Johnson and former Yes Network honcho Leo Hindery might be interested in purchasing the Knicks if Cablevision puts them up for sale. Johnson and Dolan have warred over the West Side Stadium proposal. The chaos at Cablevision didn't stop Dolan from taking on $30 million more in future payroll Feb. 24 at the trading deadline in two roundly criticized deals. An impending ownership change could hurt the Knicks' chances in the Phil Jackson Sweepstakes. The future of James Dolan's role in Cablevision and whether the corporation will sell the Knicks and Rangers is expected to be hashed out today in Palm Beach, Fla., during a big board of directors meeting....personally I hope Dolan stays Jimmy Dolan that is. He hands out the money, watches the games and lets the GM's and coaches do their job...like every owner SHOULD do.

#2. Former Lakers guard Derek Fisher is part of a select group of people who actually believe Phil Jackson would be interested in coaching the rebuilding Knicks. "I don't know if he's as caught up in the whole championship thing as you might think," said Fisher, who signed with the Warriors last summer. "I think he still enjoys the nuances of the game. And I'm sure that since he played as a Knick it's probably been his dream to be on the sidelines as the Knicks coach." Jackson had dinner with Lakers owner Jerry Buss on Friday and there is a strong possibility that Jackson will return to the team that he led to three straight championships. The general feeling around the league is that Jackson would not want to join the Knicks because they are not close to being a contender. "I think he still sees a lot of positive pieces in terms of people with their individual abilities of guys on the Knicks," Fisher said. "I can see him enjoying the versatility of guys like Tim Thomas and Jamal Crawford, guys with explosiveness." Fisher added that Stephon Marbury would embrace Jackson's triangle offense because "I think Steph is the kind of guy that's always been coachable."...hmm but do we want him? Some say passionately YES. Some say passionately NO. Is it a chance worth taking? It is Phil Jackson though...how many rings does he have? Yes yes he was given talent etc etc. But those shiny 9 rings do blind some peoples clear view of the truth...

#1. Yes my love, my intrigue, my down right obsession with the Bulls/Curry "saga" is continuing and will aslong as something comes along every day like this. "I don't know, man -- it's a tough situation. I don't want to start up any controversy. I love playing for this team, and I love playing for coach Skiles. I just hope that we can try to resolve this situation before it gets too bad." Curry said he planned to talk to Coach Scott Skiles on Monday about playing a conbined 2 minutes 58 seconds in the second half of the Bull's' last two games, including back-to-back fourth quarter benchings. "I just want to play and do think at times I'm on a shorter leash" Curry said. He continued to say "Sometimes I do think about playing elsewhere..." Once again my hopes Isiah will work something to make him our starting Center next season will still be there. Like P.Diddy says "The Saga Continues".

ThE sCoReBoArD
Los Angeles Clippers 102
Memphis Grizzlies 105

Denver Nuggets 111
Portland Trailblazers 98

Dallas Mavericks 113
Toronto Raptors 105

Milwaukee Bucks 85
Chicago Bulls 90

Miami Heat 108
Philadelphia 76ers 100

Well that wraps it up, post at will and just over all enjoy!!! Goodnight, Good write!!! peAce Go Knicks!!!

Special thanks to the Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, New York Daily News, New York Post, The Orgegonian and the Toronto Sun