View Poll Results: How much do you read "Today In NBA"???

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I read EVERY edition

4 57.14%
  • I read a FEW

1 14.29%
  • FIRST time reader

2 28.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today In NBA

Veteran

TODAY IN NBA
    I got to feed my children man, I got to feed my children....so ladies and gentlemen here comes number 8...haha i thought that was funny...alright sadly I have to make this quick and undetailed because I have a script to finish..running late....so HERE WE GO.

TrAnSaCtIoNs
    Transactions, Transactions read all about 'em..SOOO here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA.

1.Activated guard Tony Delk. 2.Placed center Michael Stewart on the injured list.

1.Activated guard Derek Anderson. 2.Placed forward Zach Randolph on the injured list.

1.Activated guard Dahntay Jones. 2.Placed guard Andre Emmett on the injured list.

1.Activated forward Eddie Griffin 2.Placed center Ervin Johnson on the injured list.

1.Activated forward Erik Daniels. 2.Placed center Brad Miller on the injured list.

RuMoRs
    Like tomorrows courtroom at the Congressional hearings, this is also filled with big people and even bigger rumors ANYWAY lets get to the part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 5.

#5.ANOTHER JORDAN IN THE MAKING::OVER HYPED??Michael Jordan's son, Marcus Jordan, has been described as the best eighth-grade basketball player in the state of Illinois. We can't tell you much about the seventh-grade and sixth-grade crop of basketball players in Illinois, but there must be a Web site somewhere tracking these middle school magicians. But apparently, the 6-foot 2-inch Marcus Jordan appears to be a high-level prospect

#4. AGENT SHAQ:::NYK SAY NO TO PHIL??The market for Phil Jackson has been set - according to his new agent, Shaquille O'Neal, anyway. Joking with the New York media contingent last night at Madison Square Garden, O'Neal said his former coach would need a five-year contract that includes the general manager's title."If he goes back [to Los Angeles], we're not taking less than $20 million," O'Neal said, tongue in cheek.What about the Knicks? "Ten, 12."Dropping the charade, O'Neal offered his take on a recent Jackson interview about the Lakers' job, saying, "It didn't look like he wanted to come back. You have to realize that he's a smart individual and he knows what he's doing."Asked if Jackson feels any sentimental pull to coach the Knicks because he played for them, O'Neal said, "I'm not sure. But I'd like to see Herb Williams get a shot, a full year ... I just think he should get a shot rather than always trying to hire the superstar coach. The Knicks started off kind of slow, and he's brought them back to where they are now. You want to see good people get the job."Told he could help Williams by tanking the Heat's two games against the Knicks this week, Shaq said, "No way, no way."

#3.EARTH TO HOUSTON:::BACK BEFORE END OF SEASON??Allan Houston says he is making progress in his latest rehabilitation stint and remains optimistic that he will play again this season. "I believe so," Houston said yesterday. "I'm just making my progress. I can't tell you that next week this will happen, or that the following week this will happen. All I can tell you is it definitely has made a lot of progress." Houston missed his 24th straight game and 42nd overall due to soreness in his arthritic left knee. He hasn't appeared in a game or a practice since Jan. 19. "I feel that between now and the end of the season, I'll be ready to play," Houston said. "That's all I can tell you. The way it feels and the way it's gone, that's just all I can tell you. Without driving myself crazy with too many details, I just have a feeling that I will because it's getting better and the way I feel it's moving during my exercises."...Allan Houston said yesterday that he and the Knicks' medical staff didn't take his arthritic knee condition seriously enough earlier this season, had the wrong approach to treating it and forced a premature return in December.Houston said a new set of "measuring sticks" are in place, as is a revised rehab program that's concentrating on several parts of his leg, not just his knee. Houston, who has played in 20 of the 62 games this season, indicated the new plan of attack may compromise his chances of returning this season since the "standards" are higher. "Realizing what I'm doing now and the progress I had and have to make, there's no way I should have been out there," Houston said of his December comeback. Since, Houston said, "The whole staff sat down, talked about it and went to good people. We didn't evaluate it in that much depth the first time. We didn't say we have to look at this thing seriously. Now that we did, we all see where we have to go." Houston, once emphatic he'd return, was now not quite as sure. Indeed, with five weeks left to the season, Houston is running out of time. However, he said he's willing to return, even if it means playing only the final week. "I feel between now and the end of the season I'll be ready to play," Houston said. "I just have a feel I will because it's getting better."

#2. UHAS ON THE MARKET:::MIA? ATL? CLE???Atlanta and Cleveland will be among teams with substantial cap space that are expected to pursue Heat restricted free agent Udonis Haslem this summer. Miami can offer a contract starting at no more than $5 million, and hopes that will be enough. Haslem, incidentally, is holding his own statistically against seven other power forwards who have started alongside Shaquille O'Neal (Horace Grant, A.C. Green, Dennis Rodman, Robert Horry, Samaki Walker and Travis Knight and the final NBA season of Karl Malone).Entering Tuesday, Haslem's shooting percentage (54.4/fourth in the NBA) topped any Shaq PF partner except Grant, who shot 56.7 percent alongside O'Neal in 1994-95. Haslem's 9.2 rebounds per game rank third among O'Neal's PF partners -- topping Malone's 8.0 average last year -- while his 11.3 scoring average ranked fourth among the eight. And Haslem's numbers -- projected over 48 minutes -- actually increase when Shaq isn't on the floor gobbling up rebounds.''He's the top no-name power forward I've ever had,'' Shaq said.

#1.SHUTTLESWORTH ON THE MARKET:::SEA? LAC? NYK?...DA BULLS??Allen is a free agent after this season and has talked openly about leaving Seattle. He's arguably the best shooting guard in the NBA, a position the Bulls need with Ben Gordon being a classic sixth man. It's doubtful the Bulls would have major salary cap room this summer, so it's unlikely they would be a candidate for Allen. Would Allen be interested in the Bulls? "Whatever team I feel is the right situation is where I'll go," Allen said. "Chicago is a great market to play in. I always envied this city being in Milwaukee. The opportunity for players is greater. Tradition is very rich and they're not far from Jordan's era. "But you have to see their direction. You can sign with a team and not know. Look at Jason Kidd in New Jersey. They were going in the direction he wanted and then, boom, they're trading everyone. I wouldn't eliminate Chicago at all."

ThE sCoReBoArD

FINAL scores as they come along....

Well that wraps it up, post at will and just over all enjoy!!! Goodnight, Good write!!! peAce Go Knicks!!!

Special thanks to the New York Daily News, New York Post, Newsday, Miami Herald, Chicago Tribune and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel..and of course NBA.com

I really feel that Allan should wait until next season... We dont desperatly need to make the playoffs, and we dont need to rush him back and get him hurt even more. Nothing bad ever cam from resting an injury, sometimes you just have to be patient

Veteran

WELL alot has happened the past few days with transactions and rumors so i have a lot to write about...tomorrow

i wrote one for today tried posting it and it deleted it saying error. Did it again and it did the same, so i lost the whole edition for today...

so tomorrow i guess ill be back...

Superstar

Wow, that sucks that the thing got deleted. When you make such a long post you should copy it.

Anyway, I agree with Peach. Allan shouldn't come back this season. That would kind of screw up the team chemistry and his knee will definetly get worse. He should sit the rest of the season with rehab, have rehab over the off-season and hopefully come back during training camp in the summer.

I can't wait till that jumpshot comes back. If it ever does.

Veteran

TODAY IN NBA
    Jermaine Jackson+Penny Hardaway have to combine to get this big...thats right FINALLY here comes Number 9

TrAnSaCtIoNs
    A lot of catching up to do sooo here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA.

Monday March 21st 2005

Chicago activates Luol Deng from the injured list and places Jared Reiner on the injured list.

Cleveland dismisses Paul Silas and assistant Stephen Silas and names Brendan Malone interim coach.

San Antonio places Tim Duncan on the injured list and activates Sean Marks from the injured list.

Saturday March 20th 2005

Dallas announces the resignation of head coach Don Nelson; promotes Avery Johnson from assistant coach to head coach.

Houston waives Andre Barrett.

L.A. Clippers activate Shaun Livingston from the injured list and place Kenny Anderson on the injured list.

Washington signs Damone Brown to a 10-day contract.

Friday March 19th 2005

Houston places Juwan Howard on the injured list and activates Moochie Norris from the injured list.

Memphis activates Bonzi Wells from the injured list and places Dahntay Jones on the injured list.

Seattle places Vladimir Radmanovic on the injured list and activates Damien Wilkins from the injured list.

Washington releases Samaki Walker and places Antawn Jamison on the injured list.

Thursday March 18th 2005

Orlando dismisses head coach Johnny Davis and assistant coach Ron Ekker; names Chris Jent interim head coach.

San Antonio signs Dion Glover to a 10-day contract and places Mike Wilks on the injured list.

Wednesday March 17th 2005

Chicago activates Jared Reiner from the injured list and places Frank Williams on the injured list.

Indiana activates John Edwards from the injured list and places David Harrison on the injured list.

New Orleans activates Jamaal Magloire and David West from the injured list; places Chris Andersen on the injured list.

RuMoRs
    Lets get right to the part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 5.

#5.SILAS GONE:::FLIP IN??? The destroy phase is over. The search part is just beginning.The Cavaliers' decision to dismiss head coach Paul Silas has left them in an unenviable position -- a buyer in a seller's market.There are now six NBA coaching vacancies with certainly more on the way. That means the club will be in a scramble to attract the top name that owner Dan Gilbert will want this off-season.According to two high-ranking NBA officials, the Cavaliers' top choice for the job at this point is believed to be Cleveland native Flip Saunders, who was fired earlier this season after 10 mostly successful seasons with the Minnesota Timberwolves.Saunders, who won 411 games with the Timberwolves and led them to seven playoff berths, is under contract with the Timberwolves for one more season at $5 million. He reportedly would like to coach in the NBA this fall.Cavaliers insiders also report that Gilbert has considered making a pitch for Pistons coach Larry Brown if he leaves Detroit after this season as has been widely speculated. But Brown has battled health problems this season and hinted he might retire. His relationship with LeBron James became rocky after last summer's Olympic Games in Athens.Nine-time NBA champion Phil Jackson is surely on the team's radar screen, as he is for all coaching vacancies. He or his agent have expressed his interest in the Lakers, Knicks and Magic vacancies in the past two months.If only to escalate the bidding war for his services, he'll likely consider the Cavaliers job as well. He made an average of $6 million per season while with the Lakers.According to one source close to James, the Cavaliers All-Star would be interested in playing for recently deposed Portland coach Maurice Cheeks. His four-year, $12 million contract with the Trail Blazers will expire at the end of the season.The other top coaching candidates around the league are former Golden State head coach and current Memphis assistant Eric Musselman and current Seattle head coach Nate McMillan.Musselman's name has been linked to the opening in Orlando. McMillan is a coach of the year candidate and a free agent at the end of the season.If the Cavaliers chose to mine the college ranks, Gilbert might look to his alma mater, Michigan State, and its coach, Tom Izzo. Kentucky coach Tubby Smith has also been a prospect in recent years...Flip Saunders, Mo Cheeks, Johnny Davis, Nate McMillan, Phil Jackson and possible Larry Brown all candidates for the teams looking for coaches this offseason...who will go where? New York? Cleveland? Orlando? Portland? Los Angeles?...knowing the NBA though, don't be surprised to see maybe one or two more franchises to add their names to that waiting list...

#4. SMALL MAGIC:::BIGGER GUARD??? I love Jameer Nelson's game and what he's done since his emergence. But there's rumblings within the Magic that they'll look for a bigger starting point guard this offseason. They believe Nelson might be better-suited coming off the bench, which is what he's back to doing now. Keep in mind that Nelson wants to be a starter sometime, somewhere . . . Yeah Ive followed Jameer Nelson from College that ordeal to the #20 picks ordeal with Denver and I have to admit I am a fan of his. As much as Id like him to get playing time it looks like theyll be looking for a bigger point guard in the offseason...but not a bad time to do it for the magic. Nick Van Exel, Damon Stoudamire, Mike James, Tyronn Lue among others will be free agents in the summer...So add a coach to their "top" priorties in the offseason.

#3. BOBCATS LOSING GAMES:::BOBCATS NOT LOSING PLAYERS??? Bobcats guard Keith Bogans, who was traded by the Magic to Charlotte for forward Brandon Hunter on Nov. 1, becomes a free agent after the season, He wants to stay with the Bobcats and will ask for a four-year deal."I love it here," Bogans said before the Magic faced the Bobcats. "I'm playing, I'm having fun. I've gotten an opportunity. I don't want to go anywhere."Bogans is averaging 9.2 points for the Bobcats, playing 59 games and starting 28. He played little in the preseason with the Magic after playing 73 games last season as a rookie. "The losing is difficult, but I'm playing and learning the game here," he said.Bogans was helped off the floor in the second quarter after suffering back spasms. He's listed day-to-day. . . . The expansion Bobcats took a 10-game losing streak into the game, but Bogans said, "I've been telling the guys that I played for a team last season that lost 19 straight games. I told them we can get out of it." . . . Bobcats power forward Emeka Okafor, whom the Magic considered taking with their No. 1 draft pick, is the likely frontrunner for rookie of the year. He leads all rookies in scoring (16.4 points) and rebounding (10.6)....this story came only days after Brevin Knight also expressed his willingness to stay in Charlotte aswell, good sign that players understand the opportunity and future of this team instead of running for bigger bucks (if there are those offers) elsewhere...im sure the starts and minuteh help aswell...I said this before, im really looking forward to the moves and future of this expansion team. Charlotte loves basketball, its a nice city and even when the Hornets were here the crowd was packed. So there is opportunity to make money there. With Emeka Okafor at the helm and large sums of free salary space coming, aswell as good draft picks expect this team to pick up sooner rather than later....thats if Bickerstaff makes the right choices...

#2. EXPANSION TIME:::NBA MINOR LEAGUE IN PLACE??? The NBDL's lineup will be bigger next season. Commissioner David Stern will announce today the NBA's plans to expand its four-year-old minor league by adding four new franchises for the 2005-06 season. Clubs in Albuquerque, N.M.; Tulsa, Okla.; and the Texas cities of Austin and Fort Worth will comprise what will become the NBDL's West Division. The NBDL, which began with eight Southeastern U.S.-based teams in 2001, is operating this season with six clubs. Included are five of the original eight franchises, located in Roanoke, Fayetteville, N.C., Asheville, N.C., Columbus, Ga., and Huntsville, Ala. The sixth team, located in Fort Myers, Fla., was moved from Charleston, S.C., before the start of the this season. Two of the original eight cities - Mobile, Ala., and Greenville, S.C. - lasted only two seasons before folding because of poor attendance. The new Western franchises will be owned and operated by David Kahn, former general manager of the NBA's Indiana Pacers. New Mexico Business Weekly reported last week that all that was holding up the deal in Albuquerque was finalizing an arena lease agreement. Except for the privately-owned Florida franchise, all of the current NBDL clubs are financed and operated by the NBA. NBDL President Phil Evans has said his league could eventually expand to as many as 15 teams, with each franchise serving two NBA teams as a minor-league feeder. While there has been no official announcement yet on next season's status of the five current NBA-owned clubs, Roanoke president/general manager Dennis Robarge said he fully expects the Dazzle to return for a fifth year. "We haven't heard anything that would indicate otherwise," Robarge said. "The NBA is really committed to making this thing work." Entering Sunday's game with Fayetteville, the Dazzle had averaged 1,867 fans per game for 18 home dates. The club has drawn 8,147 for its past two Saturday dates.....this makes me very happy as I have been waiting/supporting this for a while. Not yet a minor league, because no team is affiliated with any certain NBDL team but its a step in the right direction. This expansion will help undrafted or un-nba players get noticed and help support their families (in a logical way, not talking about Spreewell here)...Congradulations guys! and I hope it expands even further some day...

#1.GRIZZLIES TAMED:::MEMPHIS NEEDS A SWIFT KICK??? In trying to figure out which was more embarrassing -- Swift missing his 13th game last Sunday because of a moderately sprained left ankle or sitting in a uniform not prepared to play -- one had to wonder what really is on the fifth-year forward's mind. Pau Gasol rushed back from a stress reaction in his left foot. Shane Battier played two games with a 101-degree temperature that should have rendered him bedridden. Jason Williams rolled his ankle and performed after two games. Earl Watson has a busted left hand, a tender shoulder and would have missing teeth if not for cosmetic surgery. Yet the 6-1 reserve guard is, yep, playing. So where is Stromile Swift? He's back, all right. He's back to being the butt of a joke heard during the Grizzlies' inaugural season in Memphis. Whenever the team bus hit a bump in the road and players were slightly discharged from their seats, a teammate would sarcastically check on Swift. The remarks would go something like this: Somebody check on Stro. He may have separated his shoulder. Right now it appears Swift's view on his future is separated from reality. Sure, he played well when Gasol first went down because of an injury. Sure, Swift can jump to Pluto if he wants, and he operates as the team's only legitimate shot-blocker. But those credits he earned with fine performances before the Feb. 16 ankle injury at Boston have been spent on unexcused time off. Swift has been cleared by doctors to play for more than two weeks. He can play. He should play.He needs to play. This is a guy fighting for a contract beyond this season, and he has shown no recuperative powers and little professional pride. For a team battling for a playoff berth, the Grizzlies are right to plan on excelling without Swift. "I have never questioned a player in 14 years," Griz coach Mike Fratello said. "There's got to be a trust in all of us. If they say they can't go, then they can't go." Something funny happened during Lorenzen Wright's exit from practice last week. Wright, a sturdy veteran, repeatedly asked Swift if he would play the next night against New Orleans. Swift ignored the ribbing. Repeatedly. When asked about needing to prove that he can play through pain, Swift downplayed the situation. "I don't think it's a factor because the whole year I've played through injury and didn't talk about it. Everybody plays through injuries," Swift said, responding to a notion that he needs to dispel a career-long notion that he's fragile. Swift has also talked about not getting enough "lift" to deliver the aerial assault he's accustomed to. Still, one has to wonder if Swift's ankle is all that's weak. Could he be receiving bad advice from representatives? Swift never budged from a six-year, $60 million proposal to the Griz last summer. The Grizzlies' counter was to pay him an average of $8 million per season if he met incentives. The two parties could have met at a reasonable six-year deal worth $42 million to $45 million.Now Swift is making the Grizzlies' sticking point seem like Krazy Glue. How can you invest so much guaranteed money in a guy who has played in no more than 67 games during three of four seasons in Memphis? What is Swift made of? Potential. But who knows beyond that?....all I hear is blah blah blah. WHY? because no matter if he plays the rest of the season, he cant sit the playoffs...he'll still get a big contract from a lot of teams. Hes a good player and hes a good F sometimes Center. He can run the court and hes athletic combined with power. Atlanta or New Orleans...maybe Charlotte? Sound like potential suitors to me...

ThE sCoReBoArD
    DET @ CLE
    IND @ NJN
    PHO @ ATL
    WAS @ DEN
    LAL @ UTA
    MIA @ HOU
    POR @ SAC
    MIL @ SEA

FINAL scores as they come along....

tRiViA tImE
    Alright heres a new part where Ill ask a trivia question one day, answer it the following and post a new question along with the answer. For the first question Ill start off rather easy, here we go...

1. What two players have wore the number 15 for the New York Knicks, and have the distinct honor of having their jerseys retired and hung over Madison Square Garden???

Well that wraps it up, post at will and just over all enjoy!!! Goodnight, Good write!!! peAce Go Knicks!!!

Special thanks to the ESPN.com, NBA.com, Akron Beacon Journal, Roanoke Times, Orlando Sentinel, and the Memphis Commercial Appeal.

Superstar

Earl "The Pearl" Monroe (1986) and Dick McGuire (1992)

now that was an easy one

i'd like to thank you again for doing all this, i know it's not esasy (especially when the database falls), i personaly think you're doing a wonderfull job!

Superstar

Originally Posted by rady
    now that was an easy one

i'd like to thank you again for doing all this, i know it's not esasy (especially when the database falls), i personaly think you're doing a wonderfull job!
    Yah, nyknicks15 you are doing an incredible job with this.

Kudos

i guess i'll be the one to add a trivia question...

who was the first seven footer to play for the Knicks?

Veteran

wow thanks im glad everyone likes this thread and furthermore you appreciate it! thats awesome...

Not doing one today though, which you'll see me doing a lot, skipping a weekday here and there due to S...L....O...W happenings in the NBA (especially around this time of year)

Yea Ill be back tomorrow most likely, with the answer of the trivia question (not like you dont already know it haha) but yea and ill post a new one aswell with the answer...thats what i was saying peach lol but thanks for participating...i was saying ill ask a question, then on the following post answer it, and post a new question..but thanks again!!

I promise number 2 will be MUCH harder than number 1....until next time! take care

ok, i have a couple of really good questions too.. maybe ill post them in another thread

Veteran

TODAY IN NBA
    IM BACK. Like a razzling dazzling, stuffing and huffing, gyrating and penetrating, rejuvenating, crisp Walt Frazier jersey here comes NUMBER 10

TrAnSaCtIoNs
    Here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA.

Wednesday March 23rd 2005

Orlando signed guard Mark Jones to a 10-day contract and placed forward Hidayet Turkoglu on the injured list.

Charlotte activated forward Gerald Wallace and placed forward Theron Smith on the injured list.

Utah signed guard Randy Livingston for the remainder of the season.

Tuesday March 22nd 2005

Miami activated center Wang Zhizhi and placed forward Christian Laettner on the injured list.

Cleveland named Mike Bratz and Wes Wilcox assistant coaches.

RuMoRs
    Lets get right to the part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 5.

#5.COACH HERB:::EW IN??? Isiah Thomas plans to interview everyone from Phil Jackson to Gene Hackman for the Knicks' coaching vacancy this summer. No one knows exactly who Thomas will make his No. 1 priority, but if he's keeping a top 10 list in his Palm Pilot, it's time to cut and paste interim coach Herb Williams up a few slots.Williams, who inherited a dispirited and struggling team, has the Knicks playing with the defensive intensity and attitude that hasn't been seen in Madison Square Garden since Jeff Van Gundy was running up and down in front of the bench. Last night, the Knicks finally beat the Celtics, who humiliated them in their home opener and beat them two more times.The 107-82 victory was mean, nasty and against a quality opponent. It featured Stephon Marbury screaming at the Celtics' bench, Paul Pierce getting into it with Tim Thomas and even the mild-mannered Williams exchanging a few words with Boston point guard Gary Payton."The game got a little physical and our guys didn't back down," Williams said.It was the second straight quality win for the Knicks, who have won eight of their last nine at home. In many ways, it was much more impressive than Monday night's rout of the Tim Duncan-less Spurs.The first-place Celtics had won seven in a row and are now 11-2 since Antoine Walker rejoined them. They walked into the Garden acting as if they owned it. Star players refused to talk with reporters before the game, and Pierce even yelled at a television reporter who was trying to interview Tony Allen.The Celtics clearly had been reading too many of their own press clippings, and that haughtiness carried over onto the court."We didn't show them any respect," coach Doc Rivers said, shaking his head. "You have to show up and play. We had guys yapping with guys on their bench, and that is not winning basketball. That is not a winning team."That is a team excited about a winning streak and not acting like a winning team."Williams, by contrast, has the Knicks acting like a winning team, even if they did get a little mouthy in the first quarter. Still, it may be too little, too late. The Knicks remain 3½ games out of eighth place as Philadelphia also won last night.The Knicks are 12-15 under Williams, which is not the sort of record that gets anyone hired. Yet, since beginning his head-coaching career with a 2-9 mark, he has the team playing better than anyone could have expected. The team he took over from Lenny Wilkens was disjointed and confused. Last night, the Knicks looked like they believe in themselves - and in their coach.Last night marked the eighth straight game in which the Knicks have held an opponent under 100 points. What's more, the Celtics' big guns, Pierce and Walker, were absolutely dreadful. Pierce scored five points. Walker, supposedly the key figure in the Celtics' renaissance, was back to his old tricks, firing up errant three-pointers and finishing with 13 points and 5-for-20 shooting.A lot has been made of Williams' lack of experience, and in an ideal world, he might have been better off with a few more seasons on the bench. Most names on Isiah's wish list have big-time experience, guys such as Jackson and Larry Brown and Flip Saunders. Yet Williams has more coaching experience than Rivers had when he got his first head-coaching job in Orlando. And he also has a good five years' experience as an unofficial player-coach when he was Patrick Ewing's backup. Yet with nine coaching changes having already taken place in the NBA this season, there's going to be a lot of teams looking this summer for someone who can coach. And there are a lot of easier jobs than the Knicks.Maybe no one out there wants this job more than Williams, and it's starting to look as if the players want him to get it, too. Worse things could happen. Rockets assistant Patrick Ewing told NBA TV on Tuesday that although he enjoys his job in Houston he would consider joining the Knicks' staff next season if Herb Williams is retained as head coach....I'm heading towards giving Herb a full year, just to see how it goes. Youll never know until you take chances. Now Jackson seems very appealing but theres alot of questions that come with that. 20 million a year for his services? Triangle offense in NY? The owners will love it, and probably hate Isiah if he doesnt do it. It wont bother me though. I rather have Herb, Ewing and Aguirre around next season especially if we pick up a big man...

#4.FATHER BULL::ON DONE IN TORONTO??? Donyell Marshall's fiancee and children still live in Long Grove, so any trip this summer to visit the Bulls as an unrestricted free agent wouldn't take very long. Expect the visit to take place. Marshall left the Bulls on good terms on Dec. 1, 2003, when he was part of a package deal sent to the Toronto Raptors. Bulls operations chief John Paxson was looking to dump Jalen Rose and his huge contract, and the Raptors demanded Marshall be included. There was a buzz about the Bulls, who visit the Raptors tonight, being interested in Marshall before the Feb. 24 trade deadline, but nothing materialized. The 6-9 Marshall, who can play either forward position, might be priced out of the Bulls' range this summer, but certain variables could come into play. ''While I'm going to be looking at many situations, Chicago is definitely one of the teams I wouldn't mind playing for,'' Marshall said after practice Tuesday. ''I'm looking for a team where I can get meaningful minutes, a good contract and a chance to play for a winner. The Bulls have all those. I didn't want to leave in the first place, and my family [fiancee Leea Kielpinski and their four children] still live in that same house in Long Grove I bought when I signed with Chicago. ''I first signed with Chicago because I felt they had an up-and-coming team and because the city is equal distance from my home in Philadelphia and Leea's home in Minnesota. But this is a business, and trades are part of it. [Bulls coach Scott] Skiles got hired just a couple of days before I got traded. I had a couple of practices under him, and the last one was the best one I had had with them since I was there because he moved me to small forward and saw that a front line of me, Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler would really be a productive one.'' Marshall, 31, played a year and a half for the Bulls, averaging 12.6 points and 8.5 rebounds. 'John called me in and explained to me why he had to do what he was doing, and I understood,'' Marshall said. ''He had to do what he felt was best for the team and for its future. So I conducted myself as a pro then, just as I did when this last trade deadline passed and I wasn't traded. "I was very disappointed I wasn't traded to a contender. At this point in my career, that means a lot to me. But [Raptors general manager Rob Bab****] said he got a lot of offers but none that would help our team that much.'' Marshall feels he is in his prime, and his numbers suggest as much. He is a top candidate for the league's Sixth Man Award, averaging 11.9 points and 6.8 rebounds. He recently tied an NBA record when he hit 12 three-pointers as part of his career-high 38 points in a 128-110 rout of the Philadelphia 76ers.. . .Going back to Chicago for him would be a plus for him and his family. Aswell as being on a winning team for once. He's a great player and a veteran who would add experience to the Baby Bulls..Chances are hell go there...especially if they get rid of the disgruntled Curry..Chandler at C, Marshall at PF, Deng at SF, Gordon at SG and Hinrich at PG...dont sound too bad especially with Niocioni and Duhon coming off the bench..hopefully Curry just comes to us!!! YES my saga continues the sound of now starting at center for your new york knicks number 2 Eddy Curry!! is like music to my ears...we can dream right?

#3.SALARY SPACE:::SOME TOO CLOSE TO THE HEAT??? Q: With the Heat's impending signing of Shaq to a contract to keep him in Heat uniform for the rest of his career, will the Heat have a tough time keeping a very integral part of this team and his front court mate, Udonis Haslem? Also, knowing Shaq's contract and signing D-Wade to a long-term deal will limit our cap space, can the Heat really retain its core players surrounding them for the next few years? Joseph, Miami, FL...A: The bottom line is the Heat can match any offer for Udonis up to a $5 million starting point for next season. If Udonis agrees to an offer beyond that elsewhere, the Heat's out of luck. In many ways, it's up to Udonis. He can sign for a lower figure for one year with the Heat and then get an unlimited amount in 2006-07. As for filling out the roster, that's why Qyntel Woods and Dorell Wright are here, as building blocks for the next generation of Heat....When it comes to situations like these you can never be too sure. It all depends on the players motive. Is 5 million enough to live on? Yes. Is a ring more important?...

#2.CELTIC PRIDE:::IT AINT EASY BEING GREEN??? The Celtics will always be the Green, but there may be a little black in the sartorial mix next season. The club confirmed yesterday it is considering an alternate uniform that will include black accents and a more updated look. The Celtics will always be the Green, but there may be a little black in the sartorial mix next season. The club confirmed yesterday it is considering an alternate uniform that will include black accents and a more updated look. In a quick check with historians yesterday, no one could remember there being a color other than green and white on the Celts' jerseys and shorts. If a change is made, it would be for a third uniform that, under league dictates, would need to be worn a minimum of six times (e.g. the Lakers wearing their whites on Sundays).While league sources say the new uniform is pretty much on its way, Celtics executive VP for sales and marketing Rich Gotham said, ``We haven't committed to it yet. The league wants us to commit to it, but we've sort of reserved judgment on it. We looked at it last summer and punted on the decision. Now we're looking at it again.'' Though the Celts switched away from the traditional dark sneakers at home starting last season, Gotham said, ``We wouldn't mess around with our standard uniform. If we do it, it will be a special edition, so to speak. It's a decision we wouldn't take lightly. We wouldn't do anything without consulting Doc (Rivers), Danny (Ainge), Red (Auerbach) and probably the players. We'll see if it's something the fans are interested in and the players would enjoy and we'll sort of go from there.'' The league had been having some of its teams wear old-style uniforms on occasion this season, but as Gotham said, ``We're already retro.'' ...Stupid story? yes. BUT I just want to begin my plea for an alternate Jersey for the knicks...i think theres too many all orange ones now that the Bobcats, Suns, Wizards, 76ers go old school or alternate...I say all BLACK with BLUE numbers and letters with ORANGE border around each letter and number!? Imagine Crawford "jersey popping" those hot threads? haha...oh im on a mission now. Eddy Curry in that alternate!!! its my dream haha

#1.SHOPPING IN THE OFFSEASON:::THE PEN IS MIGHTIER THEN THE SWORD...ON THEIR LOGO??? From the season's start, the Cavs have been one of the worst outside shooting teams in the NBA. They are shooting 32.9 percent from 3-point range, 28th out of 30 NBA teams. Paxson brought in Lucious Harris during the off-season to improve the team's outside shooting, but he's been in a slump all year. In February, Jiri Welsch was brought in from the Celtics to do the same thing - improve the outside shooting. He didn't do any better than Harris. Malone will have to figure out what happened with Harris and Welsch and get more production from all of his outside shooters or the opposing defenses will continue to pack it in and force the Cavs to shoot from the outside. That's just one problem for Malone. Poor defense is another. It has cost the Cavs several games, including one against the Nets when Richard Jefferson scored on a last-second basket when several players got lost on the switch. Under Silas, perimeter defense had long been an issue, and guard Jeff McInnis took much of the blame. Still, improving on a defense this late in the season will be a challenge for Malone, especially with so few games left. He's in no position to introduce another system. As for the bench, scoring from the role players has been so bad that veteran forward Scott Williams has been shocked by it. "I've never seen such a lack of production off a bench in my 25 years in sports," Williams said. "We have skilled players on that bench. I don't know if it's a conscious thing or a subconscious thing. Guys just were not performing." Robert "Tractor" Traylor, Eric Snow and Anderson Varejao pro vide solid defense off the bench, but scoring is another matter. The inability of the bench to provide points has put too much pressure on the starters. LeBron James, for example, scored 56 points Sunday at Toronto, but that still wasn't enough for a victory.That was just the latest failure on the road, where the Cavs haven't won since Jan. 22. If the Cavs hope to remain in the playoff hunt, they must end their road losing streak. They have 12 road games left, and eight of those games are against teams in the top eight playoff positions. So Malone doesn't have much time to turn things around. His first game is tonight against the defending champion Detroit Pistons. "If [the firing] shakes it up a little bit, this could be a positive thing," Williams said. "We haven't been playing the way we were playing in December and January. This wasn't the same team that the city was excited about, and we have to get back to that." In the off-season, the Cavs will have room under the salary cap to pursue an established outside shooter on the free-agent market. Some potential free agents the Cavs would be interested in are Ray Allen of Seattle, Michael Redd of Milwaukee and Joe Johnson of Phoenix. In addition, the Cavs might choose to pass on re-signing McInnis, which would leave an opening at point guard. One possibility to fill that void is Antonio Daniels of Seattle. Also, the Cavaliers will have to make a decision on All-Star center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who will be a free agent. James says he wants Ilgauskas to come back, but the Cavs might be reluctant to sign a long-term, big-money deal. Finally, the Cavs will need to find a replacement for Silas to help chart the next course for the team....Cleveland needs some outside shooters, and I think Ray Allen is there best bet, as Michael Redd keeps stating he wants to stay in Milwaukee. (who knows why)...imagine Iglauskas, Gooden, James, Allen and say Snow??? conference finals here they come...

ThE sCoReBoArD
    CHI 94 - TOR 85
    PHO 120 - CHA 105
    SAS 93 - IND 100
    BOS 82 - NYK 107
    DET 84 - PHI 107
    NOH 102 - MIN 107
    MIL 108 - LAC 116
    DAL 109 - GSW 97

tRiViA tImE
    Alright heres a new part where Ill ask a trivia question one day, answer it the following and post a new question along with the answer. Todays question is a MATHEMATICAL RIDDLE!!! Pretty simple just follow the instructions...its a tough one today guys!! I think..

ADD the number of players we have drafted in the last 10 seasons (95-04)
    ADD the jersey number of the player that won the NBA Finals MVP award in our NBA Championship win
    SUB the jersey number of our guard who played college ball at Tennessee
    ADD the number of wins we have total in our last two NBA Final appearances (not series, just game wins)
    SUB the number of 3 Ball and Dunk Champions total (that were New York Knicks when winning the contest)

EQUALS THE JERSEY NUMBER OF WHAT PLAYER CURRENTLY ON THE KNICKS ROSTER???? Minor mess up on the question, did fix it though.

Special thanks to the ESPN.com, NBA.com, Chicago Sun-Times, Newsday, New York Daily News, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Boston Herald and the South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Superstar

For the trivia question, which NBA Championship win and for the NBA Final wins thing, do you mean in the season or the finals.

Veteran

Not trying to give away too much here...lets just say it doesnt matter what championship win...

In our past two NBA FINALS appearances, how many games did we win....like if it was best of seven in both and we won 3 in one appearance and 3 in the other the answer would be 5...

Superstar

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    Not trying to give away too much here...lets just say it doesnt matter what championship win...

In our past two NBA FINALS appearances, how many games did we win....like if it was best of seven in both and we won 3 in one appearance and 3 in the other the answer would be 5...
    You mean what 6 but I know what your saying