• I read a FEW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FIRST time reader

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NYKnicks15

Starter
TODAY IN NBA

In the words of my boy Tony Realli from "Around the Horn"...."alright alright alright" haha, welcome to the very first edition of "Today in the NBA" most likely it will be a monday-friday thread most likely not as detailed as this one either I have to balance between this and finishing up a script but here it is, go easy on it and enjoy...

TrAnSaCtIoNs
No longer can Mic Jagger sing that he "Can't get no Transactions" because here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA.

Indiana- 1. Waived Forward Michael Curry. The 15 year veteran, now off his 6th team, was averaging 13.8 minutes per game, 1.5 rebounds per game and 4.5 points per game for the Indiana Pacers. 2. Signed Center Dale Davis. Davis who played for Indiana 9 years, after being drafted by them, was recently traded by Golden State to the New Orleans and even more recently released by them. He is expected to sign the veteran minimum for the remainder of the season. 3. Forward Jermaine O'Neal placed on IL. Im not going to talk about IL movements that much but in this case i thought it should be talked about.After being unintentionally kneed by Marbury in the ribs in one game his right shoulder was then dislocated the following game against Orlando. Wish Jermaine the best of health, and to his credit made both foul shots following the injury with his left arm!!! Jordan style! haha

Detroit- 1. Signed Center Elden Campbell. After signing with Detroit in 2003 he was traded to Utah in January (in the Carlos Arroyo deal) then waived, picked up New Jersey (never reported***) waived by them in March...and is now back with Detroit.

Chicago- 1. Forward Luol Deng placed on IL. Another starting player for another eastern team goes down. Sadly rookie Small Forward for the Bulls Luol Deng has been injured on a play by Houston's Tracy McGrady. McGrady apologized after the game for the incident. Get well Luol!!!

Boston- 1. Signed Guard Gary Payton. Well well well look whos back. After being traded to the Hawks by the Celtics then waived Gary is back with the team that traded him. One, I hope the league doesnt look into the moves of Payton in the past month and Two, boy is the Celtics looking stacked. What a turn around in attitude for Payton though, after being traded to BeanTown by LA and unwillingly reporting (under speculation he wouldnt***) hes signed a free agency deal with them. How the league works?!

*** I am so sick of professional players not being professional. From Dale Davis, to Gary Payton, to Elden Campbell, Jimmy Jackson and so on. Listen being traded is part of the game and I know you have families or (insert another excuse here) but cmon. This is part of the game. You get dealt pack up and move. Be a man and a be a professional. It's disgusting.

RuMoRs
Nothing to do with Lindsay Lohan sadly enough, but yes this is Rumors. The part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 5.

#5. Miami- Alonzo Mourning made some bold statements towards Rod Thorn of the Nets franchise. He gave the general feeling of how the Nets organization betrayed him. Last I checked they gave him a 4 year deal for around 22.6 million dollars (when knowing he was sick), they kept him on the roster while he was debating retirement, then when wanting out they traded him, allowing them to get Carter and Mourning to go somewhere where they would buy out his contract....letting him sign anywhere he wants, aka Miami. Whats the big deal here?

#4. Orlando- Doug Christie apparently not happy with his new team. Losing his starting job, minutes, and overall success since coming from Sacramento. "I didn't really know what to expect when I got here, but I didn't expect this," Christie said. "I don't even know what to say. Disappointed is an understatement." Hmm well in regards to this statement Coach Johnny Davis stated he realizes that Christie is struggling with the transition to a new team, but he needs the veteran guard to snap out of his funk and make a contribution. Christie is shooting just 36.7 percent from the floor since the trade, and his defense has been lacking...Christie is signed through next year for a lump sum of 8.2 million.

#3. Cleveland- Continue to cozy up to Zydrunas Iglauskas' agent Herb Rudoy. Even allowing him to watch the games from the plush suites. The Center who has played his whole career in Cleveland could become a free agent next year and Cleveland and especially LeBron does not want this to happen....honestly it probably wont.

#2. Portland- Damon Stoudamire, the 9 year PG veteran who becomes a free agent next year, feels these are his last days in good ole Portland. After Wallace, O'Neal, Wells and Coach Dunleavy leaving the team he quote "look at everybody else and they're in a position to prosper and I'm the last man standing". More than likely Stoudamire, a former rookie of the year, WILL become a free agent this offseason and I'm sure there will be a few teams looking for a veteran point guard or point guard in general to join their team...maybe the Lakers? the Rockets? Minnesota or Utah? The possiblities are endless.

#1. Chicago- On an exclusive interview with WSCR-AM (670), Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf had more than a few interesting words about starting disgruntled Center Eddy Curry. Even though he admitted Curry is a big help in their teams success "Reinsdorf seemed to balk at the idea of signing Curry to a huge contract "I don't know where it's written that [Curry is] going to get big money,'' Reinsdorf said. "Let's wait and see what happens.''...take that for what its worth but he also stated that he was confident that Coach Skiles would be locked down for atleast one more year of coaching eluding to speculation of Curry's status with the franchise. Curry has publicly stated difference between him and Skiles, conflicts in playing time and the overall uncertainity of wanting to play under him again.

ThE sCoReBoArD
Orlando Magic 111
New York Knicks 89

Philadelphia 76ers 98
Cleveland Cavaliers 89

Boston Celtics 104
Charlotte Bobcats 84

New Orlean Hornets 77
Utah Jazz 64

Golden State Warriors 103
Washington Wizards 90

Memphis Grizzlies 86
Toronto Raptors 75

Indiana Pacers 106
Portland Trailblazers 97

Seattle Supersonics 95
Detroit Pistons 95

Minnesota Timberwolves 103
Milwaukee Bucks 97

Miami Heat 104
Sacramento Kings 83

San Antonio Spurs 102
Chicago Bulls 99

Los Angeles Lakers 108
Dallas Mavericks 103

Would have done all the team colors two-way team colors but its too much for a color blind kid haha. Hit me up if you know how to put pictures on here. I asked someone already but they havent responded. thanks...

Special thanks to the Portland Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, Florida Today, Cleveland Plain Dealer and the New York Post

Well that wraps it up, post at will and just over all enjoy!!! More than likely Ill keep reposting the daily edition back in this thread so I dont take up all the spots on the main page everyday. Goodnight, Good write!!! peAce Go Knicks!!!

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i guess nyknicks15 couldnt be bothered coloring in the other names for teams.... jk, its a really good recap, must take a lot of time and effort. Also thanks for doiung this.. now i only have to go to one page to find everyhting about one day in the nba... great work!!

NYKnicks15

Starter
TODAY IN NBA

Alright, welcome to the second edition yes the second edition...no no in the famous words of Charles Barkley in Space Jam "It wasn't a dream! It really happened". The first was friday and lets get underways with Mondays.

TrAnSaCtIoNs
No longer will you have to be like the great Bill Murray or the beautiful Scarlett Johansen, "Lost in Transactions" of course, because here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA.

321387.gif
1. Activated G Willie Green and G Josh Davis. It probably feels good for Philly to get two pieces in that young core back off the IL. Iverson originally was switched to PG, at the beginning of the season, so they could fit Willie into the line up. 2. F Matt Barnes and F Michael Bradley were placed on the IL. Man and I really put my money on these guys being the upside in the Webber trade.

324583.gif
1. Placed G Doug Christie on the IL. How ironic the league is isnt? He complains about not getting enough minutes and now hes out for the season due to "needed" surgery on bone spurs in his foot. Bad news for Christie and the Magic, but good news for the players on the opposing team scared of his wife...

325603.gif
1. Placed F Bonzi Wells on the IL. Hopefully he gets well soon. Memphis is a bright young team and with Pau Gasol not getting any better needs all the back ups and other players to step up. Real good that they have a very talented squard all around, including back ups. Bonzi was averaging 10.4 PPG and 3.4 RPG in 22.2 minutes of play.

323662.gif
1. Welcome to Hot-Lanta. Home of the only living dinosaur known to date the K.Willisauras Rex. The 7 foot 21 year veteran Center was activated today. Back to playing with his old stomping grounds...no not Miami, not San Antonio, not Golden State, not Denver, not Houston, not Toronto...yea Atlanta the team he was originally drafted by*** Kevin Willis is averaging 2.8 PPG 2.6RPG in 11.3 MPG.

CharlotteBobcatSM.jpg
1. G Kareem Rush was placed on the IL. Bad news for the expansion team who I was picking to rank up there in second with most wins in the first season by an expansion (the 1st being Chicago in 66-67 with 33). Kareem who was traded to the Bobcats by the Lakers was averaging 8.4 PPG 1.9 RPG in 20.2 MPG. 2. G Matt Carroll was activated. Good news for him though. He's a bright young player who has been playing with the NBDL for a while. Hes was never drafted by a NBA team but has played a few months here and there with the Spurs, Warriors, TrailBlazers and even the Knicks. Hopefully this gives that kid the chance to show off what he can do. Good Luck Matt!!!

*** = even though I made a joke about Kevin Willis I give him mad respect. Over his 21 year career he has played for 7 teams, and unlike other stingy, ungreatful veterans has reported to each and everyone. A theory for all players to consider...

RuMoRs
Like a famous man once said "Unlike those painful tumors, theres no getting rid of those even more painful rumors"...actually I just made that up BUT lets get to the part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 5.

329710.gif
#5. Radmanovic says he wants to return, "but it is not my decision. It is up to management. This is my second home and it's a great group of guys, but there's not much I can do about the future." the 6-10 Vladimir Radmanovic is averaging 12.2 ppg and a 41.1 3PT%. "If everybody who's on this roster this year isn't on it next year, this won't be the same kind of team," All-Star Ray Allen said. "We're successful because the guys we have right now have come together. We've created such a natural bond that allows us to play the way we're capable of playing." Ray Allen and Radmanovic both become free agents next year and Seattle wants to resign both the players. Its just a matter of how much theyre willing to give up AND how short of time it will take Jesus Shuttlesworth to realize a good team and a chance at a ring is more important than a MAX contract.

324902.gif
#4. Point Guards Jeff McInnis and Eric Snow share the same agent but how long will it be before they share different teams? Both wont be back next year and neither can be pleased with the current set up. McInnis becomes a free agent in the offseason and Snow is still guaranteed a 4 year 4.8-7.3 million dollars. By math it looks like Snow will stay and McInnis will go but who knows in the NBA? It could also be a point of who is worth more in trade value? a sign and trade with McInnis? or a sign McInnis, then trade Snow scenario?

322274.gif
#3. Carlos Boozer, a Duke alumni who majored in Business, is said to be looking to getting out of town. "NBA folks have not lost major respect for former Cavs star Carlos Boozer because he has failed to live up to his $68 million contract with Utah this season. Rather, it is because Boozer has been quietly pushing to go elsewhere - instead of focusing on making things work in Utah." Carlos was the talk of many trade deadline rumors even one involved with our Knicks...the 3 year PF is averaging 17.8 PPG and 9 RPG...

321387.gif
#2. During one of Chris Webber's first games with the Sixers, he sat down on the bench and said, loudly enough for a few teammates to hear: "I can't wait 'til this year is over.""It's not necessarily about me and A.I. being on the same page," Webber said. "It's just two different philosophies. That's all I can say. You just have to see if you can fit that philosophy."Webber isn't thrilled about full-contact sessions, just as he expressed his displeasure when O'Brien said that they want him to attack out on pick-and-rolls. "I can't do that," Webber told teammates. "My first step is not there." Looks like theres a problem with the "trade deadline winners"...A one legged, 34 for 94 (as a 76er), 17.5 million dollar problem. Man I wish we got him (sarcasm)...sorry to Isiah for trashing him for not being interested in trading for him...

321267.gif
#1. "Eventually, you do have to take a second look at things and just try to think if it's the right place for you and your family," Curry said. "You start to question a lot of stuff when you're in the position I'm in." "I felt like 4 turnovers in 16 minutes was probably enough, coupled with a lot of the activity around the basket he was very slow to react to," Skiles said. Curry the 6-11 disgruntled Center managed to get in "But right now, I'm a part of this team. I'll try my hardest to do what I can to help us win. If that's cheering from the bench, then that's what I have to do." This adding to the speculation of Curry not wanting to remain a Bull. He is an unrestricted free agent this offseason and with these reports may be up for sign and trades....Now at number 2 your New York Knicks starting Center Eddy Curry...ahh we can dream cant we??

ThE sCoReBoArD
Houston Rockets 90
Dallas Mavericks 69

Detroit Pistons 85
Sacramento Kings 100

Boston Celtics 97
Minnesota Timberwolves 99

Toronto Raptors 95
New Orleans Hornets 84

San Antonio Spurs 101
Utah Jazz 94

Golden State Warriors 99
New York Knicks 115

Miami Heat 105
Cleveland Cavaliers 82

more scores as they come along....

Well that wraps it up, post at will and just over all enjoy!!! Goodnight, Good write!!! peAce Go Knicks!!!

Special thanks to the New York Daily News, Seattle Times, Arlington Heights Daily Herald, Akron Beacon Journal and the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
hmm.. this topic deserves more attention, i'll see what i can do in the next few days :)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Wow!! nice work Rady.. that banner is nice, congrats NYknicks15, keep this forum rolling, its my go to site for all nba news.. thanks

NYKnicks15

Starter
TODAY IN NBA
The beautiful number 3, Marbury has it..Starks had it...and now todays edition has it. That's right "Today in NBA" Edition Three.

TrAnSaCtIoNs
Dont worry about adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying or TRANSACTIONS because here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA.

325937.gif
1. Signed Guard Anthony Goldwire for the remainder of the season. In his 11 year career hes played for the Suns, Hornets, Nuggets, Cavaliers, Spurs, Wizards, and the Timberwolves. He's made a career of a month here and a month there, more power to him. He's most remembered for his incredible....yea couldnt think of anything...sorry...2. Placed Center Daniel Santiago on the IL. The 7-1, 4 year Center is averaging 10.3 MPG 1.6 RPG and 3.4 PPG....EXCITING!

324980.gif
1. Signed Center/Power Forward Mark Pope for the remainder of the season. Pope has previously played for Indiana, Milwaukee and New York in his 9 year career. He averages for his career 10.8 MPG 1.7 RPG and 1.9 PPG He's most remembered for his incredible....yea also couldnt think of anything...sorry

VERY SLOW day in transactions as you can see...

RuMoRs
Come on come all, from "Generation X" to those good ole "Baby Rumors" BUT lets get to the part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 5.

321933.gif
#5. Raptors General manager Rob Babcock has no plans to fire head coach Sam Mitchell, not in the immediate days ahead nor at the end of the season.But Babcock told the Toronto Sun yesterday that he is satisfied with the job the personable and sometimes emotional Mitchell has done in his first year as a head coach -- stressing that his vote of confidence is the real thing and not a "kiss of death" vote of confidence. "He's a work-in-progress rookie coach, which we understood when we hired," said Babcock, who also is in his first year as an NBA general manager....is it just me or can you tell that their both in their first years??? I personally dont like Mitchell so I can careless...you dont threaten to punch my boy Skip to my Lou in the face!!!

324837.gif
#4. Nick Van Exel is shutting down his season, and Zach Randolph might be following. Van Exel said he no longer wants to play for the Trail Blazers, in part because his left knee hurts, and in part out of protest to the team's management for quitting on the season by initiating a youth movement. The final straw for Van Exel was when rookie center Ha Seung Jin threw an errant pass that was stolen and taken in for an uncontested dunk to give Phoenix a 40-24 lead. On the next possession, Ha traveled, and Van Exel was taken out, but not before he slapped hands with Damon Stoudamire and said "This is some (bull) right here, man." He never returned. Van Exel, who has said he will retire after the season unless he is traded in the offseason to a team that is perfect for him, said his frustration has to do with management quitting on the team's playoff drive while the team was still mathematically alive.....Van Exel wants to leave. Stoudamire wants to leave. Randolph isnt happy. Cheeks wanted to leave. Van Exel, Ratliff, Stoudamire and Abdur-Rahim are all free agents next year leaving only 38 million on the salary books....heres the question, who in their right mind would want to go there a free agent???

328815.gif
#3.Knicks owner James Dolan was not in his customary baseline seat at the Garden last night. And by tonight, Dolan, in a raging feud with his father Charles, may not be in his customary role as Knicks owner. Crain's New York Business reported on its website last night that Jets owner Woody Johnson and former Yes Network honcho Leo Hindery might be interested in purchasing the Knicks if Cablevision puts them up for sale. Johnson and Dolan have warred over the West Side Stadium proposal. The chaos at Cablevision didn't stop Dolan from taking on $30 million more in future payroll Feb. 24 at the trading deadline in two roundly criticized deals. An impending ownership change could hurt the Knicks' chances in the Phil Jackson Sweepstakes. The future of James Dolan's role in Cablevision and whether the corporation will sell the Knicks and Rangers is expected to be hashed out today in Palm Beach, Fla., during a big board of directors meeting....personally I hope Dolan stays Jimmy Dolan that is. He hands out the money, watches the games and lets the GM's and coaches do their job...like every owner SHOULD do.

328815.gif
#2. Former Lakers guard Derek Fisher is part of a select group of people who actually believe Phil Jackson would be interested in coaching the rebuilding Knicks. "I don't know if he's as caught up in the whole championship thing as you might think," said Fisher, who signed with the Warriors last summer. "I think he still enjoys the nuances of the game. And I'm sure that since he played as a Knick it's probably been his dream to be on the sidelines as the Knicks coach." Jackson had dinner with Lakers owner Jerry Buss on Friday and there is a strong possibility that Jackson will return to the team that he led to three straight championships. The general feeling around the league is that Jackson would not want to join the Knicks because they are not close to being a contender. "I think he still sees a lot of positive pieces in terms of people with their individual abilities of guys on the Knicks," Fisher said. "I can see him enjoying the versatility of guys like Tim Thomas and Jamal Crawford, guys with explosiveness." Fisher added that Stephon Marbury would embrace Jackson's triangle offense because "I think Steph is the kind of guy that's always been coachable."...hmm but do we want him? Some say passionately YES. Some say passionately NO. Is it a chance worth taking? It is Phil Jackson though...how many rings does he have? Yes yes he was given talent etc etc. But those shiny 9 rings do blind some peoples clear view of the truth...

321267.gif
#1. Yes my love, my intrigue, my down right obsession with the Bulls/Curry "saga" is continuing and will aslong as something comes along every day like this. "I don't know, man -- it's a tough situation. I don't want to start up any controversy. I love playing for this team, and I love playing for coach Skiles. I just hope that we can try to resolve this situation before it gets too bad." Curry said he planned to talk to Coach Scott Skiles on Monday about playing a conbined 2 minutes 58 seconds in the second half of the Bull's' last two games, including back-to-back fourth quarter benchings. "I just want to play and do think at times I'm on a shorter leash" Curry said. He continued to say "Sometimes I do think about playing elsewhere..." Once again my hopes Isiah will work something to make him our starting Center next season will still be there. Like P.Diddy says "The Saga Continues".

ThE sCoReBoArD
Los Angeles Clippers 102
Memphis Grizzlies 105

Denver Nuggets 111
Portland Trailblazers 98

Dallas Mavericks 113
Toronto Raptors 105

Milwaukee Bucks 85
Chicago Bulls 90

Miami Heat 108
Philadelphia 76ers 100

Well that wraps it up, post at will and just over all enjoy!!! Goodnight, Good write!!! peAce Go Knicks!!!

Special thanks to the Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, New York Daily News, New York Post, The Orgegonian and the Toronto Sun

NYKnicks15

Starter
TODAY IN NBA
Another day brings another edition of "Today in NBA". Number 4 to be exact. The best thing to happen to number 4 since Marbury was picked at that by Milwaukee in the 1996 draft...here we go.

TrAnSaCtIoNs
Like a closed bank, I was hoping their would be "No Transactions" BUT there we're three last minutes ones so here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA.

322274.gif
1. Placed Center Jarron Collins on the IL. The twin brother of Nets big man Jason Collins, the backup to Mehmet Okur was placed on the Injured list today. The 53rd overall pick in the 2001 draft was averaging 4.3 PPG 2.8 RPG in 17.6 MPG.

323662.gif
1. Rookie Guard Donta Smith activated. The 34th pick of last years draft, has only played 16 games this season due to injury. He's averaging 2.6 PPG 1.4 RPG in 10.4 MPG. Good luck and stay healthy Donta much success in your future. 2. Center Kevin Willis placed on the IL. After what two days on the active roster list MY BOY haha Center Kevin Willis was put back on the IL today. Any dibs on what team he plays for next year?

RuMoRs
BUT lets get to the part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 5.

324837.gif
#5. Same source said he thinks that Blazers GM John Nash probably gets another year to prove himself, but that if Vandeweghe or someone better comes available, there's always the option of Paul Allen throwing his hands up and making a change. I'm not for change for the sake of change. But I think the Blazers need to either commit to Nash now, or cut him loose. That said, like I wrote last week, I think Nash drafted pretty well, and made a good signing in Joel Przybilla. Also, I think the awful Darius Miles contract was more Allen than Nash.....You know Nash is a good GM I mean its hard to decipher his best move to date, if its trading Rasheed Wallace and Wesley Person or trading for Person and giving up Bonzi Wells for him?? hmm cant think but then again I am an Isiah fan so I have no room to talk...

321387.gif
#4. O'Brien is trying to show his star Forward that he is willing to communicate if a problem arises.Such a problem arose when Webber sat out nearly 12 minutes in Atlanta, He appeared unhappy in the lockeroom as most his teammates were celebrating a one point win. "I was asked to come help the situation, and I can't help unless I'm on the floor" "We talked about it, and that's that."...man I cant help to wonder why Isiah didn't get his one-legged 17.5-21 million dollar Forward? By the way his "helping" while on the court is a 34 for 94 shooting....

329036.gif
#3.Former Heat guard Tim Hardaway is happy for Alonzo Mourning's chance to finish his career in Miami. Hardaway, who last played in 2003 (10 games with Indiana), had hoped for the same opportunity. Hardaway spent 5 1/2 seasons in Miami and has settled in South Florida, where he owns various businesses. "I'm happy Pat Riley is giving him a chance, that he didn't give me, to live his legacy out and play one more year,'' Hardaway said. "I'm waiting for that phone call just to do that.''...G Steve Smith...C Alonzo Mourning...and now Tim Hardaway wants to rejoin his old team? No offense but I'm pretty sure Pat Riley is trying to form a great team, not create a family reunion...

321267.gif
#2. ''You guys have had an expectation of Eddy. I don't know if it was ever realistic to begin with,'' said Bulls coach Scott Skiles. It's a polite way of saying Curry has become a soft, whiny, one-dimensional enigma who is wasting his gifts and might be talking his way out of Chicago.Curry tried again to put the saga behind him. ''I felt I was a presence on defense and helped us win,''When coach and player met in the video room earlier in the day to discuss the published reports, Skiles hardly draped a warm blanket over Curry. ''What Eddy got from me is what we tell our sons: Don't blame other people,'' Skiles said. ''I had that advice when I was young, and thank God I did.''....The "saga continues" media is trying to run Curry out of town, it looks like Skiles is...but in some ways so does Curry by his words...Well this relationship begins to come to an end (I pray) a new one can begin New Yorks Knicks starting Center Eddy Curry??? Would be nice but what do we have to over? Kurt Thomas? Chandler could play the C and Thomas of course the PF...who knows? who knows?

328815.gif
#1. Tonight, Knicks face Wizards C Kwame Brown, who has had an injury-plagued season, playing just 20 games. But the former first overall pick still could be a hot commodity as a restricted free agent this summer, with the Knicks seeking a pivot with their $5 million mid-level exception or in a sign-and-trade. The Wizards may not want to pay him with the emergence of C Brendan Haywood. Well I said, aswell as a few others we should look to a few reasonable possiblities for the offseason, and I think Curry and Brown were at the top of that list....are my dreams/wishes/prayers coming true??? Well have to wait until the offseason.

ThE sCoReBoArD
washington wizards 83
new york knicks 93

golden state warriors 104
philedalphia 76ers 85

cleavland cavaliers 111
orlando magic 92

FINAL scores as they come along....

Special thanks to the Palm Beach Post, Chicago Sun-Times, New York Post, Philadelphia Inquirer, and the Oregonian

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Wow, that would be a great pickup in the offseason, if we could pick up Kwame Brown.. by the way, is there a link or something to that rumor.

NYKnicks15

Starter
TODAY IN NBA
As crisp as a Tim Thomas jersey here comes NUMBER 5.

TrAnSaCtIoNs
Like a pregnant woman about to give birth, I'm starting to feel the Transactions!! SOOO here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA.

328815.gif
1.Resigned G Jermaine Jackson to a 10 day contract. He's been a Piston, a 76er, a Raptor and a Hawk and atleast for 10 more days he's going to be a Knick. In his 10 days you mind he has been averaging.... aswell call him Action Jackson he has a 60FG% 100FT% and 2.3 PPG with 1.7 RPG...in 7 minutes of play, not too bad.

329036.gif
1.Placed C Wang Zhizhi on the Injured list. This 7-1 Center who plays more from beyond the arc compared to under the basket was the first ever Chinese player in the NBA after being drafted by the Dallas Mavericks in 1999. He's making another first...the first Chinese player in Heat history to go on the Injured List.2.Activated G Steve Smith. The former All-star and still arguably one of the best shooters in the NBA was activated. Smith was traded back to the team who originally drafted him at number 5 in the 91 Draft (Heat) at the trade deadline. He's averaging 17.2 MPG, 7.9 PPG, 1.3 RPG and 1.5 APG.

323002.gif
1.Activated G Mike Wilks. The NBDL alumni has been with the Bucks, Hawks, Timberwolves, Bulls and Rockets since 2002. Now with the Spurs he averages 4.2 MPG with 1.4 PPG.

RuMoRs
A good read even if your not drunk, you pesky RUM-ors. ANYWAY lets get to the part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 5.

326173.gif
#5.Not important news, but I like the story...Rookie Al Jefferson was showing off his new watch after the game when he looked over at Walker and said, ``Hey, 'Toine, you need to know what time it is?'' Walker may not have known the time, but he knew all about the watch, having spent some $10,000 on it as a gift to Jefferson for yielding his No. 8 when Walker came back to the Celts....Walker goes from 08...to 88...and back to 08 hopefully confirming he's staying a Celtic....Jefferson goes from 08...to 07..Gugliotta's old number..hope he has better luck with it...

328815.gif
#4. OKAY its the whole aritcle from the Post but I was trying to post the LINK but it wouldnt work...read it though its quite good....THERE will be no contract extension forthcoming for Herb Williams now, nor should there be. The days when James Dolan lavished Don Chaney with two extensions for being a good company man are over. Isiah Thomas is in charge now. So Isiah will wait until season's end, whenever this dizzying Knick roller-coaster ride screeches to a halt. Thomas will see what Phil Jackson and Larry Brown, the two best coaches in basketball, want to do. But if it turns out that Jackson is only using Dolan to drive up his price in Portland, Minnesota or Dallas, and if the Pistons will not let Brown break his contract without Cablevision giving them half its assets, then Thomas should have an easy fallback choice. Isiah should stick with Herb.The Knicks have won five of their last six overall and seven straight at the Garden, their longest home winning streak in four years. They have moved out of the Atlantic Division cellar, past Toronto and the Nets, into third place. They are four games behind No. 8 Indiana and play the Pacers twice more. It makes no sense that after beginning the new year on a 3-18 slide and losing Lenny Wilkens, the Knicks are in a playoff race, playing meaningful games in March and keeping the Garden rocking. No one believed Williams could make this team believe. "Once you start believing you don't have a chance, you might as well go home for the summer," Williams said. You want a bigger name than Williams? Flip Saunders got out of the first round with Kevin Garnett only once. A Saunders' hiring would only show that Stephon Marbury, who adores his former coach, runs the franchise. Maurice Cheeks? Please. His resume from Portland should be burned. "Herb gets credit for this, but everyone takes credit," Marbury said. "When we lose, we all take the heat. When we win, we should all take the praise." So let us praise Williams today. He's fit in his two new pieces — Malik Rose and Maurice Taylor — seamlessly. There was no "adjustment period" needed — the excuse Chaney and Wilkens always used to explain a post-trade losing streak. Williams shrugged his shoulders and laughed off the speculation about his successor the moment he took power. All he cared about was making sure the players didn't treat him like a lame duck. He's got a nice way with the players and media, but as Kurt Thomas said after Williams' first team meeting, "He told us he ain't going to take no bleep from us." Williams even got an endorsement from Shaquille O'Neal last month, showing he's well respected by players everywhere. After an 1-7 start when the team's confidence was completely shattered, unable to hold fourth-quarter leads, Williams patched up their late-game psyche. They're resilient now. During the seven-game home winning streak, the Knicks have outscored opponents 105-95, including 40-30 in the paint, on average. Their defense at home has become Gardenesque — teams shooting just 42.1 percent.Williams has Tim Thomas reversing his awful season and Jamal Crawford making the extra pass, taking fewer shots and being a more responsible teammate. The Knicks have two crucial games left on the homestand — Sunday vs. Seattle and Tuesday vs. Miami — before hitting the road for six of the next eight. They have been a pitiful road team and Williams has not changed that. But he has changed a lot of things.So you still want a big name? OK. Here's one. Patrick Ewing, who assuredly comes to the Knicks bench next season as an assistant if his buddy returns. The franchise could do worse.

phil_jackson.jpg
#3. That it would be a mistake to discount Minnesota's chances of luring Phil Jackson to Great Lakes country. The buzz I keep hearing is that the Wolves have a shot if owner Glen Taylor wants to spend at the Zenmeister level for a coach, even with the Lakers and Knicks chasing Jackson. The lure of coaching Kevin Garnett is apparently that appealing....Phil gets too choose where he wants to go, when he wants to come back, and frankly how much money he gets, must be nice...Where would you choose if you were Phil Jackson? More importantly where would you like him to go?...not New York?

328815.gif
#2. During July's free- agency period, Isiah Thomas will be searching for a big young center and an athletic combo guard to play with Stephon Marbury and Jamal Crawford. It is why Thomas will have interest in the Wizards' roster. Wizards guard Larry Hughes and center Kwame Brown are both free agents, the latter restricted. They both will be on Isiah's summer wish list....The Wizards are notoriously thrifty and may not be able to pay both of them. Brown said his first choice is staying in D.C. Because of injuries, the 6-11, 243-pound Brown has played just 21 games in his contract year and is raw around the basket, missing a number of bunnies yesterday. But he's got wondrous skills and a great body. The Wizards are committed long term to big men Brendan Haywood and Etan Thomas, so keeping Brown might not be a priority. Brown makes $5.3 million and a qualifying offer to him - to prevent him from becoming unrestricted - is a hefty $7 million.....Hughes, who knows?, Brown, maybe. BUT very possibly......

321267.gif
#1. Curry's reality: The rumor that a television network was developing a reality series around Eddy Curry was news to the Bulls' center. "I don't know nothing about that," Curry said. "That's news to me. I hope they do, though, I could definitely take that money."...okay no the "Saga" doesnt "Continue", the saga I call BDMTRTMTBAO....aka "Bull's Dont Move Towards RED They Move Towards BLUE And ORANGE"...BUT I like Eddy Curry, I adore Eddy Curry, I want Eddy Curry to be a Knick next season, and listen buddy say you do have the show cmon look at some of the highest rated shows ever...Sopranos where does that take place? NJ&NY. Sex in the City where does that take place? NY. Friends where did that take place? NY...Bring the show to the big town baby, bull.

ThE sCoReBoArD
MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 90
MIAMI HEAT 107

LOS ANGELES LAKERS 100
DALLAS MAVERICKS 95

Special thanks to the New York Post, Arlington Heights Daily Herald, ESPN.com

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
If we can land Kwame Brown, plus a center in the draft... that would be my dream. Because then we would have two good centers battling to start, instead of having some forward step up and volunteer to play.

NYKnicks15

Starter
TODAY IN NBA
Get it get it! Like the first number of Red Holzman's retired jersey here comes edition numero 6.

TrAnSaCtIoNs
If you dont make Transactions you wont pick up the foul...SOOO here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA.

jazz_logo.gif
1.Signs C Ben Handlogten to a 10 day contract. If you dont know him dont worry ha. He played college ball at Western Michigan until 1996 and had a great career in Europe. He finally joined an NBA team in 03 when he joined the Utah Jazz. He was traded 6 months after signing with Utah to Phenonix. Which he was waived the day after. Had a good outting in his 6 months with Utah averaging 10.1 MPG, 3.2 RPG and 4 PPG.

rockets_logo.gif
1.G Bob Sura activated. Yes all Houston fans can breath, Bobby Sura is back. Now you may be laughing but Houston with out Sura has a record of 7-11 (39%)...with Sura 25-14...65%...X factor?2.Placed G Moochie Norris on the IL.Moochie a fan favorite in Houston and of course once a knick...not fan favorite, just a Knick. He averages, in 38 games with Houston, 2.25 PPG in 8.9 MPG.

bobcats_logo.gif
1.Activated G Bernard Robinson. The Bobcats 45th overall pick of last years draft rejoins his expansion team. The bigger part of the Bobcats transactions is...2. Placed F Gerald Wallace on the IL. Yup Gerald Wallace has been placed on the IL. You mite be saying who? or who cares? Well Gerald is a great young player who spent 3 years with Sacramento prior to getting picked by Charlotte in the expansion draft. He's their starting SF and a good one at that. He averages PPG 11.1 with RPG 5.50. Get well soon Wallace...not being sarcastic here but I cant wait to see the progressions/transactions of the Bobcats in the next year or two..

RuMoRs
Lets get busy with the section synomonous with "pshh:whisper:pshh"....LETS get to the part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 5.

nba1.GIF
#5.NEW RULE:::TRADE & SAVE?? Bet on this rule being changed before next season. Since our story last week that the Celtics won't be facing any sanctions for dealing Payton to Atlanta for Antoine Walker then re-signing Payton after the Hawks waived him, sources say there have been a few protests from other teams. The Celtics have denied claims that they prearranged Payton's return, and they really can't be punished because the current rules allow for this scenario. Dallas, remember, did the same thing by sending Alan Henderson to Milwaukee in the Keith Van Horn trade, then persuading the Bucks to waive Henderson so the Mavericks could re-sign him. Yet you can expect the loophole to be closed during the current labor negotiations. One potential fix is forbidding teams from waiving players they acquire in a trade until the following season....Who cares? What's the big deal here? If a team wants to sign then waive someone to free a roster spot who cares? What is the big deal guys? You still pay them their money. And they still get to become a free agent. If they go back to their original team its their choice...If a team pays a player theyve had for 1 season (after signing them in Free Agency) to leave (aka buyout/waive) and they go back to the team they played for prior whats the difference? Stupid idea. Stupid.

NBDL01a.GIF
#4. NBDL:::NBA MINOR LEAGUE?? Sources on both sides, however, indicate that this is another concession the owners are likely to secure from the union, thanks to a couple of key provisions. The NBA wants to expand the NBDL to 15 teams, with two NBA clubs sharing each minor-league club -- but with the crucial caveat that no player with more than three seasons of service time could be sent down. Veterans, in other words, would be protected from minor-league assignments. The other key? First-round draftees such as Darko, if sent down, would still earn their NBA salaries. Combined with the age restrictions, it all sounds promising. Youngsters would have a place to earn minutes and learn the game instead of relying solely on practice time that never comes close to replicating game conditions....good idea? I think so. If they can work out the little details. If signed players go there who will fill the roster on their NBA team? I'd like it though. You actually can get some interest in the NBDL, get some money revenuing through that league and get some college undrafted or others some decent paying jobs...

pacers_logo.gif
#3. ARTEST GONE:::NOW O'NEAL?? Reality is starting to set in for the Indiana Pacers: All-Star forward Jermaine O'Neal probably will be out longer than the five games he is required to miss for being placed on the injured list. How much longer? Nobody knows."There's no official word yet, but I'm starting to be afraid this is more serious than we hoped," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said Thursday.O'Neal has spent most of the week in Los Angeles, visiting doctors and getting extra opinions on his right shoulder. Carlisle doesn't know whether O'Neal will need surgery. If he does, O'Neal's already shortened season likely would be over.O'Neal sprained his shoulder while attempting a dunk late in the first half of the March 3 game at Denver. The Pacers put him on the injured list the next day, meaning the earliest he could return is Wednesday against Utah.O'Neal quit wearing a sling just days after the injury but favored the shoulder while walking around Staples Center in Los Angeles.The Pacers, who are contending for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, are 2-1 since O'Neal's injury.The Pacers have been able to get by defensively with the help of Dale Davis, who was signed the day O'Neal went on the injured list.Davis has started all three games since joining the team."Had we not been able to get Dale back on the team, we probably wouldn't have been able to win two of these last three games," Carlisle said. "He's been that important to us."....Good for Philly, New Jersey or even New York fans hoping to reach the playoffs. Bad news for the Pacers....but things could be looking brighter.....

pacers_logo.gif
#2. ARTEST MEETING:::THE BAD BOY IS BACK?? Pacers People are desperate to see their quirky stopper reinstated, and they're praying that Artest's recent meeting with Stern at the league offices in New York is a sign that a reinstatement is forthcoming. But it's not, based on everything we keep hearing. We await Stern's further pronouncements on this one as much as anyone, but as Stern has said often lately, he prefers to maintain a "never say never" stance publicly simply because that's his general philosophy on life. And as reported in this cyberspace last week, it's believed that Stern applies the "never say never" clause in this specific case because of his fondness for Pacers owners Herb and Mel Simon. In a bow to the Simons, Stern doesn't want to make Indiana's punishment seem even harsher than it already is by publicly crushing reinstatement hopes. Yet you can rest assured that it would be a major surprise if Stern reversed course and allowed Artest to return for the playoffs. No one we have encountered expects it...Okay so heres how it goes guys. You play for a team and you get angry at a game. You go into the crowd and punch out a fan or two. You get suspended and sent home with no pay (even though hes already a millionaire) for the rest of the season. BUT theres a chance if your teams good enough (which the Pacers are) to make it to the playoffs you can play for them when they make it there. So recap here, stay at home for the regular season. sit back on the millions you already have. then play for the championships of championships??? "Never say never"? Flat out ridiculous.

phil_jackson.jpg
#1.ZEN-MEISTER:::LAID BACK DECISION?? "I guess it's a 50-50 deal," Musburger said. "He could come back and he could not come back. I look at it as a fairly equal scale at this point." Jackson, 59, returned two weeks ago from a six-week vacation that took him through Australia, New Zealand and Bora Bora. His name has surfaced in connection with the coaching jobs of the Lakers, New York Knicks and Minnesota Timberwolves. The Lakers and Jackson parted last June within days of the Lakers' loss to the Detroit Pistons in the NBA Finals, but the Lakers have become more open to the idea of bringing back Jackson.At the same time, a source within the organization said there was caution because of Jackson's "whimsical" nature. Jackson has missed the game at times and has watched several Laker games since returning from his vacation, but there are days when he seems content without basketball as a focal point of his life. Jackson and Laker owner Jerry Buss were part of a small group that had dinner at Buss' Playa del Rey home last week, and Jackson has made at least two lunchtime trips to the Laker offices in El Segundo, although he and the Lakers have tiptoed around official basketball topics. Jackson is also expected to attend one of the Lakers' final eight home games as a guest in Buss' suite. After Jackson and the Lakers parted in June, Jackson wrote in his book that he was stunned to be released so quickly and bluntly. Jackson, who was at the end of a five-year, $30-million contract that included $2-million bonuses for each of three championship seasons, had asked for a two-year, $25-million contract. Buss said at the time that Jackson's triangle offense had run its course and the Lakers preferred to go in a new direction. Musburger said his client would not begin official talks with teams until mid-June, at the earliest. "I don't think you're going to hear anything about Phil's next step in the NBA, if there is a next step in the NBA, until a new champion is crowned," Musburger said. "I don't think Phil is going to accelerate the pace of any discussions. He has obligations that are non-NBA related. As it turns out, his calendar of engagements … frees itself right around the time the NBA playoffs conclude. That's the time when we could really jump into it if there are serious offers.".....Okay going to coach the Knicks? going to coach the T-Wolves? going to coach the Lakers? going to even come back?....I guess the bidding price for a talent given and outdated triangle offense coach is....12.5 million a year!?! Any takers? Sad part..there will be.

ThE sCoReBoArD

Atlanta Hawks 116
Toronto Raptors 112

Charlotte Bobcats 80
Philadelphia 76ers 112

Minnesota Timberwolves 101
Orlando Magic 96

Golden State Warriors 83
Indiana Pacers 101

Detroit Pistons 113
Boston Celtics 115

Dallas Mavericks 112
Milwaukee Bucks 110

Memphis Grizzlies 94
Utah Jazz 82

Houston Rockets
Pheonix Suns

Sacramento Kings
Los Angeles Clippers

Chicago Bulls
Seattle Supersonics

Special thanks to the Los Angeles Times, ESPN.com, and the Indianapolis Star

NYKnicks15

Starter
TODAY IN NBA
Sorry Pacific, Stanford, Texas and Minnesota were one spot better then ...thats right boys and girls welcome to seed numbero 7

TrAnSaCtIoNs
It's said, it's proven, "Transactions" speak louder than words...SOOO here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA.

pistons_logo2.gif
1.Activated Forward Carlos Delfino.The 6-6 Forward was originally selected in the 2003 draft but never signed until this season. (European thing). Anyway he averages 5.2 PPG in 15.3 MPG. 2.Placed Forward Darvin Ham on the IL.Not a big loss putting him on the IL. He averages a .8 PPG and .8 RPG in 6.1 MPG. Thats almost a single-single haha. He's previously played for Denver, Indiana, Washington, Milwaukee and Atlanta.

nets_logo.gif
1.Activated G Billy Thomas. Recently signed for the rest of the season with the Nets. Congrats on that. He averages a 5.1 PPG in 18.3 MPG for them. 2.Placed G Ron Mercer on the IL.A pretty decent blow to the Nets roster, Mercer one of their good back up/sometimes starting players averages 7.6 PPG. Kind of weird they dont give him a lot of time to play the SG since RJs out for the season, he averages big numbers when given big minutes...oh well its the Nets. Who cares?

blazers_logo.gif
1.Signed guard Maurice Baker to a 10-day contract. Another guy im glad for. I like seeing NBDL/CBA unknown players get a chance to get some recognition and some money. Would give his stats but in the NBA he only averages .5 APG and 4 MPG...thats all. Heres to you getting more minutes! 2.Placed guard Nick Van Exel on the injured list.Well the disgruntled Guard (and has every right to be) doesnt want to play for Portland and now he doesnt have to. Most likely hell retire or sign elsewhere next year as a free agent or could be traded aswell Heres to leaving Portland!

mavericks_logo.gif
1.Activated center Pavel Podkolzin.WHO? Exactly. This 7-5 Center hasnt played a single game in the NBA yet. Good luck? 2.Placed guard Jerry Stackhouse on the injured list.Big blow to the Dallas org. They do have backups but Dirk and Dampier are also hurt at the moment. Stackhouse was just starting to get a starting position (rightfully deserved) he averages PPG 15.6 RPG 3.60 APG 2.2. Came over in the Jamison deal and as of now its worked out for both.

RuMoRs
Welcome to "Harold and Rumor goes to Media Hassle....ANYWAY lets get to the part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 5.

knicks_logo.gif
#5. CANIDATE MCMILLAN:::GETTING DESPERATE OR JUST STIRRING THE POT??Sonics coach Nate McMillan had his number retired as a player in Seattle. He has led the Seattle resurgence this season in his fifth season as coach. And yet he is working on the last year of his contract, his relationship with management a source of concern. Isiah Thomas went out of his way to rave about McMillan last week, leading to speculation he'll be a Knick coaching candidate this summer if the Sonics don't take him back. If Seattle exits in the first round, McMillan's departure will be likely. Asked if it will be tough to leave his deep Seattle roots, McMillan said, "I'll be OK. I'll always be a part of Seattle. Just like I left North Carolina 20 years ago, it's still my home. A change of address, it could happen. I'm well aware of that." As far his relationship with Thomas, McMillan said, "We played against each other. We've talked on a few occasions when he was in coaching. I have a great deal of respect for what he's done as a coach and GM." ...Well I guess the coaches Isiah will look at are Larry Brown, Phil Jackson, Flip Saunders, Mo Cheeks and now Nate McMillan...Well is Isiah just trying to generate rumors or interest etc etc? They do share the same agent. It looks like Isiah well more the media is naming names and names and names out there...whos the closest to becoming the Knicks coach? Fans/Media/Owners want Jackson....I want...actually it doesnt matter because well just spend millions on getting Jackson, the end.

pistons_logo2.gif
#4. LARRY'S AWAY:::WHAT IT COULD LOOK LIKE NEXT SEASON??The Pistons will be without coach Larry Brown for the indefinite future. Brown announced after Sunday's 64-62 victory over Utah that he is going in for surgery today. "It's related to my hip, but it's been a while coming and I don't know when I'll be back," Brown said. "Hopefully it'll be sooner than later." The news stunned his players. The Pistons went 2-4 without Brown in November when he underwent hip surgery after coaching the season opener. Brown's absence "is definitely a big blow," Richard Hamilton said, "because he means so much to our team. But, we're a veteran team and we know what we want to accomplish and we understand what he wants, so I think it will be easy for us now." Brown wouldn't speculate on whether his return would be a matter of days or weeks. Gar Heard is expected to take the lead in Brown's absence beginning tonight in Atlanta. "We played without Coach Brown before," Ben Wallace said. "He is one of the leaders on this team, but everybody has been here long enough now to know what it takes to win, so we just have to continue to go out and do those things regardless of who is here or who is not here."....No Coach Brown on the sidelines? The look of the Pistons next season? Quite possibly. If he does want to get out of his contract would some team be willing to give up a first rounder for him? Aslong as its not the Knicks im fine with it...Dont get me wrong he's a great coach but ive said it from the beginning. He's getting old, already talking about retirement...do we really want to give up a first rounder for a coach who will leave us in 2 years or so? Not me. There's many more options out there....Do wish the best of health to Coach Larry Brown though. Good Health.

nets_logo.gif
#3.SHOPPING IN THE GARDEN STATE:::THORN IN OPPOSITIONS SIDE OR IDIOT?? Expect Nets president Rod Thorn to have a busy summer. Thorn admitted he plans on being very active in seeking to fortify the Nets. He will look to strengthen the bench, for starters. "[Recently], we haven't gotten enough off the bench," Thorn said. "We've played well enough in first halves to hang in there and then we just don't have enough to match it. . . . We definitely need another big guy. . . . And we need another mid-sized guy."....You know I never though much of Rod Thorn but ill let you jump to your own conclusions here...he traded away Kenyon Martin, Kerry Kittles for basically nothing in return...3 first rounders, and 1 second rounder...but he did get Vince Carter right? yea for his two of his biggest players and a good bench one aswell oh plus two of those Kenyon first round picks...he waived Dikembe Mutumbo, at one point whos contract was/is huge (their stilling paying for it literally), who he traded Keith Van Horn to get, he never resigned Rodney Rogers, gave Kyle Korver away on draft day for cash...in defense (to be fair) he did get Kidd via trade for Marbury...and he did get Jefferson via trade for Eddie Griffin....now why am I ragging on him though? I hate NJ BUT he must be the John Madden of GM's...."we need another big guy, we need another mid-sized guy" spoken like a true genius Captain Obvious...Since they gave Jefferson a contract extension (not sure on details) but im sure his shopping money (originally 14 mill) will be cut to a minimum...

joe_johnson.jpg
#2. JJOHNSON ON THE MARKET:::pHO? DEN??Phoenix Suns guard Joe Johnson said he would visit the Nuggets this summer if they were interested in him. The 6-foot-7, 230-pounder, who is making $2.4 million this season, will be a restricted free agent this summer. That would allow the Suns 15 days to match any offer sheet he signs. Johnson entered Sunday's game at Denver averaging 16.4 points and shooting 45.9 percent from 3-point range. Denver is expected to look for a shooting guard this summer. "When the season is over with, I'm going to be open to see what's out there," Johnson said. "I would love to stay, but it's not set in stone. It's a business. I'm just trying to do what is best for me." Although it's uncertain what next season's salary cap will be, the Nuggets are projected to be over it and limited to being able to offer a mid-level exception at best. The mid-level exception this season was $4.9 million. Johnson will be among a solid group of free-agent shooting guards that includes Seattle's Ray Allen, Milwaukee's Michael Redd and Washington's Larry Hughes. The Nuggets could try to acquire Johnson in a sign-and-trade deal. Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni, however, said he expects Johnson to be back. "He's a big part of our organization," D'Antoni said. "He's a great guy. We're going to try to do everything we can so he won't go away. We can do everything (because of his restricted status). If we do everything, he isn't going anywhere."....He'll probably stay in Pheonix, and honestly thats the right thing for him. He's young, he'll get paid, he'll start and he gets to play with an incredible (WINNING) team. SHOULD STAY IN PHEONIX

ray_allen.jpg
#1.SHUTTLESWORTH ON THE MARKET:::SEA?LAC?...NYK??The negotiations about a contract extension for Ray Allen over the past few weeks can be summed up in one word: silence. Before yesterday's game in New York, Allen said his agent, Lon Babby, hadn't had any discussions with Sonics general manager Rick Sund since the All-Star Game in late February. Allen also said it had been more than a week since he had spoken to Babby.All that silence adds up to an impasse that makes it highly unlikely Allen will sign an extension before the season ends, though saying that talks have broken off might be an overly drastic characterization."We're always open to talking," Allen said.The maximum extension Allen can receive is for five years at around $97 million, though Allen has never said he's holding out for top dollar and would sign for less. The Sonics' current offer is believed to be five years totaling more than $70 million and there is no indication the Sonics will improve it before the season ends. One reason is the fear of unsettling the other free-agents-to-be on the roster, who might be concerned that there might not be enough of the payroll pie left to go around.If Allen is not signed to an extension during the season, that doesn't mean he is certain to be a free agent. The team can still negotiate with him before other teams can begin contacting free agents, which is in July.If Allen becomes a free agent, he will be unrestricted and free to sign with any team. Teams can begin contacting other teams' free agents beginning July 1 provided there is a new collective-bargaining agreement.Under the current rules, if Allen becomes a free agent he would be free to sign with any team for a maximum of six years and re-sign with the Sonics for a maximum of seven years. Right now, he is limited to a five-year extension with Seattle....Allen continued his free-agent recruitment tour Sunday in New York, where the rumors were the Knicks would try a postseason sign-and-trade of Jamal Crawford and Kurt Thomas for Allen. The Clippers supposedly would do Maggette and Chris Wilcox.....First question who would the Sonics take the Knicks or Clippers offer?....Second would you want to give up Kurt Thomas and Jamal Crawford for Allen (turning 30) and a huge new contract?...I thought our new motto was build towards to future, not get that quick fix...if Isiah uses Jamal and Kurt in this trade...hes definitely contradicting himself...Like I said before I hope Ray stays in Seattle. Its just a matter of how much theyre willing to give up AND how short of time it will take Jesus Shuttlesworth to realize a good team and a chance at a ring is more important than a MAX contract...SHOULD STAY IN SEATTLE

ThE sCoReBoArD
Lakers
Wizards

Celtics
Bobcats

Pistons
Hawks

Bucks
Heat

Blazers
Grizzlies

Hornets
Spurs

Rockets
Warriors

Special thanks to the Seattle Post Intelligencer, Chicago Tribune, Denver Post, Detroit Free Press, and the New York Post...and of course NBA.com

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
wow, a posibility of ray allen coming here.... now that is the first i've heard of that rumor.. man im glad you dig these up because i could never find them, thanks

NYKnicks15

Starter
TODAY IN NBA
I got to feed my children man, I got to feed my children....so ladies and gentlemen here comes number 8...haha i thought that was funny...alright sadly I have to make this quick and undetailed because I have a script to finish..running late....so HERE WE GO.

TrAnSaCtIoNs
Transactions, Transactions read all about 'em..SOOO here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA.

mavericks_logo.gif
1.Activated guard Tony Delk. 2.Placed center Michael Stewart on the injured list.

blazers_logo.gif
1.Activated guard Derek Anderson. 2.Placed forward Zach Randolph on the injured list.

grizzlies_logo.gif
1.Activated guard Dahntay Jones. 2.Placed guard Andre Emmett on the injured list.

timberwolves_logo.gif
1.Activated forward Eddie Griffin 2.Placed center Ervin Johnson on the injured list.

kings_logo.gif
1.Activated forward Erik Daniels. 2.Placed center Brad Miller on the injured list.

RuMoRs
Like tomorrows courtroom at the Congressional hearings, this is also filled with big people and even bigger rumors ANYWAY lets get to the part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 5.

michael_jordan.jpg

#5.ANOTHER JORDAN IN THE MAKING::OVER HYPED??Michael Jordan's son, Marcus Jordan, has been described as the best eighth-grade basketball player in the state of Illinois. We can't tell you much about the seventh-grade and sixth-grade crop of basketball players in Illinois, but there must be a Web site somewhere tracking these middle school magicians. But apparently, the 6-foot 2-inch Marcus Jordan appears to be a high-level prospect

phil_jackson.jpg
#4. AGENT SHAQ:::NYK SAY NO TO PHIL??The market for Phil Jackson has been set - according to his new agent, Shaquille O'Neal, anyway. Joking with the New York media contingent last night at Madison Square Garden, O'Neal said his former coach would need a five-year contract that includes the general manager's title."If he goes back [to Los Angeles], we're not taking less than $20 million," O'Neal said, tongue in cheek.What about the Knicks? "Ten, 12."Dropping the charade, O'Neal offered his take on a recent Jackson interview about the Lakers' job, saying, "It didn't look like he wanted to come back. You have to realize that he's a smart individual and he knows what he's doing."Asked if Jackson feels any sentimental pull to coach the Knicks because he played for them, O'Neal said, "I'm not sure. But I'd like to see Herb Williams get a shot, a full year ... I just think he should get a shot rather than always trying to hire the superstar coach. The Knicks started off kind of slow, and he's brought them back to where they are now. You want to see good people get the job."Told he could help Williams by tanking the Heat's two games against the Knicks this week, Shaq said, "No way, no way."

allan_houston.jpg
#3.EARTH TO HOUSTON:::BACK BEFORE END OF SEASON??Allan Houston says he is making progress in his latest rehabilitation stint and remains optimistic that he will play again this season. "I believe so," Houston said yesterday. "I'm just making my progress. I can't tell you that next week this will happen, or that the following week this will happen. All I can tell you is it definitely has made a lot of progress." Houston missed his 24th straight game and 42nd overall due to soreness in his arthritic left knee. He hasn't appeared in a game or a practice since Jan. 19. "I feel that between now and the end of the season, I'll be ready to play," Houston said. "That's all I can tell you. The way it feels and the way it's gone, that's just all I can tell you. Without driving myself crazy with too many details, I just have a feeling that I will because it's getting better and the way I feel it's moving during my exercises."...Allan Houston said yesterday that he and the Knicks' medical staff didn't take his arthritic knee condition seriously enough earlier this season, had the wrong approach to treating it and forced a premature return in December.Houston said a new set of "measuring sticks" are in place, as is a revised rehab program that's concentrating on several parts of his leg, not just his knee. Houston, who has played in 20 of the 62 games this season, indicated the new plan of attack may compromise his chances of returning this season since the "standards" are higher. "Realizing what I'm doing now and the progress I had and have to make, there's no way I should have been out there," Houston said of his December comeback. Since, Houston said, "The whole staff sat down, talked about it and went to good people. We didn't evaluate it in that much depth the first time. We didn't say we have to look at this thing seriously. Now that we did, we all see where we have to go." Houston, once emphatic he'd return, was now not quite as sure. Indeed, with five weeks left to the season, Houston is running out of time. However, he said he's willing to return, even if it means playing only the final week. "I feel between now and the end of the season I'll be ready to play," Houston said. "I just have a feel I will because it's getting better."

udonis_haslem.jpg
#2. UHAS ON THE MARKET:::MIA? ATL? CLE???Atlanta and Cleveland will be among teams with substantial cap space that are expected to pursue Heat restricted free agent Udonis Haslem this summer. Miami can offer a contract starting at no more than $5 million, and hopes that will be enough. Haslem, incidentally, is holding his own statistically against seven other power forwards who have started alongside Shaquille O'Neal (Horace Grant, A.C. Green, Dennis Rodman, Robert Horry, Samaki Walker and Travis Knight and the final NBA season of Karl Malone).Entering Tuesday, Haslem's shooting percentage (54.4/fourth in the NBA) topped any Shaq PF partner except Grant, who shot 56.7 percent alongside O'Neal in 1994-95. Haslem's 9.2 rebounds per game rank third among O'Neal's PF partners -- topping Malone's 8.0 average last year -- while his 11.3 scoring average ranked fourth among the eight. And Haslem's numbers -- projected over 48 minutes -- actually increase when Shaq isn't on the floor gobbling up rebounds.''He's the top no-name power forward I've ever had,'' Shaq said.

ray_allen.jpg
#1.SHUTTLESWORTH ON THE MARKET:::SEA? LAC? NYK?...DA BULLS??Allen is a free agent after this season and has talked openly about leaving Seattle. He's arguably the best shooting guard in the NBA, a position the Bulls need with Ben Gordon being a classic sixth man. It's doubtful the Bulls would have major salary cap room this summer, so it's unlikely they would be a candidate for Allen. Would Allen be interested in the Bulls? "Whatever team I feel is the right situation is where I'll go," Allen said. "Chicago is a great market to play in. I always envied this city being in Milwaukee. The opportunity for players is greater. Tradition is very rich and they're not far from Jordan's era. "But you have to see their direction. You can sign with a team and not know. Look at Jason Kidd in New Jersey. They were going in the direction he wanted and then, boom, they're trading everyone. I wouldn't eliminate Chicago at all."

ThE sCoReBoArD

Special thanks to the New York Daily News, New York Post, Newsday, Miami Herald, Chicago Tribune and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel..and of course NBA.com

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
I really feel that Allan should wait until next season... We dont desperatly need to make the playoffs, and we dont need to rush him back and get him hurt even more. Nothing bad ever cam from resting an injury, sometimes you just have to be patient

NYKnicks15

Starter
WELL alot has happened the past few days with transactions and rumors so i have a lot to write about...tomorrow

i wrote one for today tried posting it and it deleted it saying error. Did it again and it did the same, so i lost the whole edition for today...

so tomorrow i guess ill be back...

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Wow, that sucks that the thing got deleted. When you make such a long post you should copy it.

Anyway, I agree with Peach. Allan shouldn't come back this season. That would kind of screw up the team chemistry and his knee will definetly get worse. He should sit the rest of the season with rehab, have rehab over the off-season and hopefully come back during training camp in the summer.

I can't wait till that jumpshot comes back. If it ever does. :pray:

NYKnicks15

Starter
TODAY IN NBA
Jermaine Jackson+Penny Hardaway have to combine to get this big...thats right FINALLY here comes Number 9

TrAnSaCtIoNs
A lot of catching up to do sooo here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA.

Monday March 21st 2005

bulls_logo.gif
Chicago activates Luol Deng from the injured list and places Jared Reiner on the injured list.

cavaliers_logo.gif
Cleveland dismisses Paul Silas and assistant Stephen Silas and names Brendan Malone interim coach.

spurs_logo.gif
San Antonio places Tim Duncan on the injured list and activates Sean Marks from the injured list.

Saturday March 20th 2005

mavericks_logo.gif
Dallas announces the resignation of head coach Don Nelson; promotes Avery Johnson from assistant coach to head coach.

rockets_logo.gif
Houston waives Andre Barrett.

clippers_logo.gif
L.A. Clippers activate Shaun Livingston from the injured list and place Kenny Anderson on the injured list.

wizards_logo.gif
Washington signs Damone Brown to a 10-day contract.

Friday March 19th 2005

rockets_logo.gif
Houston places Juwan Howard on the injured list and activates Moochie Norris from the injured list.

grizzlies_logo.gif
Memphis activates Bonzi Wells from the injured list and places Dahntay Jones on the injured list.

sonics_logo.gif
Seattle places Vladimir Radmanovic on the injured list and activates Damien Wilkins from the injured list.

wizards_logo.gif
Washington releases Samaki Walker and places Antawn Jamison on the injured list.

Thursday March 18th 2005

magic_logo.gif
Orlando dismisses head coach Johnny Davis and assistant coach Ron Ekker; names Chris Jent interim head coach.

spurs_logo.gif
San Antonio signs Dion Glover to a 10-day contract and places Mike Wilks on the injured list.

Wednesday March 17th 2005

bulls_logo.gif
Chicago activates Jared Reiner from the injured list and places Frank Williams on the injured list.

pacers_logo.gif
Indiana activates John Edwards from the injured list and places David Harrison on the injured list.

hornets_logo.gif
New Orleans activates Jamaal Magloire and David West from the injured list; places Chris Andersen on the injured list.

RuMoRs
Lets get right to the part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 5.

cavaliers_logo.gif
#5.SILAS GONE:::FLIP IN??? The destroy phase is over. The search part is just beginning.The Cavaliers' decision to dismiss head coach Paul Silas has left them in an unenviable position -- a buyer in a seller's market.There are now six NBA coaching vacancies with certainly more on the way. That means the club will be in a scramble to attract the top name that owner Dan Gilbert will want this off-season.According to two high-ranking NBA officials, the Cavaliers' top choice for the job at this point is believed to be Cleveland native Flip Saunders, who was fired earlier this season after 10 mostly successful seasons with the Minnesota Timberwolves.Saunders, who won 411 games with the Timberwolves and led them to seven playoff berths, is under contract with the Timberwolves for one more season at $5 million. He reportedly would like to coach in the NBA this fall.Cavaliers insiders also report that Gilbert has considered making a pitch for Pistons coach Larry Brown if he leaves Detroit after this season as has been widely speculated. But Brown has battled health problems this season and hinted he might retire. His relationship with LeBron James became rocky after last summer's Olympic Games in Athens.Nine-time NBA champion Phil Jackson is surely on the team's radar screen, as he is for all coaching vacancies. He or his agent have expressed his interest in the Lakers, Knicks and Magic vacancies in the past two months.If only to escalate the bidding war for his services, he'll likely consider the Cavaliers job as well. He made an average of $6 million per season while with the Lakers.According to one source close to James, the Cavaliers All-Star would be interested in playing for recently deposed Portland coach Maurice Cheeks. His four-year, $12 million contract with the Trail Blazers will expire at the end of the season.The other top coaching candidates around the league are former Golden State head coach and current Memphis assistant Eric Musselman and current Seattle head coach Nate McMillan.Musselman's name has been linked to the opening in Orlando. McMillan is a coach of the year candidate and a free agent at the end of the season.If the Cavaliers chose to mine the college ranks, Gilbert might look to his alma mater, Michigan State, and its coach, Tom Izzo. Kentucky coach Tubby Smith has also been a prospect in recent years...Flip Saunders, Mo Cheeks, Johnny Davis, Nate McMillan, Phil Jackson and possible Larry Brown all candidates for the teams looking for coaches this offseason...who will go where? New York? Cleveland? Orlando? Portland? Los Angeles?...knowing the NBA though, don't be surprised to see maybe one or two more franchises to add their names to that waiting list...

magic_logo.gif
#4. SMALL MAGIC:::BIGGER GUARD??? I love Jameer Nelson's game and what he's done since his emergence. But there's rumblings within the Magic that they'll look for a bigger starting point guard this offseason. They believe Nelson might be better-suited coming off the bench, which is what he's back to doing now. Keep in mind that Nelson wants to be a starter sometime, somewhere . . . Yeah Ive followed Jameer Nelson from College that ordeal to the #20 picks ordeal with Denver and I have to admit I am a fan of his. As much as Id like him to get playing time it looks like theyll be looking for a bigger point guard in the offseason...but not a bad time to do it for the magic. Nick Van Exel, Damon Stoudamire, Mike James, Tyronn Lue among others will be free agents in the summer...So add a coach to their "top" priorties in the offseason.

bobcats_logo.gif
#3. BOBCATS LOSING GAMES:::BOBCATS NOT LOSING PLAYERS??? Bobcats guard Keith Bogans, who was traded by the Magic to Charlotte for forward Brandon Hunter on Nov. 1, becomes a free agent after the season, He wants to stay with the Bobcats and will ask for a four-year deal."I love it here," Bogans said before the Magic faced the Bobcats. "I'm playing, I'm having fun. I've gotten an opportunity. I don't want to go anywhere."Bogans is averaging 9.2 points for the Bobcats, playing 59 games and starting 28. He played little in the preseason with the Magic after playing 73 games last season as a rookie. "The losing is difficult, but I'm playing and learning the game here," he said.Bogans was helped off the floor in the second quarter after suffering back spasms. He's listed day-to-day. . . . The expansion Bobcats took a 10-game losing streak into the game, but Bogans said, "I've been telling the guys that I played for a team last season that lost 19 straight games. I told them we can get out of it." . . . Bobcats power forward Emeka Okafor, whom the Magic considered taking with their No. 1 draft pick, is the likely frontrunner for rookie of the year. He leads all rookies in scoring (16.4 points) and rebounding (10.6)....this story came only days after Brevin Knight also expressed his willingness to stay in Charlotte aswell, good sign that players understand the opportunity and future of this team instead of running for bigger bucks (if there are those offers) elsewhere...im sure the starts and minuteh help aswell...I said this before, im really looking forward to the moves and future of this expansion team. Charlotte loves basketball, its a nice city and even when the Hornets were here the crowd was packed. So there is opportunity to make money there. With Emeka Okafor at the helm and large sums of free salary space coming, aswell as good draft picks expect this team to pick up sooner rather than later....thats if Bickerstaff makes the right choices...

hp_nbdl_logo.gif
#2. EXPANSION TIME:::NBA MINOR LEAGUE IN PLACE??? The NBDL's lineup will be bigger next season. Commissioner David Stern will announce today the NBA's plans to expand its four-year-old minor league by adding four new franchises for the 2005-06 season. Clubs in Albuquerque, N.M.; Tulsa, Okla.; and the Texas cities of Austin and Fort Worth will comprise what will become the NBDL's West Division. The NBDL, which began with eight Southeastern U.S.-based teams in 2001, is operating this season with six clubs. Included are five of the original eight franchises, located in Roanoke, Fayetteville, N.C., Asheville, N.C., Columbus, Ga., and Huntsville, Ala. The sixth team, located in Fort Myers, Fla., was moved from Charleston, S.C., before the start of the this season. Two of the original eight cities - Mobile, Ala., and Greenville, S.C. - lasted only two seasons before folding because of poor attendance. The new Western franchises will be owned and operated by David Kahn, former general manager of the NBA's Indiana Pacers. New Mexico Business Weekly reported last week that all that was holding up the deal in Albuquerque was finalizing an arena lease agreement. Except for the privately-owned Florida franchise, all of the current NBDL clubs are financed and operated by the NBA. NBDL President Phil Evans has said his league could eventually expand to as many as 15 teams, with each franchise serving two NBA teams as a minor-league feeder. While there has been no official announcement yet on next season's status of the five current NBA-owned clubs, Roanoke president/general manager Dennis Robarge said he fully expects the Dazzle to return for a fifth year. "We haven't heard anything that would indicate otherwise," Robarge said. "The NBA is really committed to making this thing work." Entering Sunday's game with Fayetteville, the Dazzle had averaged 1,867 fans per game for 18 home dates. The club has drawn 8,147 for its past two Saturday dates.....this makes me very happy as I have been waiting/supporting this for a while. Not yet a minor league, because no team is affiliated with any certain NBDL team but its a step in the right direction. This expansion will help undrafted or un-nba players get noticed and help support their families (in a logical way, not talking about Spreewell here)...Congradulations guys! and I hope it expands even further some day...

stromile_swift.jpg
#1.GRIZZLIES TAMED:::MEMPHIS NEEDS A SWIFT KICK??? In trying to figure out which was more embarrassing -- Swift missing his 13th game last Sunday because of a moderately sprained left ankle or sitting in a uniform not prepared to play -- one had to wonder what really is on the fifth-year forward's mind. Pau Gasol rushed back from a stress reaction in his left foot. Shane Battier played two games with a 101-degree temperature that should have rendered him bedridden. Jason Williams rolled his ankle and performed after two games. Earl Watson has a busted left hand, a tender shoulder and would have missing teeth if not for cosmetic surgery. Yet the 6-1 reserve guard is, yep, playing. So where is Stromile Swift? He's back, all right. He's back to being the butt of a joke heard during the Grizzlies' inaugural season in Memphis. Whenever the team bus hit a bump in the road and players were slightly discharged from their seats, a teammate would sarcastically check on Swift. The remarks would go something like this: Somebody check on Stro. He may have separated his shoulder. Right now it appears Swift's view on his future is separated from reality. Sure, he played well when Gasol first went down because of an injury. Sure, Swift can jump to Pluto if he wants, and he operates as the team's only legitimate shot-blocker. But those credits he earned with fine performances before the Feb. 16 ankle injury at Boston have been spent on unexcused time off. Swift has been cleared by doctors to play for more than two weeks. He can play. He should play.He needs to play. This is a guy fighting for a contract beyond this season, and he has shown no recuperative powers and little professional pride. For a team battling for a playoff berth, the Grizzlies are right to plan on excelling without Swift. "I have never questioned a player in 14 years," Griz coach Mike Fratello said. "There's got to be a trust in all of us. If they say they can't go, then they can't go." Something funny happened during Lorenzen Wright's exit from practice last week. Wright, a sturdy veteran, repeatedly asked Swift if he would play the next night against New Orleans. Swift ignored the ribbing. Repeatedly. When asked about needing to prove that he can play through pain, Swift downplayed the situation. "I don't think it's a factor because the whole year I've played through injury and didn't talk about it. Everybody plays through injuries," Swift said, responding to a notion that he needs to dispel a career-long notion that he's fragile. Swift has also talked about not getting enough "lift" to deliver the aerial assault he's accustomed to. Still, one has to wonder if Swift's ankle is all that's weak. Could he be receiving bad advice from representatives? Swift never budged from a six-year, $60 million proposal to the Griz last summer. The Grizzlies' counter was to pay him an average of $8 million per season if he met incentives. The two parties could have met at a reasonable six-year deal worth $42 million to $45 million.Now Swift is making the Grizzlies' sticking point seem like Krazy Glue. How can you invest so much guaranteed money in a guy who has played in no more than 67 games during three of four seasons in Memphis? What is Swift made of? Potential. But who knows beyond that?....all I hear is blah blah blah. WHY? because no matter if he plays the rest of the season, he cant sit the playoffs...he'll still get a big contract from a lot of teams. Hes a good player and hes a good F sometimes Center. He can run the court and hes athletic combined with power. Atlanta or New Orleans...maybe Charlotte? Sound like potential suitors to me...

ThE sCoReBoArD
DET @ CLE
IND @ NJN
PHO @ ATL
WAS @ DEN
LAL @ UTA
MIA @ HOU
POR @ SAC
MIL @ SEA

tRiViA tImE
Alright heres a new part where Ill ask a trivia question one day, answer it the following and post a new question along with the answer. For the first question Ill start off rather easy, here we go...

1. What two players have wore the number 15 for the New York Knicks, and have the distinct honor of having their jerseys retired and hung over Madison Square Garden???

Special thanks to the ESPN.com, NBA.com, Akron Beacon Journal, Roanoke Times, Orlando Sentinel, and the Memphis Commercial Appeal.