6th man of the year & rookie of the year: BEN GORDON

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
thats just more proof that nykfanpage is the most negative sight in the world... at the end of that thread they have a list of everyone on the team and explains something wrong about them... JESUS!!! chill out, just have fun with the team we have, and whatever moves are made have fun with those too!! i hate those guys

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Hahah, I remember the days of nykfanpage. I hate that site so much now, if you look at all knicksrule456 (thats me) posts I say such stupid and I got temperoraly banned. That site is so putrid.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
theres no point in even messing with them, i just let them bask in their own filth... they're not even fans, they just sit there watching us lose and crapping all over the Knicks.. ive never heard something like "great game, we really showed heart", its all stuff like "that game sucked. the spurs were without Duncan, we should have won by 30"

vince

Rookie
Chicago 102, Charlotte 99

gordon: 23 MN 35 PTS FG 11-17 3PT 6-8 FT 7-8 5 AST 3 RBD 2 STL

AND 22 PTS in the 4th quarter
You said "I dont think its a matter of what someone does only in one quarter". But man, the 4th quarter is the crunch time. That's the money time. Hoow can you say that the 4th is not important. Gordon won a lot of games in the 4th and that's the sign of great players.

okafor: 36 MN 17 PTS FG 6-16 FT 5-6 1 AST 10 RBD 4 BLCK

Now, some quotes:

"Ben Gordon certainly is playing like a Rookie of the Year candidate."

"It's real simple," Charlotte coach Bernie Bickerstaff said. "That was about a good a performance as I've ever seen in a critical time in a basketball game, from not only a rookie but from anybody that I've ever been around.

"It didn't matter. We had a lot of hands on him. He was falling away; he was slipping and getting up. That is what he's been doing all year. He took over the basketball game."

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
it was still a pretty amazing turnaround though... nobody was expecting them to do anything, and everyone was writing them off... just goes to show you can turn things around when you have 70 games left..it has to be done early not late in the season

NYKnicks15

Starter
100% agree...as Gordons boost in the 4th does help...it no where amounts to the development of the big men (Curry/Chandler). They got the feel for the game now and good thing is they are still young. Hinrich just puts the piece together. Even though hes somewhat forced to play the SG he holds that team togethere and runs the floor...just like Ridnour who doesnt get much credit.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yea ridnour is really underrated in his shooting ability... he can really make shots, and drive.. but no one really notices.. the sonics as a whole, arent recognized as much as they should be

gknick11

Benchwarmer
In my opinion, as well as Gordon has been playing lately, and he's been playing really well, I think Emeka deserves the Roik award for what he's doing considering the team that's around him. He's one of only, what, 11 players averaging a double-double? I really like Ben, but I think Emeka deserves it. And as far as 6th man, you gotta throw Donyell Marshall in there, also. When he gets over 23 minutes a game, he's putting up really good numbers. 12 threes in a game?! Ridiculous! Even though he kinda started late, like Gordon, he's putting up some pretty good numbers. There's no way Toronto would be as good as they are now if it weren't for Donyell. The Bulls would still be in the playoffs if Gordon wasn't there. But there's no way that Toronto would even be a 1/2 game ahead of us if Donyell wasn't their 6th man. Just watch next year.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Ben Gordon has won the 6th Man Award for 2005.

Emeka Okafor is slated to win the Rookie of the Year Award this Wednesday

vince

Rookie
ok that's one for my man gordon :afro: Now let's move on to the ROY award :afro: 41 % of the fans voted for him as the rookie of the year on nba.com.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Like i said Emeka Okafor is slated to win the Rookie of the Year Award Wednesday lol...

My two picks

Ben Gordon for 6th man of the year
Emeka Okafor for Rookie of the year

....are correct...congrads to both young players!!! :winner: