Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6th man of the year & rookie of the year: BEN GORDON

Veteran

yea but dont you believe individual status involves that? Whos the overall best player. Whos most contributing to their team. Whos better at their position etc etc

Your saying Ben Gordon is more important to the Bulls then Okafor is to the Bobcats???

Superstar

not at all. i see ur point - unless u involve the number of wins okafor wins either way

It's not difficult for okafor to be important to the bobcats...... They are an awful team. Furthermore It's easy to say that the bulls are a good team now but what did you think at the beginning of the season ? And we don't care if ben only averages 2 assists in 23 MPG (he's a shooting guard not a PG) because he wins games with terrific 4th quarters. "How are you going to say hes a great guard, or dominant at his position and he has only 1.8 Assists per game?!? " Don't know why but you seems to dislike ben.

Veteran

no I dont dislike Ben Gordon and I dont necessarily like Emeka Okafor...I must have been mistaken, I thought this thread was to debate who deserves the Rookie of the year and 6th Man award...

Ben actually is a PG. He played PG in College. He was billed a PG in the draft. and he plays more of a substitute for Duhon who starts at PG then for Hinrich who plays the SG. So assists should be a factor.

Sorry whos we? are you on the voting committee? I dont think its a matter of what someone does only in one quarter. If that was the case Stephon Marbury would be the worst player ever on some nights as he doesnt score any in a quarter..Its a matter of what someone does through out the game.

Yes Gordon is a great boost of the bench and hes just that. If hes the best rookie on the team then why isnt he starting over Chris Duhon? Makes no sense to me. Actually I do remember the first three games of the season, Gordon started all those...I believe they lost them all and Gordon got pulled out early due to lack of good play.

At the beginning of the Bulls season I was disappointed. They had a chance of being a good team and blew it. They just finally kicked into their potential after that. Whats that have to do with it though?

Yes the Bobcats are an awful team. And no Gordon is not a starter...so I guess we can only go by the facts. its not a what if, Gordon started all games, or had more minutes, or was on a worse team...its what we actually see and what they do with what they have..and by all means both players do a great job of it...but i still think it goes to Emeka Okafor..

Default Read

All thought I hate Nykfanpage.com I thought this was a little interesting.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

thats just more proof that nykfanpage is the most negative sight in the world... at the end of that thread they have a list of everyone on the team and explains something wrong about them... JESUS!!! chill out, just have fun with the team we have, and whatever moves are made have fun with those too!! i hate those guys

Superstar

Hahah, I remember the days of nykfanpage. I hate that site so much now, if you look at all knicksrule456 (thats me) posts I say such stupid and I got temperoraly banned. That site is so putrid.

theres no point in even messing with them, i just let them bask in their own filth... they're not even fans, they just sit there watching us lose and crapping all over the Knicks.. ive never heard something like "great game, we really showed heart", its all stuff like "that game sucked. the spurs were without Duncan, we should have won by 30"

Chicago 102, Charlotte 99

gordon: 23 MN 35 PTS FG 11-17 3PT 6-8 FT 7-8 5 AST 3 RBD 2 STL

AND 22 PTS in the 4th quarter
    You said "I dont think its a matter of what someone does only in one quarter". But man, the 4th quarter is the crunch time. That's the money time. Hoow can you say that the 4th is not important. Gordon won a lot of games in the 4th and that's the sign of great players.

okafor: 36 MN 17 PTS FG 6-16 FT 5-6 1 AST 10 RBD 4 BLCK

Now, some quotes:

"Ben Gordon certainly is playing like a Rookie of the Year candidate."

"It's real simple," Charlotte coach Bernie Bickerstaff said. "That was about a good a performance as I've ever seen in a critical time in a basketball game, from not only a rookie but from anybody that I've ever been around.

"It didn't matter. We had a lot of hands on him. He was falling away; he was slipping and getting up. That is what he's been doing all year. He took over the basketball game."

Superstar

Yah, Ben Gordan is a great player but you can't base it on one game. Emeka is averaging a double-double and shouild win the award.

that would be so sweet if ariza won it... i owuld just laugh in everyone's faces

although i think okafor is gunna win rookie of the year, i think the bulls turnaround in mid-season has a lot to do with gordon

Superstar

The bulls turnaround was more in the early part of the season. After they started out 0-9.

it was still a pretty amazing turnaround though... nobody was expecting them to do anything, and everyone was writing them off... just goes to show you can turn things around when you have 70 games left..it has to be done early not late in the season

Superstar

i think its hinrich and consistent play from their big men