GAME THREAD: NYK vs. WAS: 3/8/05: 7:30

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

kolnyk36fg.gif
@
kolwas24ce.gif

NEW YORK KNICKS (26-34) @ WASHINGTON WIZARDS (33-26)

stephon_marbury.jpg
vs
gilbert_arenas.jpg
STEPHON MARBURY vs. GILBERT ARENAS
jamal_crawford.jpg
vs
larry_hughes.jpg
JAMAL CRAWFORD vs. LARRY HUGHES
tim_thomas.jpg
vs
jared_jeffries.jpg
TIM THOMAS vs. JARED JEFFRIES
mike_sweetney.jpg
vs
kwame_brown.jpg
MIKE SWEETNEY vs. KWAME BROWN
kurt_thomas.jpg
vs
brendan_haywood.jpg
KURT THOMAS vs. BRENDAN HAYWOOD

Knicks Team Stats[align=right:ea04cf2d6e]TV: MSG, NBALP[/align:ea04cf2d6e]
Wizards Team Stats[align=right:ea04cf2d6e]RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am[/align:ea04cf2d6e]
Standings

NYKnicks15

Starter
Sorry guys about the :spam: but everyone check out "Today in NBA" with NYKnicks 15...yea thats me. For a quick fix of your daily transactions, rumors and scores read the daily post. Mondays-Fridays! Thanks!!! :)

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Good thing Antawn won't play tonight...less 20pts and size....hopefully we can stay consistent and pull this one out.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i wont change the starting lineup's until i knoe certainly who will play instead of Antwan Jamison, because I dont know, someone please help me out! i've looked on washington message boards and they dont even know... w/e, looks like TT is going to have a nice matchup tonight

Trin_Starr

Starter
The knicks need to stay focused. They might think tonight's game will be a walkover with Jamison's 20pts and 8 rebs out tonight - but that kind of mentality is what comes back and bites them in the a$$.

They need to box out Haywood or draw some fouls on him so he has to sit out - last time, he killed us!

na knicks changed with herbs attitude idk what happen in orl but 2 night they gon make some noice and jam not bieng in big plus but hes on my fan team =(

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Exactly, the Knicks have to not play down to the competition.

Peach- As for the Starting Lineup Jarred Jeffries will get the start but he is a game-time decision. If he doesn't play then Larin Profit will start at SF.

Also, Etan Thomas and Jarvis Hayes will not play.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
tt has a nice matchup every night, he just usually doesnt take advantage of it. he should post up more i think. most of the guys that defend him are shorter and weaker than him. he should use his size more and just back the defender down and get close to the basket and then try to make a move.

looking at his fg%, its not bad...and he leads the team in 3 pt %. i wonder how he would do if he was the FEATURED guy on offense, and HE took the most shots and there were more plays for him. he seems to have regained some of his confidence that had dissappeared at the beginning of the season. crawford should play the 1, and be the last resort to just chuck up a wild shot if time is running out on the shot clock. tim thomas should get more plays to work in the low post area and see what he can do early in the possession (15-24), give marbruy some time to rest and not have to use up too much energy (also give him relief from point guard duties), then marbury should get a chance to do something with 8-15 seconds left, then crawford. crawford is the best bad shot shooter on the team, so he might be able to do smoething even with little time. tim thomas i think is actually the best easy shot shooter (based on his 3 point field goal percentage and the fact that he usually has a mismatch on offense).

so basically, tim looks for his shot first, see if he can get an easy one or make something happen in the post or anything else if theres a mismatch, marbury should then get a chance to drive and break down the defense, and then crawford can just chuck up a lst second 3 if all else fails.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
am i just paranoid or has anybody noticed that other teams players are more prone to taking the night off (claiming a small injury, whether its true or not) whenever they play the knicks? its as if they think that even without their star player they still have a chacne to beat the knicks. im just hinking back to when lebron missed that game against the knicks (i was looking forward to seeing him play). yeah, these players might have legitimate injuries, but it just seems like the guys are more willing to take that night off when they play a crappy team like the knicks. it shows how little respect the knicks have around the league.

we need to get more "bruiser", physical type guys, more intense personalities, like a s. swift, curry, etc. guys like barkley and l. johnson, they were so intense, they never let u get away with anything and would never back down. they probably left their opposition very sore after the game. our team is so soft.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i've said this before for other plays, but if that isnt number 1 on sportscenter top 10, i am not watching ESPN anymore

Blumatic

Rotation player
Good game. I am satisfied. I was disapointed with the early 3rd quater efforts because they weren't going to what was working for them all game. The post. When the post is established early and often it make sthe team so much better. But great defense in the 4th quarter. Now the Sonics are coming and lets see what we are really made of. This is a statement game.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
Peach_NYK_21 said:
i've said this before for other plays, but if that isnt number 1 on sportscenter top 10, i am not watching ESPN anymore

they made it number 2 this morning behind bibby's shot .... one of my friends said it was a travel cuz he hit the ground before a complete release anyone else see it close enough to judge that i wasnt paying attention to his feet

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
not only that, but there was 1.4 seconds on the clock.. sacramento inbounded it, and it was tipped by James Posey.. thusly, starting the clock... however the clock stayed at 1.4, anbd gave Bibby enough time to cath and shoot, the clock should have run out and gone to overtme.... bad call