[Article] Feud May Spell End For Dolan

rady

Administrator
Staff member
New York Post said:
Knicks owner James Dolan was not in his customary baseline seat at the Garden last night. And by tonight, Dolan, in a raging feud with his father Charles, may not be in his customary role as Knicks owner.
The future of James Dolan's role in Cablevision and whether the corporation will sell the Knicks and Rangers is expected to be hashed out today in Palm Beach, Fla., during a big board of directors meeting.

A Garden spokesman would not comment last night on the agenda for the meeting or whether the Knicks will be put on the block by Cablevision.

Crain's New York Business reported on its website last night that Jets owner Woody Johnson and former Yes Network honcho Leo Hindery might be interested in purchasing the Knicks if Cablevision puts them up for sale. Johnson and Dolan have warred over the West Side Stadium proposal.

The chaos at Cablevision didn't stop Dolan from taking on $30 million more in future payroll Feb. 24 at the trading deadline in two roundly criticized deals. An impending ownership change could hurt the Knicks' chances in the Phil Jackson Sweepstakes.

Read More

NYKnicks15

Starter
:cry: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I really really hope this doesnt happen. All we need right now is his dad or whoever to step in and take control, bringing in a new GM or a new Coach or not allowing this trade or that trade...i just hope if they do switch it doesnt happen until after the trade deadling next season or 2 seasons from now

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I pray this is true! I blame the Dolans for the current state of ruin the Knicks are currently mired in. Dolan got rid of Spreewell, Overpaid Allan Houston, and has allowed for this debacle. I said it before, he is not a fan. I would welcome the sale of the Knicks to someone else who is a Fan or at least marginally cared about what happened to the Knicks.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
lol. i always say to myself in nba live that im the youngest gm ever, and run the organization officiantly because i'm a big fan.. im not joking here, when i say the team would be much better ran if ran by one of us, or some other big knick fan.. we know how to please everyone!!

Blumatic

Rotation player
I agree with dr. carpy. Dolan has done a bad job as an owner. He is struggling with his own company and is using the Knicks to fatten his pocket. The funny thing is he is doing a bad job at it.

Everyone talks about blaming Isiah for this trade and that trade and what not. With the salary cap the way it is, he actually bulit a good team. Yea they went through a terrible stretch but no one was healthy through that and Tim Thomas finally is playing well. If TT was playing this way we would be seated way of the top of the atlantic.

The reason why we are over the cap and a complete mess and disapointment as a team and organization does not start from the players and it does not start with the GM it starts with the owner setting a culture and demanding rules. I think IT knew this was a mess and probably figured to start all over again. But Dolan is so against a rebuilding process and now we are where we are today. As an executive you have to set a coporate culture and set goals for an organization. If this was any other owner this would not happen. Dolan can easily say to start over and Isiah, who is a good GM can rid the roster of the salaries.

If the Knicks miis the playoffs this year, everyone should go to the NBA lottery and chant "FI-RE DO-LAN, clap clap- clap clap clap, FI-RE DO-LAN clap clap - clap clap clap!!!!"

NYKnicks15

Starter
If we make the lottery (I pray we do :pray: )...I will chant "HI-RE PET-RO, clap clap- clap clap clap, HI-RE PET-RO clap clap - clap clap clap!!!!"

Then "HI-RE ROB-IN-SON, clap clap- clap clap clap, HI-RE ROB-IN-SON clap clap - clap clap clap!!!!"

I wont care who are owner is aslong as they leave Isiah alone and only step in once needed. Owners that are on the sidelines or as douchy as Mr. Quentin Tarantino...oh man I mean Mark Cuban should shut up. If this guy lets the GM and Coach do their jobs I'll be happy...

Please lets all be happy with winning a decent amount of games and not making the playoffs!!! if we make the playoffs we LOSE A FIRST ROUND PICK!!! Making the lottery is better for our future boys...

dr.carpy said:
I pray this is true! I blame the Dolans for the current state of ruin the Knicks are currently mired in. Dolan got rid of Spreewell, Overpaid Allan Houston, and has allowed for this debacle. I said it before, he is not a fan. I would welcome the sale of the Knicks to someone else who is a Fan or at least marginally cared about what happened to the Knicks.

I agree totally. Let's not forget Patrick Ewing, Marv Albert, Dave Checketts and Lenny Wilkens. I don't mind the Lenny thing (although 'Sources' say it was Dolan who wanted Lenny out).

And to Peach_NYK_21, I know exactly how you feel as I to know the game of NBA Live.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
well, dolan is a fan. thats why he overpaid allan houston. if all he cared about was money, then he wouldn't have. he doesn't mind the big payroll and basically gives his gm's the green light to make stupid moves to increase the payroll in hopes that the team will become better. the clippers owner is notoriously cheap and rarely gives players max. contracts and often lets rookies who developed through the clippers system walk after their contract expires because he doesnt want to overpay them. the knicks are the opposite of that, we overpay everyone, not because the gm and the owner arent fans, but becuase they dont know how to run the team.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
the reason we are over the cap is because of the GM's retarded moves. you cant put that blame on dolan.

for example, the omar minaya, the gm of the mets, coud never increase the payroll unless he got the thumbs up from the wilpons. if pedro and beltran turn out to be worse than they are paid, it will be omar's fault to the extent that he didn't evaluate the talent properly, and the owners fault for giving the players that much money.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
I read this article and I was shocked. Anyway, I really hope that Dolan does leave.

Peach- I know, I always feel that I would do a better job as a GM.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
To NYKfan Down Under, how are you in NBA live. How many championships have you won, what is your lineup, and what team are you??