Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GAME THREAD: NYK vs. SEA: 3/13/05: (L-90-80)

These are the new and improved Knicks now, we actually got some sort of DEFENSE....do you believe it? Anyways as a Knicks fan all you can do is hope and believe that it will be a good night instead of a bad one.

another 4 days too prepare for the game i dont know if herb could stretch how important perimiter defense is if we can stop the perimiter game i think we come out with the W at the end. My telling stat for this game is if seattle makes more then 5 threes they win
    less we do

Veteran

yea optimism is good to an extent but sometimes you have to be realistic here...our D is better but still not that great we have lowered the opposing teams shooting percentage from 77 to 71.5% I believe...but thats not the worst part because yes 71 percent is still bad...

how did Miami kill us? Damon Jones with 3's
    how did the Lakers tie us? Kobe, Atkins, Butler and Butler with 3's
    how did the Suns kill us? JJohnson, Nash and Q-Rich with 3's

guys we are horrible against defending the three ball compared to the bad we are defending against everything else...When we do defend we dont get in the face or run after the three ball, the Knicks are usually too far in the paint or beyond the arc to even respond....

now heres a fact...on the top 50 or so 3 points percentage in the league...SF Rashard Lewis, SG Ray Allen and PG Luke Ridnour are on that list thats 3 all on the starting line up and Vladmanovics also on that list and he also starts sometimes on that 4 spot...

if we play defense we have an okay chance and if we defend the three we have a greater one

well the sonics have dropped 3 straight at hmoe, and it will get tougher going on the road, and i know the garden isnt exactly the place to break a streak.. Chicago shut them down to 8-22 from down town, and if we can do the same, we have a great shot at his game.

Jesus Shuttleworth is back!!!

Too bad the "real coney island product" is gonna take over and win this game!!!

tim thomas seems to have a lot of fight in his words, but not in his game. i can think of how he was mad for what seemed to be a very long time about that new jersey playoff incident last year. and then this article about how he got mad over a little thing ray allen said and now he wants to choke him? i like that intensity, but i just wanna see it in the GAME, not when he talks to the media.

Combined, the five teams the Knicks face over the next 13 days (7games) are 52 games over .500 - and that includes Atlanta (11-50) and counts Seattle and Miami only once each.

holy bleep

The knicks are gonna win tonight

I think Lenny calls games now for Seatt,e, so there might be a small reuniun tonight, for one, i felt bad for him, but when things arent going right you have to get mad and intense, and lenny was neither

Superstar

Wow, that play by JYD. That just makes me get chills, such a hustling play and makes me believe they want to win.

Tim Thomas's power dunk was nice also.

so far 50-45 at half time, as i said before the sonics dont look indimedating on paper, and they're not that indimedating in the games either. If we keep up the defensive histle, and if they dont catch fire, i believe we can take this.

Veteran

first off Seattle is pretty itimidating on paper...just because you mite not know everyone on the team by heart or for that matter even heard of them because they are not all "superstars" doesnt mean anything...and they are itimidating to watch...they must be, cmon they are 41-19...someone must be intimidated...

watching this game (at the moment) means nothing because youll get the wrong impression...thats like if you watched the Philly/Knicks games last time and took impression right there and were like "wow New York is the most intimidating team EVER!" you cant judge a team by one game...

were playing there game actually running and gunning, and usually missing...cmon a 33.9FG%...tied game weird

And the Knicks blow the game once again. Wow, this is nothing knew. Herb should have put the starting lineup back in before they got cold. Knicks SUCK!

my telling stat of the game on three pointers was right

Originally Posted by IVERSON's3>Marbury's
    And the Knicks blow the game once again. Wow, this is nothing knew. Herb should have put the starting lineup back in before they got cold. Knicks SUCK!
    Once Seattle gets on a run its almost impossible to stop them... Also, it was a 5 point lead., thats not to hard to BLOW against one of the best teams in the league.