GAME THREAD: NYK vs. SEA: 3/13/05: (L-90-80)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

kolnyk36fg.gif
VS
kolsea23ut.gif

NEW YORK KNICKS (26-35) VS SEATTLE SONICS (42-19)

stephon_marbury.jpg
vs
luke_ridnour.jpg
STEPHON MARBURY vs. LUKE RIDNOUR
jamal_crawford.jpg
vs
ray_allen.jpg
JAMAL CRAWFORD vs. RAY ALLEN
tim_thomas.jpg
vs
rashard_lewis.jpg
TIM THOMAS vs. RASHARD LEWIS
mike_sweetney.jpg
vs
reggie_evans.jpg
MIKE SWEETNEY vs. REGGIE EVANS
kurt_thomas.jpg
vs
jerome_james.jpg
KURT THOMAS vs. JEROME JAMES

Knicks Team Stats[align=right:fa1f3b80f4]TV: MSG, NBALP[/align:fa1f3b80f4]
SuperSonics Team Stats[align=right:fa1f3b80f4]RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am[/align:fa1f3b80f4]
Standings

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
ok thanks, i look at the sonics' record and then their team, and i just dont understand.. How can this team be so damn good??

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
When there hot, they dont miss and Luke Ridinour is a very underrated PG. He controls the court very well, and is averaging 6 assists a game.

NYKnicks15

Starter
your prediction is sarcastic right?

if were doing predictions its probably going to be Sonics 121-Knicks 105...actually who cares predictions are random especially in basketball...lets just say the Knicks are going to lose...

by the way the reason they are good. One yes its Ridnour who gets everyone involved and runs that floor great. Second its just flat out chemistry...just like the Suns, well with the lack of big names from top to bottom. If you remember they were horrible last year....Didnt lose or gain one new player and they gained chemistry..

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
nyknicks15,

yeah i was just playing my part as an optimistic knick fan thinking that they will win every game and pulling a random score out of my ass.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
we'll probably lose this one, but i think it will be close at half time. However seattle will drain tons of 3's.. trust me we will be pissed off by the end of this one.

NYKnicks15

Starter
a knick fan,

okay yea thats what i was thinking but just double checking...but you know Knick Fan, i think its REALLLLLLY possible for not us only to go to the playoffs and lose a first round pick...but to get past the 1st seed Miami. I mean we are playing good ball the past six games and I really think Kurt Thomas can go head to head with Shaq. Not outsize/power him of course but run around and get his 15 footer off over the 7-2 center. I sayyy the Knicks will win the championship this year...OPTIMISM IS FUN :lol:

P.S. I say that now but with 3 draft picks, and the possiblities of getting Curry or Brown in the offseason, Ill be an optimist and project the Knicks will win the Atlantic...ill be a contradicting loser BUT until then...haha

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
hehe - ill join u. ill join the bandwagon that says the knicks will somehow miraculously make the playoffs and somehow get to the championship. that year that they were the 8 seed, they made it to the finals (by beating miami in the first rd). then ill tell everyone that "i always believed that they would win even when others said they wouldnt".

and as a knick fan, thats really all i want. its just that the realistic side of me says that the chances of this happening are way too low, and its probably best for the long run if they dont make the playoffs. but whatever, ill just be like a baby and only care about the short term and be happy with an appearance in the playoffs. who knows, indiana might break down, webber may never fully gel with iverson, and boston isnt that great to begin with. it could happen, i guess.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Seattle is going down on Sunday, they are not going to know what hit them. They are going to unestimate the Knicks.....Herb is gonna give the team a piece of his mind on defense before the game and we are going out there blazing guns....am predicting this to be a close game with the Knicks coming out on top 102 to 99

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
shutting down the sonics to less than 100 points, is a very hard thing to do, and i dont think we're going to, so we'll have to fight fire with fire.. which has been our solution most of the season.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
These are the new and improved Knicks now, we actually got some sort of DEFENSE....do you believe it? Anyways as a Knicks fan all you can do is hope and believe that it will be a good night instead of a bad one.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
another 4 days too prepare for the game i dont know if herb could stretch how important perimiter defense is if we can stop the perimiter game i think we come out with the W at the end. My telling stat for this game is if seattle makes more then 5 threes they win
less we do

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea optimism is good to an extent but sometimes you have to be realistic here...our D is better but still not that great we have lowered the opposing teams shooting percentage from 77 to 71.5% I believe...but thats not the worst part because yes 71 percent is still bad...

how did Miami kill us? Damon Jones with 3's
how did the Lakers tie us? Kobe, Atkins, Butler and Butler with 3's
how did the Suns kill us? JJohnson, Nash and Q-Rich with 3's

guys we are horrible against defending the three ball compared to the bad we are defending against everything else...When we do defend we dont get in the face or run after the three ball, the Knicks are usually too far in the paint or beyond the arc to even respond....

now heres a fact...on the top 50 or so 3 points percentage in the league...SF Rashard Lewis, SG Ray Allen and PG Luke Ridnour are on that list thats 3 all on the starting line up and Vladmanovics also on that list and he also starts sometimes on that 4 spot... :hoops:

if we play defense we have an okay chance and if we defend the three we have a greater one

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
well the sonics have dropped 3 straight at hmoe, and it will get tougher going on the road, and i know the garden isnt exactly the place to break a streak.. Chicago shut them down to 8-22 from down town, and if we can do the same, we have a great shot at his game.