Ariza

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
id love to have him and warrick as our starting 2 and 3 someday (maybe soon). they are both such high energy guys that always seem to be in the middle of a play and making something great happen. they are fun to watch, unlike penny and tiny tim (except during his flashes of brilliance).

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
why not, he's a 6'8 SF. prototypical body for that position. hes a good rebounder, and reminds me a little of shawn marion who at 6'7 gets a ton of rebounds because of his athleticism. he'll score around 4-5 points a game his rookie year just based on his athletic ability (put backs, alley oops, transition, etc.). luol deng is having a pretty nice rookie year. isn't warrick producing more in college than deng did (i know that deng was on a better team at duke so he had less opportunity to score more, but still...syracuse isnt a bad team either, and if you can score 20+ points a game in the big east, you must be at least a pretty decent scorer)?

NYKnicks15

Starter
I love Hakim and frankly i love Syracuse. I think hes an amazing player and even when he doesnt chill under the hoop or above it for that matter he can shoot that 3 ball if given a clear shot and can shoot that 15 footer....but in college he doesnt need to because no way can stop him really in the post....and on that note...id love to see

PF Mike Sweetney
SF Hakim Warrick
SG Trevor Ariza

BUT we have two first rounders, one being are original (which we lose if we make the playoffs) and the other san antonios (pheonixs) so thats going to be late in the draft obviosuly....and say we dont make the playoffs (which i hope we dont)...and we have our two first rounders....Hakim nor a good center will still be there late in the first...so we have to choose, Hakim or a Center unless Isiah can make a trade for one prior to that.....so what would you choose a Center OR Hakim?? I love Hakim but id go for the Center....

By the way rumor is Isiah wants to get Ray Allen next year. Good idea? Heres the catch Kurt Thomas and Jamal Crawford for him in a sign or trade...still good idea? not sure when we could use Kurt in a sign or trade for a Center....but id like to hold on to him for that reason....Ray Allen is great, and i love Jesus Shuttlesworth BUT he wants a max contract...hes always been healthy but another max contract....im scurred

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
yeah i dont think its a great idea to give a 29 year old a max contract. whats going to happen at the end of that contract when he is most likely going to be paid a lot more than hes worth. it'll be another allan houston situation. but, he'd be a definite upgrade over crawford at the 2, and hed be an excelennt replacement as the teams shooter. imagine if houston actually miraculously became healthy again somehow, and we had 2 of the best pure shooters in the nba on one team? we'd light up other teams with non stop 3's.

i dont mind getting rid of kurt, we have enough pf's already, and i dont think we'd be able to get a (good) center out of him in a trade anyway. i think the trade overall is ok, but i'd do it if it was crawford and jyd, or crawford and mo taylor, or crawford and any other big man except sweetney. or maybe isiah can get a draft pick added in (comming to us, not us giving one up) somehow.

if allen agreed to a shorter contract, like maybe 4-5 years at max money, id seriously consider doing it.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
with regard to the draft picks:

assuming we dont make the playoffs and get a 5-10 pick, we can use that first pick for a center.

then, somehow isiah can maybe try to trade up from the late first round to the middle first round by giving up someone in a trade, or cash, or something (and maybe teams will be willing to do it, especailly if they think its a weak draft) and get warrick in the middle of the round with the second first round pick.

starpula

Benchwarmer
Regarding Ray Allen, the new CBA might limit contracts to 5 years. Also, here's a little exerpt form Chad Ford's chat today....

Mike (Ithaca): How deep is this year's draft looking? Are there mid-second rounders with potential to make an NBA roster (e.g., like Trevor Ariza last year)?

Chad Ford: (12:37 PM ET ) It's a deep draft. However, there isn't a lot of star power in the draft. There aren't a lot of sure things or potential superstars, but pick No. 29 could be as solid as pick No. 10 this year. The second round will once again be filled with college seniors that probably should've gotten a longer look in the draft.

And to think everyone was killing Isiah for the Malik trade because we were getting a "garbage" 1st round pick.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
I like this idea, but i dont like how teams may share one team. If there is a great player in the CBA and both teams want him, who decides where he goes?? this is a problem that they must address before this goes through

NYKnicks15

Starter
no i think you mite be confused Peach...i think ur confusing this with the NBDL story i talked about in my "today in NBA" thread.....CBA is the Collective Bargaining Agreement...Hakuna Matata though no worries :)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
NYKnicks15 said:
no i think you mite be confused Peach...i think ur confusing this with the NBDL story i talked about in my "today in NBA" thread.....CBA is the Collective Bargaining Agreement...Hakuna Matata though no worries :)

lol, thanks, i guess your "today in the NBA's" get stuck with me....what's Hakuna Matata??

NYKnicks15

Starter
haha its kool, im glad they get stuck and have atleast one avid reader...ill do them close to every weekday UNLESS its days like today aka a slow news day...

oh its from the lion king haha it means "no worries"...i have a lil sister around here so these things stick with me ha

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
NYKnicks15 said:
oh its from the lion king haha it means "no worries"...i have a lil sister around here so these things stick with me ha

surrreeee....

i cant believe i never saw the lion king, what was wrong with my childhood?

NYKnicks15

Starter
i know this is off topic to the thread but to answer ur question, nothing is wrong with your childhood. Lion King is overrated with a decent story and good animation...its the devil, especially if you have to watch it 3 times a day 5 days a week :cry: