GAME THREAD: NYK vs. MIA: 3/15/05

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

kolnyk36fg.gif
VS
kolmia23gn.gif

NEW YORK KNICKS (26-36) VS MIAMI HEAT (50-16)

stephon_marbury.jpg
vs
damon_jones.jpg
STEPHON MARBURY vs. DAMON JONES
jamal_crawford.jpg
vs
dwyane_wade.jpg
JAMAL CRAWFORD vs. DWYANE WADE
tim_thomas.jpg
vs
eddie_jones.jpg
TIM THOMAS vs. EDDIE JONES
mike_sweetney.jpg
vs
udonis_haslem.jpg
MIKE SWEETNEY vs. UDONIS HASLEM
kurt_thomas.jpg
vs
shaquille_oneal.jpg
KURT THOMAS vs. SHAQUILLE O’NEAL

Knicks Team Stats[align=right:e5b5eab910]TV: MSG, NBALP[/align:e5b5eab910]
Heat Team Stats[align=right:e5b5eab910]RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am[/align:e5b5eab910]
Standings

NYKnicks15

Starter
Damon Jones plays Point Guard...thus moving Dwyane Wade to the 2 spot. Another loss for the Knicks...Better chance for us to keep to our first round draft pick! :)

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
crawford needs to step up i havent seen a really big game from him in a while just solid or below average c- for his standards play

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
pbjb14 said:
crawford needs to step up i havent seen a really big game from him in a while just solid or below average c- for his standards play

I think he was one of the big reasons for the loss in Seattle. If we can get his shots to fall, we will get more spacing and chances for others to shoot. I think if jamal gets 20 + we win.

NYKnicks15

Starter
were going to lose, just like i said in the seattle post we cant defend the three ball as we see in the lakers, pheonix, seattle, miami games and this is another one of those sits. miami will once again beat us with the threes of wade, jones and jones thats if we decide not to defend. Plus Shaq...yea i dont see Kurt getting the edge on that one, even if he runs around and shoots that 15 footer, shaqs still 7-2. Malik can defend shaq decently as we have saw in past SA/LA playoff games...

jamal is not putting up big numbers cause hes not taking 20+ shots per night. hes looking around passing. and looking for a decent shot. thats what he should do. thats what we complain he doesnt do and now that hes not doing it were complaining about that?

Still want that first round pick...so lose im happy. win ill be mediocre.

Trin_Starr

Starter
The knicks are gonna pull off an amazing win tonight and that success is going to catapult them into a nice winning streak.
Pick n' roll is the secret weapon

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yeah, we may have the pick and roll, but like nyknicks15 said, the heat have three point threats and shaq... and that beats pick and roll anyday.. i cant see us winning unless we are consistent on the offense end, and dont let any one person on their team put up a great all around game

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
did anyone notice tim thomas has 4 inches over his guy ... i think if the knicks exploit that and tim thomas gets mid twenties like 25 at least then they can win.... another important thing is kurt thoams to play over 30 minutes and not get foul trouble

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yeah, thats because sweetney and KT switched... i have to say as i first saw that sweetney/shaq matchup i was very concerned, and scared, however after the early fouls from both players, it is no longer a factor (knock on wood)

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
halftime report: no knicks in double figures yet were still playing really really well. Like clyde said its been a game of runs, knicks have been down by a lot twice but got back into it. shaq has missed 8 freethrows and to of them were called lane violations. crawford is passing like jason kidd out there

Stupid f****n Knicks. They lose again. There 10 point lead taken away. F**k you Trevor Ariza, and f**k you Herb Williams. Should have kept Malik in the game. The Knicks are all a***oles. Trevor is a s*n of a b**ch. That rookie don't know how to play defense. Kurt Thomas is a s***head. Why the f**k would you move that back for the jumper. F*ck all of the Knicks!!!!! :flippa:

The Knicks have no more hope. Isiah Thomas is a m*********in gay a**. Make yoru damn shots! All of the Knicks except Jerome Williams and Malik Rose, are b******s!!!!! :fazer: :moon: :finger: :bang: :fuckoff: :evil:

rady edit
i understand your frustration, but we do not tolerate such behavior around here. don't let this happen again

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
ARE YOU SERIOUSLY BLAMING ARIZA FOR THAT LOSS?? wow, did you even watch the game.. Ariza was playing amazing defense on Wade, however he canned an unstoppable shot, no one, absolutely no one in the league would have had a better shot at defending that, unless you're a 7-6 Andre Kilerinko...It was thanks to bad shot selection at the end from us, a couple lucky calls for miami, and good shots from miami... please, dont even mention Ariza as a factor..

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
IVERSON's3>Marbury's said:
Stupid f****n Knicks. They lose again. There 10 point lead taken away. F**k you Trevor Ariza, and f**k you Herb Williams. Should have kept Malik in the game. The Knicks are all a***oles. Trevor is a s*n of a b**ch. That rookie don't know how to play defense. Kurt Thomas is a s***head. Why the f**k would you move that back for the jumper. F*ck all of the Knicks!!!!! :flippa:

The Knicks have no more hope. Isiah Thomas is a m*********in gay a**. Make yoru damn shots! All of the Knicks except Jerome Williams and Malik Rose, are b******s!!!!! :fazer: :moon: :finger: :bang: :fuckoff: :evil:

You obviously don't know what your talking about. Ariza played perfect defense in that situation and Wade hit a Jordan-like shot.

Why are you blaming Isiah Thomas for the game? And the Knicks played there hearts out for this game and ot just came down to us not being able to hit shots. We showed hustle and desire to win but just couldn't get that shot when we most needed it.

You need to chill out over one loss. True,it might have cost us a playoff spot but don't blame the whole orginization.

NYKnicks15

Starter
dont get me wrong guys...i ridicule peoples opinions, i argue with them, sometimes i trash them...but I never ridicule a person for expressing their opinions on this site....but for this occasion ill have to change that way of life....

IVERSON...you dont know what your talking about, your fake cussing over something as little as one loss. we dont need the playoffs (we need that lottery pick) and your blaming Isiah for nothing. You can blame Isiah on a lot of things (if your a hater) but a loss? thats ridiculous. i must of missed the part where Isiah ran on the court dancing the dirty bird and punched Shaq in the face causing us a game losing technical foul...did anyone else see it? Ariza is a good player and still is. i cant see where he messed up here?...crawford if anyone is the blame (3-11) but i dont even think hes the blame...they played a good game...oh and f everyone except Malik and JYD? well ill give u Malik...but even tho i like JYD i seem to have missed his part in this game...all i saw was his 5 minutes, 1 basket, and 2 Personal fouls...IVERSON SIR YOU are the f***ing s***head.

annnnnnnnnnd breathe... :) ...have to run back to my anger management class :lol: peace.....(i think u should join me IVY)

Trin_Starr

Starter
We are all fans here and it hurts to lose games like that.
It makes us think irritationally, but I don't see the need to bash Iverson<Marbury like that.
The dude was upset.
So was I - I'm still trying to find all the pieces of my remote control I flung across the room! lol

As MJ used to say, the last 5 minutes of a ball game separates the players from the superstars!
Crawford played an amazing game but his erratic 3pt airball in the final 1.5 mins cost us the game.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
We are all fans here and it hurts to lose games like that.
It makes us think irritationally, but I don't see the need to bash Iverson<Marbury like that.
The dude was upset.

that's why i din't banned anyone yet. still i don't think it's the best way to react..

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea im sure my reaction wasnt great either BUT he needs to relax. i dont know what knickerbocker said but im sure that wasnt the best reaction aswell...no matter how mad you get though you should have the common courtesy to get it out before making statements that contain f this f that. its inappropriate and unnecessary. we all get mad believe me, before i accepted the fact that the suck and its better for us to lose this season ive throw stuff...but then you come to the conclusion that our team sucks and no matter how much you love them the chair you threw against the wall is more valuable then the damn knicks in all actuality....or atleast thats what my counseler says haha jk

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i dont even get mad when we lose those games anymore.. i just sit on my couch with my face in my hands, breathing deeply. For this game it took me 10 minutes until I found the strength to change the channel.

Blumatic

Rotation player
That last shot has been all over the news. That shot made him bigger than he already is. And again somebody's fame and fortune goes against the Knicks.