Best Backcourt in NBA?

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
What do you think is the best 1-2 duo (meaning PG and SG)?

I think it is Arenas and Hughes. Although Arenas doesn't pass much they average 47.2 PPG.

That's incredible!

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Its going to be fun watching the Davis/Richardson duo in Golden State over the next few seasons, but im not sure if they'll be the best and most productive backcourt, but they're goijng to put up some numbers

NYKnicks15

Starter
several considerations BUT theyre all circumstantional to an extent...

i think if Baron stays healthy and JRich stays in GS they will be very good...even as much as I dislike them Tony Parker and Manu Ginoboli are a very good candidate for it...yeah Arenas and Hughes are probably the winners here though..also when TJ Ford was healthy I think him and Michael Redd were effective and i think if he stays in Milwaukee and TJ gets healthy theyll be very good once again...and when Richard Jefferson comes back and who ever plays the SG spot in NJ (either RJ or Carter) thatll be a good backcourt with Kidd at helm. then theres a few young duos (not by age in all but pairings i mean)...Ray Allen and Luke Ridnour, Gordon and Hinrich, Francis and Nelson, and the duo of Mobley and Bibby is a stick out, i guess even Spree/Cassell,..rip and billups...i dont know theres alot to choose from...so many to choose from but in consideration heres my top 5...

Ginoboli/Parker
Hughes/Arenas
Carter/Kidd
Davis/Richardson
then 5th is hard...i think if Ford gets healthy and Redd stays...itd be them..

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
how would you think marbury/crawford ranked up there. I mean, they are a great backcourt, but i probably have a biased view... i wish i could see what other teams' fans think of them

NYKnicks15

Starter
i mean i guess they can go for that 5th spot, but are opinions dont really count because we are biased. Even if your not a fan and you look at their stats you mite be biased...But if you look at their efficiency they are not always on key, and barely ever are...sure they get the hot hand once and a while and do put up big numbers....but how many shots do they put up a night?? i dont know theres a lot of backcourt duos that are great...so its hard to put them in the top 5...by names? no doubt. but when u have the aforementioned with them in the running for it, its just hard...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
no1 really gives the knicks love but id put marbury and crawford/healthy houston up there. also def was, nj, and det, maybe even phx.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
The problem with the Knick backcourt is that there to inconsistent. Crawford could go for 40 one night and then cool off and go for 5. But they are def. up there.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
how about kobe and chucky? they are good 40 points a game. theyve got the best (or maybe top 3) clutch end-of-game shooters (kobe) and a great 3 point shooter for percentage (chucky).

hughes and arenas, although they get more points, dont intimadte other teams and draw double teams like kobe can. one superstar and one average player is better than 2 pretty good players in the nba in my book.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
im pretty sure pretty good players dont make the all-star game (Arenas), plus Hughes has had a monester year so far averaging over 20 points per game, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists.. , and to go with Arenas 25 points per game, 5 rebounds and 5 assists, they are a deadly duo.... no way they are just pretty good players, with pretty good stats, they are amazing..

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
a knick fan said:
how about kobe and chucky? they are good 40 points a game. theyve got the best (or maybe top 3) clutch end-of-game shooters (kobe) and a great 3 point shooter for percentage (chucky).

hughes and arenas, although they get more points, dont intimadte other teams and draw double teams like kobe can. one superstar and one average player is better than 2 pretty good players in the nba in my book.

But Kobe and Chucky don't play together like a duo. Arenas and Hughes feed off each other were as Kobe feeds off Kobe and Atkins feeds off.....Atkins.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
I dont think anyone can really feed off Kobe.. the only vibes he's giving out are bad ones, and they're pushing everyone away from him, they even did things most guys in the NBA cant do.... move Shaq. :p

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
So, would I because of Kobe. I sdaid best backcourt though which means between the 2 of them. Kobe wouldn't pass to Chucky and just take the shots.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
a knick fan said:
so if it was a 2 on 2 game, would u bet on kobe/chucky or arenas/hughes?

id put my money on kobe/chucky.

2 on 2 requires street ball moves and thats where Kobe would shine, however hughes and arenas would outsize atkins and they would expoit that matchup and win, my moeny is on the wizards duo

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
nah, in basketball, one star and one average player is better than two above avg. players.

so if you could have a team, with all else equal, and either have kobe/atkins or arenas/hughes, you can honestly tell me that you would rather have arena and hughes??? superstars are rare, any time you can have one, you do anything to get him. the superstar will make up for the average player. also dont forget, atkins is a good 3 point shooter. hes an underrated point guard.

miami proved that when they gave up 3 above average players (odom, butler, grant) for one superstar, shaq. and look who is the better team now.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
also, areanas does get 25 points a game but only 5 assists. i think marbury is a better player. if marbury acted selfish, he could also easily get 25 and 5, but instead he looks to pass more so he gets 21 and 8. hughes is like crawford, he takes some wild shots, and doesnt really do much else except score (i think his defense is ok, but hes not a "complete 2 guard" like kobe is, or tmac, or even vince carter). NEITHER areanas or hughes can take over a game and dominate it and change the course of a game singlehandedly. a guy like tmac or kobe can.

i actually think marbury/crawford are better than hughes/arenas.