Official Draft Thread

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
I think Deron Williams will go in the middle of the 1st round. Switch Warrick and Villaneuva. I also think wayne simien will go a little highter. Jarret Jack and Francisco Garcia will go slightly lower. I don't think Turiaf deserves or will go in the 1st round and won't be succesful in the NBA. He chockes in the Clutch. Oh...and by the way whoever is picked by Atlanta is screwed. In their last 16 years all their rookies have been underachieving and not even make it to the the Rookie all-star team (especially their early 1st round picks. I mean look at Shaun Livingsyton).It's a curse. :tongue:

gknick11

Benchwarmer
But if they do win it, then I see him going pro, like Carmelo. I'd like to see him stay in school, but if UNC wins it all, I realy see him going pro.

gknick11

Benchwarmer
Livingston plays for the Clippers. Some of the picks make sense, but some, I admit, don't. Like I said, it's really too early to tell, but I just wanted to see what my view of the draft would look like.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Livingston has only played 16 games this year, hes been injured for so long, so its hard to judge a rookie on his first games, i think he will improve with time though

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
9 points 6 rebounds and 2 assists arent bad stats for a backup guard, but they are definently terrible, underachieving stats for someone taken 6th overall!!

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
when you're drfted late first round/second round you get time to develop, but when you're take top 10 overall, you're expected to go right into starting and producing, you have some big shoes to fill, and hes not filling them

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
I just have a gut feeling that I've never had before that MArvin Williams is really something special. I honestly think he's atleast the next KG. He can hit 3s all night + power + post moves + fundemantals + vince Carter type of dunker + poise + clutch + leader + humble + loves basketball + team player + entangebles. He's the kind of player that you would be blessed to have on your team. The team that picks 1st overall and doesn't draft him will come back a couple of years from now and shoot them selfes. Please Isiah do anything in your abilities to get this guy. hey the MAgic got Penny when he was drated. I don't care trade Steph + Kurt + Crawford + whatever the other team wants to get this guy. This team desperatly needs a nice clean fresh to finally to have the team that wins it all. Williams would be the best franchise player in the League. Can we finally be the big winners once in a while. I predict that he'll win the MVP atleast 3 times and win atleat 2 championship rings. 5 years from now somene will pull up this forum and say that I was a genius. I also think that Bogut will be a huge bust. I love Willliams. :pray: (please God let us get Williams)

NYKnicks15

Starter
Knickerbocker I believe you are slightly confused. besides for the Childress/Livingston mess up...are you forgetting Josh Smith? Hes the guy who won the Slam Dunk comp and played in the rookie all star game right?? and Childress yea...in about 25 MPG they both average 8+ PPG, 5+ RPG...i mean there not allstars but they are young and have potential.

16 years that is a long time, but not all are horrible...
Josh Smith, Josh Childress, Donta Smith, Boris Diaw, Pau Gasol, DeMarr Johnson, Jason Terry, Jumaine Jones, Roshown McLeod, Chris Crawford, Alan Henderson, Stacey Augmon....are pretty decent players...

yea you expect draftees to come in and make a big impact on a horrible team, like Okafor does but Smith is from HS and thats a lot of pressure to handle at that age...

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
I'm not done yet done, Williams also got pastion and he doesn't still have to prove anything. He's a safe pick and still has a lot of potential (more than KG, its crazy). He's so good that it woulld be a disappointment if he turns out to be "only" as good as Jermaine O'neal. Hey anyone think we can start a "draft Williams" chant at every game to convice IT to trade for him.

NYKnicks15

Starter
werent people saying this about Jay Williams, there KnickerBocker...they praise and praise and you get rid of what you have to to get him and he breaks his leg...never to play basketball again...you cant put that kind of investment in a guy when you dont know how theyll be able to adapt to the pros....not saying hell be a great player in the nba, he does have A LOT of potential...just got to be careful

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
He's definitly coming out, alot of sites confirmed it. And NYknicks15 what happened to Jay was totally different, heck Mj could of have broke his foot and never play in the NBa again, It could happen to anyone. Besides the worst case situation would be that he is a bust (99.9% not going to happen), he'll still be better than anybody we have on our team (he'll be like a Jermaine O'neal). HE's also very mature like Lebron and everybody who knows him loves him. If we get him I gurantee everone a title witin 4 years (much earlier than we'll get with the sucky team we currently have)

NYKnicks15

Starter
sites do NOT confirm anything. A player confirms. Until Williams says I declare myself eligible for the 2005 nba draft...then hes not confirmed at all.

true the jay thing was different, but it could happen to anyone. and as this kid has potential you shouldnt put THAT much faith in him. nothing is 99.9% true unless were speaking of your overhyping him. haha yes he can be a great player, but Olowokandi could have been a great player. you just dont know until they make it to the nba. and play an nba style game.

whats wrong with Jermaine O'Neal? Oh im sorry you said it would be a disappointment if he was as good as O'Neal...then you said hes going to be a Jermaine O'Neal type...sorry i was confused...wait i still am John Kerry haha

alright i dont care passionately about this topic and im just joking around. but still dont put so much faith in one player. anything can happen and ANYONE can be a bust.

mrj18

Benchwarmer
Anymore clips of Petro? That is the ONLY one I keep seeing of him, no matter anywhere I look on the web.

Anyway, I heard he has an attitude problem at times, but he is also motivated and hopefully to the extent to work with Aguirre. Imagine what Aguirre can do to a strong 7 footer with athleticism. I even heard Petrick Ewing MIGHT come to the Knicks if they resign Herb, so if we get Ewing this guy can devlop into something special. For him to average 15ppg 10rpg 2.5bpg is definitely not out of the question. The sky's the limit for him!