Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Draft Thread

Veteran

sites do NOT confirm anything. A player confirms. Until Williams says I declare myself eligible for the 2005 nba draft...then hes not confirmed at all.

true the jay thing was different, but it could happen to anyone. and as this kid has potential you shouldnt put THAT much faith in him. nothing is 99.9% true unless were speaking of your overhyping him. haha yes he can be a great player, but Olowokandi could have been a great player. you just dont know until they make it to the nba. and play an nba style game.

whats wrong with Jermaine O'Neal? Oh im sorry you said it would be a disappointment if he was as good as O'Neal...then you said hes going to be a Jermaine O'Neal type...sorry i was confused...wait i still am John Kerry haha

alright i dont care passionately about this topic and im just joking around. but still dont put so much faith in one player. anything can happen and ANYONE can be a bust.

Superstar

Paul Davis:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I said if he was a bust he would be like a Jermaine O'neal-That's how good he is.

Superstar

I doubt a bust will be as good as Jermaine O'Neal. That's going a little overboard.

Anymore clips of Petro? That is the ONLY one I keep seeing of him, no matter anywhere I look on the web.

Anyway, I heard he has an attitude problem at times, but he is also motivated and hopefully to the extent to work with Aguirre. Imagine what Aguirre can do to a strong 7 footer with athleticism. I even heard Petrick Ewing MIGHT come to the Knicks if they resign Herb, so if we get Ewing this guy can devlop into something special. For him to average 15ppg 10rpg 2.5bpg is definitely not out of the question. The sky's the limit for him!

That's asking a lot for a rookie, but it's possible. I see Marvin coming out if they win it all this year. Otherwise, I see him going back this year. I want Petro this year. I want the win tonight, but I want a lottery pick after that. The best we can possibly get.

Superstar

Originally Posted by gknick11
    That's asking a lot for a rookie, but it's possible. I see Marvin coming out if they win it all this year. Otherwise, I see him going back this year. I want Petro this year. I want the win tonight, but I want a lottery pick after that. The best we can possibly get.
    This is what I said with Marvin. Although I think he is coming back no matter what.

Superstar

I was watching Channing Frye play today against Illinois and he played really good. He had 24 Points and 10 Boards. This would be a good to drive.

I meant in the near future, like in his 3rd or 4th year. The guy is only 18 or 19, I understand how hard it is for him to put up big numbers as a rookie. His first year he might average 7 points 7 rebounds and a block. I know we are getting this guy because of potential too.

Anyone interested in Vladimir Veremeenko? He's another European, from Russia. He's the leader there, he can shoot and pass. He's only 235 and is 6'11, but that can be dealt with. He doesn't really have consistent 3 point range yet, but his midrange jumper is on point. Some comparisons are a poor man's Dirk! That's not a bad thing at all.

Veteran

just some confirmations and speculations towards the draft...

Chris Taft WILL declare that he indeed will be in this years draft after the NCAA finals ends...

Andrew Bogut WILL declare that aswell...

Marvin Williams on the other hand stated "Forward Marvin Williams' NBA draft prospects are the subject of considerable speculation, but he said Saturday he is leaning toward returning for his sophomore season.

He said he loves college and playing for Roy Williams at North Carolina. "I will sit down and talk to coach and see what's best for me," Marvin Williams said. "If I have to (go to the NBA) next year, if that's what's best for my family, then that's what I have to do. But I do enjoy being here."

thanks to the Charlotte Observer for that news...

so Bogut, Taft in...
    Williams not?

PLEEEEEASE everyone here, let's stay away from Chris Taft. He seems like the power forward version of Tim Thomas.

as of late Tim Thomas has been amazing?? we dont want a tall guy, whos athletic and has range??

Here is nbadraft.net's "disclaimer," of sorts:

The NBADraft.net Mock Draft is a year round, continuosly updated projection of the NBA Draft.

While the NBA season is going on, the teams are projected in reverse order of record. Once the NBA season ends, the order of the teams from 15-60 are in place. After the May draft lottery, the official order of the draft is set.

The team needs are not factored into the mock draft until after the NBA season ends.

NBADraft.net has been the only site to project both the first and second rounds of the draft for the current and following year for the past 5 years.

Our projections are based on the opinions of the scouts that work for NBADraft.net, and the NBA and International scouts that we speak with.

To answer the original question, I think we should take:

Johan Petro, C, France.
    Channing Frye, PF/C, Arizona.
    Alan Anderson, SG, Michigan St.
    i like your picks but i think one change would be bj elder instead of allan henderson

I don't think Houston is gonna have a high enough 2nd round pick for us to draft BJ Elder. I think he's gonna get drafted earlier than where they'd pick. That's why I said Anderson. He's got size, some we lack in the backcourt. Even though Ariza and Tim Thomas have been playing the 2 sparingly, they aren't shooting guards. I think Anderson could be a big two in the NBA.

Here are a couple pages worth checking out on Petro, for those of you that would like more info on the kid:

I'd say he's worth it. The article is a little outdated, but I didn't really try to look for anything updated. It just looked the most interesting. I say Petro 'cause he's the type of player Isiah would like and 'cause Martynas will be gone by the time we draft him. It's funny what the Euro clubs will do to protect their young players. Too bad it doesn't work.