Page 1 of 18 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Draft Thread

Default Official Draft Thread

3 or 4 word answer: Who will the knicks draft this year. List 3 players and make sure you check their avalibility when we pick before you list them (I mean don't say that we'll get bogut if we for example get the 10th pick). Consider the kind of player the team needs and IT would draft. Don't just throw any names in there. Keep on listing your picks until the draft and we'll see who was right on draft day.

Veteran

This is hard because we dont know where we will be in the draft. Dont know of yet who is actually in the draft for sure. And we dont know if Isiah will trade away a draft pick or trade for a higher one...one that note. as of right now, i see...

OUR FIRST, FIRST ROUND PICK
    C Johan Petro (France)

OUR SECOND, FIRST ROUND PICK
    C/F Channing Frye (Arizona)

OUR ONLY, SECOND ROUND PICK
    G Massimo Bulleri (Italy) or G BJ Elder (Georgia Tech)

i moved the topic in the main forum, stickied it and made it the official draft thread.
    from now on, all the knicks-draft related discusions will be treated here

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    This is hard because we dont know where we will be in the draft. Dont know of yet who is actually in the draft for sure. And we dont know if Isiah will trade away a draft pick or trade for a higher one...one that note. as of right now, i see...

OUR FIRST, FIRST ROUND PICK
    C Johan Petro (France)

OUR SECOND, FIRST ROUND PICK
    C/F Channing Frye (Arizona)

OUR ONLY, SECOND ROUND PICK
    G Massimo Bulleri (Italy) or G BJ Elder (Georgia Tech)
    nbadraft.net says petro is coming cout in o6 draft

Superstar

NYKnicks-I doubt that Elder is coming out that late. He is a great scorer and I think he will go middle to late first round to a team like the Heat or Pistons.

With our First Pick I agree though, I think we will get Johan Petro if he comes out.

I thought we didn't have a second rounder this year?

Anyway this is really scary and I hope it doesn't happen

FIRST ROUNDER
    Taft

Don't know anyone else. Btw, I think we should draft overseas guys.

Superstar

Taft is to small to draft. He would just be another PF for us.

the last thing the knicks need is another 3sf or 4pf player i want a center or some gaurds who can come off the bench and get something done ...im sure u guys have noticed how flat we are every time marbury is on the bench.

thats why a guy like Nate Robinson would be a great second round pick up.. he provides his team with not only hustle but skill, and will be a great backup, if not a starter in the NBA. So a big man first, and then a backup guard second is our perfect scenario

Veteran

we have a second round pick from the Van Gundy ordeal...

Yes but Nbadraft.net had Trevor Ariza going to Miami last year. They dont even have our trade with San Antonio up there...they also had Jackie Butler getting drafted in the 2nd round, i believe he didnt get drafted at all though...the draft is unpredictable...so lets not rely on that and make our own generalizations.

if Nate Robinson does enter the draft this year, hell be gone before our second round pick....you also cant say BJ Elder will go that early, good player? yes. incredible player? no. and it all depends on who else enters if alot others enter that are rumored hell go in the second round...

well i think if Isiah was smart in finding Ariza in last years draft, im pretty confident in him finding someone decent this year.. i hope

Superstar

NBAdraft.net is a mock draft and doesn't really base it on anything (does it?) and I didn't really go by that but we definetly should go for a top center and then go after a backup guard(s).

i think they have the top 5 picks pretty much down, definently with Bogut first, but after that who knows.. its pin the tail on the donkey i guess

i hope we dont make the mistake of drafting a 5 just for the sake of drafting a 5 because we need one. the clippers wasted a 1st overall pick on olowokandi. if i look back at the draft history im sure ill see a lot of wasted picks on big men. fred. wiess commes to mind. there dont seem to be a lot of good 5's in this draft anwyay.

how about gerald green as our first pick, and maybe isiah can trade up from the late first round to the middle and get hakim warrick there. yeah i know, two small forwards when we already have so many, but they both seem to have a lot of talent and potential. i can think of kobe and tmac who werent drafted very early (and probably after some less talented big men (because gm's made the mistake of drafting a big man just because of his size)).

assuming (and its a big if) we could do craw and kurt for ray allen
    and trade penny and tims expiring contracts for either draft picks, a decent center, or other expiring contracts, or something good, maybe we could have a roster that goes something like this...

marbury
    r. allen/houston
    warrick/ariza
    sweetney/rose/taylor
    k. brown at center (somehow well get him in a trade using expiring contracts or draft picks)?
    center - i dunno what were gonna do about this...maybe sign some guy for a MLE? is there any FA's this year (k. brown, curry (i doubt theyll sign for the MLE))? maybe we'll get a decent center (how about nesterovich of san antonio) through a trade somehow.

that would be a good roster, with talent, youth, and a team that i think could do some damage in the playoffs

i wouldnt bank on getting a center in this years draft. even if petro commes out, i really doubt that young kid will do anything more than sit on the bench his first few years in the league, a la kwame brown, jermaine o'neal, etc.

seeing as we are loaded at pwr fwd,any body think we should trade k thomas and penny(or something like that) new orleans for jamal maglorie. keep rose as starting pwr fwd and draft
    pg jarrett jack
    sg/sf rashad mccants
    sg/sf julius hodge