Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Draft Thread

Veteran

not sure what Stern thinks, i think LA and we have a better chance of getting longer because he knows the NBA cant stand with having those two franchises out of the playoffs...look for LA to get a boost up in the lottery atleast...

Edition 14 of my Today in NBA should be posted soon on the article spot, posted a RUMOR regarding Isiah's pick...take a look when it comes up...plus I need someone to design a picture/logo for my article that i can use every post...if anyones interested in making one or more than one id reallllllly appreciate it...thanks ...if theres more than one ill make a thread so people can vote on which one haha thanks again

sounds good, i am really anticipating this years draft, and any news on which firection isiah news, is good news,, thanks nyknicks15, i also think i could make a logo, but i probably wont do a great job... ill make one anyway though, lol

Superstar

Originally Posted by Knicker Bocker
    http://store.nbalive.org/prospects/preview_jopetro.jpg

LOL
    You posted this twice...............??

I couldn't decide whether to post it in the draft thread or the johan petro dunk thread. So I decided to post it on both threads.

Guys, I'm having second thoughts on Petro. Many mocks are projecting him as a mid to late 1st round pick. Why should we pick him up with our lottery pick? I think we might want to consider someone else. Flip the coin on Taft or Green? Or maybe try and package our picks and something else to get Bogut. I don't know.

Veteran

dont listen to mock drafts man. there a load of someones opinions nothing more, nothing less. Gerald Green will probably be going to college. Nate Robinson has declared himself officially (well in a couple days) and hes only slated to go second round..same with BJ Elder and Julius Hodge?!...something wrong here? It's not all about whos slated where (cause its BS besides for the 1-2 picks) its who we need and who the best player is...

Andrew Bogut is not that. He won one tournament game if i remember correctly and hes in the MCC thats the atlantic division of the NCAA but worse.

Taft is alright and a decent player but is only getting drafted so high because his 6-10 size. hes got a nice build but needs a lot of critiquing. not saying everyone doesnt when they make the jump..but hes used to playing stuff in ur face center..hows he going to do against bigger C's around the league? and he doesnt have the moves to be an effective PF at the moment

plus Petro is "slated in the mock draft" at twelve...thats lottery..i say still go with him.

If Green declars for the draft which I think he will and him and petro are available at our first picks I would in a blink of an eye take Green...remember weis over artest, milicic over melo and that dude over MJ. I don't want that happening to us. However, I would try to package our second first round pick with something else to get a higher pick around 17 and 18 where we should really pick petro (Where he belongs). Man just think about it, drafting the next T-mac and Shaq.

Everyone seems to be down on picking up Bogut but why?

Look at all these trophies and awards he has wracked up lately.

He's a pure 7 footer, has the bulk to bang it with the big guys. Has umbelievable dribbling and passing ability for a big man, and has great range. He also finishes well on BOTH hands, just have a look at his shooting %, think it was 4th in the nation. Not bad for a guy who consistantly put up 20+ points a night.

He may be the missing piece we need.

I agree completely with DownUnderKnick3 i am also an aussie so i am hoping we can somehow pick him up. How can you say he is not a good player he went head to head against Tim Duncan he had 11 points 8 boards and a block on 4 of 7 shooting and 2 of 2 from the line not a bad effort against an mvp. And also DownUnderKnick3 youve heard of brad newley havent you? dont you reckon he is nba material aswell

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    dont listen to mock drafts man. there a load of someones opinions nothing more, nothing less. Gerald Green will probably be going to college. Nate Robinson has declared himself officially (well in a couple days) and hes only slated to go second round..same with BJ Elder and Julius Hodge?!...something wrong here? It's not all about whos slated where (cause its BS besides for the 1-2 picks) its who we need and who the best player is...

Andrew Bogut is not that. He won one tournament game if i remember correctly and hes in the MCC thats the atlantic division of the NCAA but worse.

Taft is alright and a decent player but is only getting drafted so high because his 6-10 size. hes got a nice build but needs a lot of critiquing. not saying everyone doesnt when they make the jump..but hes used to playing stuff in ur face center..hows he going to do against bigger C's around the league? and he doesnt have the moves to be an effective PF at the moment

plus Petro is "slated in the mock draft" at twelve...thats lottery..i say still go with him.
    I know what you're saying, but do you think it has some truth to it? I mean I like Petro too, but many scouts are saying he's far from being ready. Personally I do not want to see this season repeat itself all over again next year. Taft is a huge question mark, but he is 260 though and is very muscular. He could get through with his athleticism and his nice body (no homo). I he plays in his hometown and has Aguirre work with him, he could really be a good player. I heard his strength is similar to Amare and if the Knicks can get him to be a poor man’s Amare, we’d be rolling in the right direction.

1st pick pf/c tiago splitter
    2nd pick pf/c channing frye
    3rd pick sg/sf alan anderson

Mocks are opinion, but a lot of mocks, like draftcity.com's, has actual scouts at games evaluating talent. They are the ones who tell teams, and essentially us, who's NBA-material and who isn't. I don't agree with any mock drafts, but I don't disagree, either. I look at it as who are the 60 players most likely to get drafted. What I like to do is watch these kids to see if they can possibly fit into what Isiah wants to do, which I hope is get an athletic team that can run the floor. I will make another mock draft, which is just my opinion, after the season's over and then when the lottery order is announced. As far as Green goes, he has said he wants to go to college, and also that he wants to see where teams think he will go if he were to enter the draft. I want him to go to college, but I wouldn't be surprised if he declared himself for the draft. I still want Petro because he's a legit 7-footer who has a good amount of athletisism. I've only seen clips of him here and there, but from what I've seen, it's worth investing in him. Unless Green's available, of course. The way it's looking now, we will end up with either the 7th or 6th pick. Not bad.

Default Aright, see kids, heras what we gottata do

heres wat you gotta do...check below

Default heres wat they really gotta do

This all depends on alotta ish, but heres what i think zeke should do, if he really wanted to pull the trigger:

The Hornets are gonna end up 2nd or 3rd worst, so...

Sign & Trade for Maggloirre + George Lynch & their Lottery Pick (2 or 3 overall)

for

T. Thomas, Sweetney, Mo Taylor, Lottery Pick (6 or 7 overall), & Late 1st or Early 2nd Round Pick (whichever makes it work)

Hornets prolly willing to do it to get rid of Lynch, plus the fact theyre getting a 2 for 1 as far as draft picks, where they can draft a center and some guards...can use Mo Taylor for starting/backup PF & P.J. Brown at C (played him alot at C this year)

Knicks should use the pick to nab Marvin Williams, assuming he forgoes his soph. season. If they don't feel like starting him, just use Junkyard, seemed to work earlier this season. Should use their remaining pick to nab a decent backup PG.