Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Draft Thread

They are under contract for next season. Besides, Magloire has a base-pay contract, meaning that his cap number is different because his contract never increases. And since they are under the cap quite a bit this summer, I son't think they gonna wanna trade for Mo Taylor's contract. Lynch's can't be worse than Mo's. If it is, there's no way I want him. Our cap situation is already ****ed.

yeah gknick11 says it best.. our cap is f*cked.... we just need to hope that we can clear it up over the next couple years, put togethor a solid team, smart draft picks, and i hope we can contend.. in the east atleast, it would be fun to win again

Default What's the diff.?

You make a point, but a few things:

Everyone's under contract except Maggloire.

That means they wouldnt mind trading him instead of just giving him up for free.

Sweet and T. Thomas are in their final year.

Lynch is in his final year.

Rather than pay arguably their best player a max. deal, they wouldnt mind taking on 18 mil. of Taylor's contract + Timmy & Sweetneys contracts in their last year + our first round picks for Maggloire, who is too expensive for them + Lynch + their Lottery.

Lets face it, we need a friggin center, and at this point, our cap doesnt even matter. We don't get relief until like 2007, and all we'd have to do is sign Maggloire to a 4 or 5 year deal maxing 9 or 10 per.

With their Lottery we can draft Green or Marv Williams.

Screw the cap man, its NY, let them raise ticket prices if they have to if it means we contenders again...

Oh, and one more thing...Taylor & PJ would be coming off the cap for N.O. at the same time, so it might be in their interest to take this deal. And no, theyre not over the cap this or any year. Hornets team salary just grazes 35 Mill. 2nd Lowest in the league, and its only gonna get lower.

that is a pretty interesting idea, i would love to have new orleans pick, its one more step to getting bogut or a beast center..

Gerald Green is officially enetring the draft. What I Say.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

what u guys think about tiago splitter

Please stay away from white european dudes. We can't take anymore chances.

I'm not surprised he's entering the draft. He was saying that he wasn't, so I thought he wasn't. Then his dad came out and said he's gonna test the waters. So, basically, he's entering the draft. I kinda like Splitter, a Pau-like player. But a center is more needed. He won't be able to play center. I still want Petro, but getting him at the #7 spot might be a reach. I would'nt mind taking Blatche, either. I'm still holding judgement until I see him tomorrow morning. ESPN is re-airing the Jordan Classic, where he put up something like 22-16. Named the co-MVP. I'm gonna tape it, then I'll come back up on here and say whether he's worth it or not. Peace, for now.

i just found the date to the draft, and if anyone was wondering, it is set for June 28th, a tuesday, at the theatre at madison square garden

Veteran

now that the whole UNC team basically haha among others have declared themselves for the draft, its going to change the aspect of our original decisions. It's really hard to even guess what Isiah mite do. As much as some people say dont draft a big man yadda yadda what would Isiah look like if he didnt?? So heres my guess of what Isiah will do or Id want him to do...

With the 8 Pick, the New York Knicks select SF Gerald Green
    The New York Knicks trade their #30 pick and #54 pick to whomever for the draft rights to C Johan Petro

Thats what I see at the moment...Isiah will trade up with the #30 pick to get his man. And we only draft 2 players this year instead of 3.

why is everybody so hung up on a high school player that cant contribute right away. according to what ive read he is talented indeed but atleast 2 to 3 years away from contributing. yes it would be nice to have the next high school phenom but he appears to be really just growing in his basketball. should we really use a top pick on him on go after what may appear to be safer?

Veteran

have read and have seen are two completely different things. I take it you didnt watch the McDonalds High School Classic?? Well im sure theyll replay it, tip of advice..watch it! Im no where close to saying hes the next LeBron or making any comparisons but this kid has it. 2 to 3 years? possible..but then again anything is possible...

and not to use a cliche term but NO ONE is safe. anyone can be a bust and to consider people hung up, is an over statement. Im just legitamately looking at where we are selection spot wise. And at that point in the draft i dont see much more worth picking that early...

well see what Isiah does though, he is very unpredicatable but then his draft choices have been a sure fit so far to his credit...except for that one 2nd rounder Jimmy King...Damon Stoudamire, Marcus Camby, Tracy McGrady Trevor Ariza....im just gonna voice my opinion but realize its Isiahs ball from here on, much like it was when he played..

Veteran

Alright if you havent read this already and seeing I have no way to show you the McDonalds classic easily take a look. Just read. This is a analysis report of Gerald Green's weaknesses and positives. It was done by Rob Salvador of NBADRAFT.NET...

NBA Comparison: Tracy McGrady

Positives: Everything this kid does is silky smooth, even hard drives to the lane capped with the empathetic dunk seem easy... Has supreme athleticism, and gets many points off ally oop dunks as well as on drives to the hole... Has a very quick, effortless release on his jump shot. Combine that with great elevation and you have an almost unblockable shot... Most of the shots go in, in fact his jump shot from midrange to outside is one of his defining qualities... Loves to spot up for the open three, or stop and pop for the 15 footer... Overall just a sick scorer from outside ... Even At 6'8 he handles the ball like a guard, often starting (and finishing) the fast break... Loves to run the floor for the ally oop dunk, but also knows when to pass the ball... Most of those passes get right where they need to be ... However, those fast breaks don't just start themselves, Gerald is often the one creating the turnovers... His long arms and tremendous athleticism lead to lots of blocked shots and steals. Often creating the turnover, starting the break, and finishing with a monster dunk... Also rebounds exceptionally well for a guard/forward his size... The total package, an all around player who will do whatever it takes to win. There aren't many with his gifts at his size... With time and effort this kid will be something special.

Weaknesses: Effort seems suspect at times, can often be seen walking or resting on the court... Kind of has that I'll do what I want domineer when on the court, and sometimes appears to put style over substance... Also, he'll be spectacular one game, but then he'll forget to dominate...where is he? Needs to put up the monster performances that brought him where he is on a more consistent basis... Needs to bulk up, right now gets pushed around easily. Will have to improve his leg and upperbody strength to finish his drives... He has broad shoulders and a great frame, just needs to put in the work... Still dominating high schoolers, needs to bring his game to a point where he can do it at the next level as well

reading that profile really makes me pass him up,inconsistant,effort seems suspect,plays one game good the next he disappers. too small gets pushed around in high school.yeah i guess its all about potential and he seems to plenty going for him but a seasoned college player might be better in my eyes. just an opinion

Veteran

Here is the final and official order of the NBA DRAFT 2005 taking place on June 28th.

TEAM RECORD LOTTERY CHANCES (out of 1,000)
    Atlanta 13-69 250
    New Orleans 18-64 178
    Charlotte 18-64 177
    Utah 26-56 119
    Portland 27-55 88
    Milwaukee 30-52 63
    Toronto 33-49 36
    New York 33-49 35
    Golden State 34-48 14
    LA Lakers 34-48 14
    Orlando 36-46 8
    LA Clippers 37-45 7
    Cleveland (To CHA via PHO) 42-40 6
    Minnesota 44-38 5

The order for the remainder of the first round picks is as follows:

15. New Jersey (42-40)
    16. Philadelphia (To TOR via DEN and NJN) (43-39)
    17. Indiana (44-38
    18. Boston (45-37)
    19. Memphis (45-37)
    20. Washington (To DEN via ORL) (45-37)
    21. Chicago (To PHO) (47-35)
    22. Denver (49-33)
    23. Sacramento (50-32)
    24. Houston (51-31)
    25. Seattle (52-30)
    26. Detroit (54-28
    27. Dallas (To Utah) (58-24)
    28. San Antonio (59-23)
    29. Miami (59-23)
    30. Phoenix (To NY via SAS) (62-20)

2005 SECOND ROUND DRAFT CHOICE ORDER

31. Atlanta
    32/33.* Charlotte (To LA Clippers)
    32/33.* New Orleans
    34. Utah
    35. Portland
    36. Milwaukee
    37/38.* New York (To LA Lakers via Atlanta and Charlotte)
    37/38.* Toronto Pick may be conveyed to Orlando
    39/40.* LA Lakers
    39/40.* Golden State
    41. Orlando Pick may be conveyed to Golden State via New Jersey and LA Clippers or to Toronto.
    42. LA Clippers (To Orlando or to Toronto via Orlando or to Golden State via New Jersey)
    43. New Jersey
    44. Cleveland (To Orlando)
    45. Philadelphia Pick may be conveyed to Detroit.
    46. Indiana
    47. Minnesota
    48. Memphis (To Seattle)
    49. Washington
    50. Boston
    51. Chicago (To Utah via Houston)
    52. Denver
    53. Sacramento (To Boston)
    54. Houston (To New York)
    55. Seattle
    56. Detroit
    57. Dallas (To Phoenix via New Orleans)
    58. Miami (To Toronto)
    59. San Antonio (To Atlanta)
    60. Phoenix (To Utah)

New Orleans (18-64) won a tie-breaker with Charlotte
    Toronto (33-49) won a tie-breaker with New York
    Golden State (34-48 won a tie-breaker with the Los Angeles Lakers
    Boston (45-37) won a tie-breaker over Memphis and Washington; Memphis then won a tie-breaker with Washington
    San Antonio (59-23) won a tie-breaker with Miami

Thanks to NBA.COM