Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Official Draft Thread

youre stupid if you think bogut will drop past 2...

Btw, what you think of this?

Draft Frye at 8

Draft Hodge at 30

THEN

Still Trade Resigned Curry

FOR

Kurt, Sweetney, 54th

THEN

Resign Jackie Butler to LLE

ROSTER

Curry, Butler
    Frye, Rose, Taylor
    Timmy, Ariza, JYD
    Crawford, Hodge, Houston
    Marbury

IR: Penny

This follows through with how Curry needs a defensive-oriented PF to compliment him. We'd have our own version of the Twin Towers, and both Frye and Butler can play the 4 AND 5. And Julius Hodge is gonna be a steal in the 1st Round. He can play PG, SG, and even some SF, and is gonna be a solid shooter eventually. And cmon, he's straight outta NYC.

Don't forget - Curry and Crawford are best friends, so the transition should be smooth. And most important of all, we don't add $$ to the salary....in fact, by letting Timmy and Penny slide off the cap (or resign Timmy to MLE next year), we cut off alotta the extra fat WHILE getting better...

here is some some footage of just about all the draft picks,just click on the camera icon.alot of footage but just about all of the europeans are missing.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hello everyone, just joined this website and I would like to say that knicks need to draft a decent center and the best one availible for#8 is Channing Frye , then knicks will just need to draft a guard at#30 and a PF/SF at#54

Lurker

Default Please draft Granger

Just saw that cool link posted on this site: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and watched danny Granger. The kid seem so serious, so deadly, and that shot is sooo sweet. We need a guy like that - hard-edged, cold, and a good passer. Could he become Scottie Pippen???

granger does seem like a player with potentiol, but we cant forget about Ariza, granger would be a good pick, but im not sure if we oculd get him out there, atleast this year, while we're still developing the skills of last years rookie

its funny how much time all us fans spend making up trades that will improve the team, and most likely none of our proposals will ever happen.

instead, isiah disappoints time and time again...getting scrubs like malik rose and mo taylor in his last dealings.

is it me or did i remember seeing frye being listed at 6-10 at one point, then 6-11, and now 7-0. i know guys can still grow, but i have a suspicion that maybe guys "fudge" an inch or two at draft time.

i think hes not mobile/athletic enoguh to hang with the kenyon martins and tim duncans of the league and play the power forward position. and if hes only 6-11, being as skinny as he is, and noting that really every inch DOES count, im not sure about how good a center he could be. i cant think of many great under-7 foot centers except alonzo mourning (who was a lot more athletic and hulk-like than frye is).

i havent seen him play much, but im just skeptical, teams always seem to waste high draft picks on big guys just because they say "welll hes big, we need a big guy, and hes got some skills", and they pass up on a real talent.

i want isiah to pick the most talented guy who can really be a star in the league with the draft. yeah, we need a center, but its not like frye will all of a sudden make the knicks into a great team. we will still suck, with or without frye.

brazililans are lazy. i remember anderson varajeo was at one point a high lottery pick and slowly slipped. he doesnt seem to work hard and i dunno how good he will be.

ive never seen splitter play, but i dunno...maybe all hes got is a big body with some skills...it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to succeed in the nba...seems like those brazilians just like time in the sun and the beach.

nene, who i believe is from brazil, seems more hard working, but he hasnt raelly done too much for a 7th pick, wasnt he the baby ben wallace?

This is a good lineup i dont care what anyone says .

C-Frye 6'11
    PF-Sweetney 6'8
    SF-Ariza 6'8 / Q 6'6
    SG-Richardson 6'6 / Crawford 6'5
    PG-Marbury 6'2 / Crawford 6'5

And remember this lineup is not including the other picks at 30 and 54 and the trades that may occur

Superstar

frye is kinda not built tho rite....sweetney needs to get in shape to become a starter. wed definitely hang onto JYD or rose for some defense and sweets is the offense. im liking it....

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

can we get a poll on the draft......i'd like the knicks to pick webster though it seems Isiah will go for that bust Frye

Lurker

Default Draft Poll...

OK.

#1 K's should go for Danny Granger.

He's a terrific SF in the Scottie Pippen mold.

He's very intense, he comes into the league with a chip on his shoulder after playing in relative obscurity in New Mexico.

He can pass, shoot, drive.. they're saying his game basically has no weaknesses.

But mostly it's that intensity that I like, that chip on his shoulder that keeps a player hungry that we need. Thoughts?

what bout johan petro? first everybody was sooooooooooooooooo high on this guy now we barely mention him

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Petro? Haven't we already made the mistake of drafting a big french before? He, like Frye, will be just another benchwarmer at the best, not allstar material... Granger, Webster and Wright will be allstars...Fran Vazquez is the better NBA-ready big man after Bogut...If the pick HAS to be for a big man I'd rather grab Bynum and develop him a couple of years in the NBDL and just try to get Z, Curry or Kwame for the next couple of seasons...Peter Vecsey did report this week that Isiah is fixated on Pau Gasol so that gives me hope he's not going to make the mistake of using that eigth pick on whatever big man is available versus grabbing a future allstar