Official Draft Thread

NYKnicks15

Starter
YES!!! thank you so very much. I dled that clip a while back after seeing him play on that European highlight show, and I sadly lost that clip...THANK YOU!

i know one play doesnt make somebody, but one play does break someone right? (fred weis)...but yea everyone get a good look man, thats my pick still...breath in the potential...

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
NYKnicks15 said:
YES!!! thank you so very much. I dled that clip a while back after seeing him play on that European highlight show, and I sadly lost that clip...THANK YOU!

i know one play doesnt make somebody, but one play does break someone right? (fred weis)...but yea everyone get a good look man, thats my pick still...breath in the potential...

Yah does anyone have any videos of Wies. I never really got to see that guy play. Anyone?

NYKnicks15

Starter
he never played in the nba....he was drafted, played in the olympics got dunked on by Vince Carter, reported to training camp for the Knicks then decided not to play in America yet..

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i dont think he can ever show his face in the NBA, that dunk was crazy, even Jamal Crawfrd couldnt pull that one off....lol

mrj18

Benchwarmer
I saw that clip too, it was very impressive. This is the talent we'll be working with and that's what I want.

Btw, will Weis ever play for us? Sorry for the question :(

NYKnicks15

Starter
see i never quite understood the drafting of the european player. but from what I hear if they play for us (when we draft them) then we pay them to be on our team...obviously...like an ordinary pick

but if we choose them in the draft, and they go back like Weis did or dont come over...they are still technically our property and we ONLY have the rights to sign them when they do choose to come over...like Wang Zhizhi and Dallas (now with Miami) he was picked in 99 but didnt come over and sign until 01

same with the instance of Milos Vujanic and us...but he now goes to Pheonix...and can only sign with Pheonix, unless they trade his rights...

thats the only problem with Europeans they get drafted and then choose when they want to come over...

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i liked that video clip. he does definetely seem to have athleticism for his size. lots of guys do and never even start a game in the nba.

since hes got so much potential (arguably more upside than bogut even), how come hes slated to go in the middle of the first round? basically every team in the nba would love to get an athletic big man, so then wouldnt he go earlier (like in the first 10 picks)? could we even get him? nbadraft.net probably doesnt take into account what the gm's are actually thinking, there might be one gm who picks 7th whos completely enamored with petro and will take him that early.

i guess my ideal draft now is:

petro, trade up to get warrick, and for the 2nd round pick, i really dont know, hopefully isiah can find another ariza

gknick11

Benchwarmer
My bad on the new topic. I though I was posting in the Oficcial Draft Thread. Anyways, to answer the original asked question, if we have a lottery pick, I say we take:
Johan Petro, C, France
Channing Frye, PF/C, Arizona
Alan Anderson, SG, Michigan St.

It's really hard to say who's gonna go where considering we don't even know the order of the draft. When is our 2nd round pick? NBAdraft.net has updated each icon of who's drafting where, but it doesn't have us owning either Houston or San Antonio's 2nd rounders. Anyone know whether or not Houston sent us their 2nd round pick this year, or is it next year? I decided to wait a few days or so to try and predict my first round draft. I just wanna see who steps it up in the tournament. Peace, for now.

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea they updated our first round as you can see we have two icons up in the first...none in the second. thats because we choose when we want that second rounder i believe. its a future 2nd rounder and weve had it for a while just have been yet to use it (seeing its from the Van Gundy ordeal)...not specific on how that works...we never got a san antonio second rounder, just an unconditional first rounder this year (pheonixs) and San Antonios unconditional first rounder next year...

Well if thats sarcasm your right, he probably mite not have more upside then Bogut. I just believe you cant predict how good someone is no matter how dominant they are in college cough::eek:lowakandi:::cough:::Laettner:::...but still i do think he has lots of potential...

we also cant follow nbadraft.net at THE answer. look at their past mocks some are not even close. and if you look at other drafts they are totally different. its because everyone has their own opinion...and you never know what to expect..and really i dont believe these guys are Special professional scouts of anything or they wouldnt be working on a website for free, now would they?

They really dont take into account what teams need. They just place them there. Nor are they fully up to date. Gerald Green has said hes going to college. at one point they had Petro in at 2006...so lets just take it into account that it is a mock draft and assume are own opinions...

i mean wonder if they were right? Last year we would of had David Hawkins and Miami would have Trevor Ariza..

BUT Ive picked this since this thread started and im going to stick with it...
Johan Petro
Channing Frye
BJ Elder or Luther Head.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
On nbadraft.net, they have us getting Deron Williams and Vladimir Veremeenko. They obviously don't take what teams needs into consideration because why would we take another foward.

NYKnicks15-I was watching the Arizona-OK St. game last night and saw Frye playing. He is really good and has size. I like him now to.

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
What the hell they have Andray Blatche going the second round he's an automatic first rounder (about mid 1st rounder) They have us getting Darren Williams. None of this crap makes sense. :bang: It's all BS.:bitch:

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Yup that Arizona, OK state game, gave me alot of insight into Frye.. he has the potentiol to be a great offensive threat, good size and athletisism, and also a great defender at times... this guy should do well in the NBA

NYKnicks15

Starter
and thats why i hope we dont make the playoffs. because that would allow us to get Johan Petro relatively early and Frye should still be there towards the end of the first round...

heres his stats
MPG 30.7
PPG 15.6
RPG 7.5
BPG 2.2
FG%.545
FT% .834

the only thing that bothers me is that at 6-11 he weighs 248. He has a very thing frame and needs to put on some weight, which throughout his career in college I havent seen him do. Im sure he can do it, its not hard haha. But hes a good player and aslong as he packs on some pounds he should be fine..

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
We have a perfect coach for Frye if he wants to gain some weight... his name is Mike Sweetney, im sure he can give him some pointers on what to order at McDonalds... jk... as long as you have the work ethic, you can get into the weight room, im sure guys like JYD, and Malik can get him pumping iron

gknick11

Benchwarmer
Here is nbadraft.net's "disclaimer," of sorts:

The NBADraft.net Mock Draft is a year round, continuosly updated projection of the NBA Draft.

While the NBA season is going on, the teams are projected in reverse order of record. Once the NBA season ends, the order of the teams from 15-60 are in place. After the May draft lottery, the official order of the draft is set.

The team needs are not factored into the mock draft until after the NBA season ends.

NBADraft.net has been the only site to project both the first and second rounds of the draft for the current and following year for the past 5 years.

Our projections are based on the opinions of the scouts that work for NBADraft.net, and the NBA and International scouts that we speak with.

To answer the original question, I think we should take:

Johan Petro, C, France.
Channing Frye, PF/C, Arizona.
Alan Anderson, SG, Michigan St.

gknick11

Benchwarmer
Here's how I think the draft will go, if Marvin Williams is in the draft. I include where teams will draft, but only as my opinion as to where they will finish. They could end up anywhere.

1. Atl. Hawks: Andrew Bogut, C, Utah.
2. Cha. Bobcats: Chris Paul, PG, Wake Forest.
3. N.O. Hornets: Marvin Williams, SF, UNC.
4. Utah Jazz: Deron Williams, PG, Illinois.
5. Por. Trailblazers: Martynas Andriuskevicius, C, Lithuania.
6. G.S. Warriors: Fran Vasquez, PF, Spain.
7. Mil. Bucks: Tiago Splitter, PF, Brazil.
8. Tor. Raptors: Nemanja Alexanderov, SF, Italy.
9. N.Y. Knicks: Johan Petro, C, France.
10. N.J. Nets: Chris Taft, PF, Pittsburgh.
11. L.A. Clippers: Rashad McCants, SG, UNC.
12. Orl. Magic: Danny Granger, SG/SF, New Mexico.
13. Atl. Hawks (from Boston via LAL): Raymond Felton, PG, UNC.
14. Min. Timberwolves: Charlie Villanueva, PF, Connecticut.
15. Tor. Raptors (from 76ers): Joey Graham, SF, OK St.
16. Ind. Pacers: Antoine Wright, SG, Texas A&M.
17. Pho. Suns (from Chicago): Kennedy Winston, SG, Alabama.
18. Cha. Bobcats (from Cleveland): Hakim Warrick, SF, Syracuse.
19. Orl. Magic (from Washington): Wayne Simien, PF, Kansas.
20. Den. Nuggets: Fransisco Garcia, SG, Louisville.
21. Bos. Celtics: CJ Miles, SG, High School.
22. Mem. Grizzlies: Jarrett Jack, PG, Georgia Tech.
23. Sac. Kings: Monta Ellis, SG, High School.
24. Hou. Rockets: Nate Robinson, PG, Washington.
25. Det. Pistons: Rudy Fernandez, SG, Spain.
26. Dal. Mavericks: Vladimir Veremeenko, SF/PF, Belarus.
27. Sea. Supersonics: Salim Stoudamire, SG, Arizona.
28. S.A. Spurs: Mickael Gelabale, SF, France.
29. N.Y. Knicks (from SA via Phoenix): Channing Frye, PF/C, Arizona.
30. Miami Heat: Ronny Turiaf, PF, Gonzaga.

Agree? Disagree?

NYKnicks15

Starter
i think if all of the players on that list put their name in for the draft, it will def. look something like that...cant say for certain but thats def. how im projecting it to look (with minor changes) but i mean you took into consideration who needs what and who will go higher then who...glad you didnt get too cocky and go with the 2nd round aswell haha

by the way thats EXACTLY how i want NYs picks to look, aswell as Charlottes. I think if Chris Paul goes he will be a Bobcat, and when Hakim Warrick goes he will be one aswell. I keep praising the bobcats because i like their future (not just because the capspace and picks) but because they did smart in the expansion and have a good core of young talent...Okafor, Wallace, Rush, Bogans, Ely, Kapono etc etc and with a lot of free agents coming up soon (when charlotte can actually spend) there future looks bright...

BUT VERY GOOD JOB! and ill help you out with updates once i get the word on a few more players declaring/undeclaring themselves for the draft... :thumbsup: :aplause:

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
I don't think Marvin Williams is going to the NBA. He is a great relationship with Roy Williams and is huge for my team. If Carolina doesn't win the championship this year (which they will win), then Felton and McCants are stayin also.IMO