Official Draft Thread

gknick11

Benchwarmer
Petro will be available. Utah needs a point guard really, really bad. They will take Deron Williams. Denver could trade up, but I don't see any team ahead of us trading with them unless they gave us both first rounders for a higher pick so they can select Petro. He would fit really nicely on that team, but he'd be better alongside Ariza and Lebron.

NYKnicks15

Starter
LeBron???

i think well get Petro as I stated the first day. Because we wont make the playoffs and alot of other teams need help in other areas..as I do agree with GKnick on that fact...ill have to disagree on the Channing Frye comment, hes a pretty good player just needs to bulk up...and you and me were the two picking Channing as our late first round right??...so was it a change of decision...OR did you say no because you think he meant as our first first rounder???

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
I just saw the MC all-star game. Zeke was there. gerald Green was huge. He was nailing 3's, dunking and doing everything. He was the MVP. He had won the dunk contest the other night. He didn't get as much time as the other guys but showed what a superstar he can really be. This guy is by far the most athletic kid in the draft. he's tall with a huge wingspan. Great shooter. He's not flashy and seems like a great mature leader. I think after this performance he'll definitly enter the draft and with no doubt he'll be a lottery pick. Believe it or not when this guy is compared to T-Mac during his hight school years this guy is better. He is as athletic as T-Mac but has a much better shot.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
I was watching the McDonalds All-American Game and he was really good. Another guy that impressed me was Josh McRoberts I think his name was. He was really good.

mrj18

Benchwarmer
gknick11 said:
Both are going to college. McRoberts is going to Duke and Green is going to Oklahoma State.
They could still jump ti the NBA if they want though.

I really think I'll choose Green than Frye in the 2nd round.

dacash

Benchwarmer
OK HERES WHAT IM THINKING,IVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR QUITE SOME TIME HERE IT IS AGAIN,KEEP KURT THOMAS(CHARLES OAKLEY TYPE PLAYER) TRADE FOR THE FOLLOWING TWO PLAYERS JAMAL MAGLORIE(FINALLY A REAL CENTER SINCE P EWING) AND LAMAR ODOM(THINK OF SCOTTIE PIPPEN WITH TWO MJS MARBURY AND CRAWFORD,PERFECT POINT FORWARD).IF WE HAVE ANY DRAFT PICKS LEFT . A LATE ROUND PG AND SECOND ROUND CENTRE OR VICE VERSA CHANNING FRYE,PG AARON MILES. HERES THE TEAM ID LIKE TO SEE
CENTRE:MAGLORIE ; FRYE
P FORWARD: K THOMAS ; SWEETNEY
S FORWARD:ODOM ; ARIZA
S GUARD: CRAWFORD ;EDDIE BASDEN
P GUARD: MARBURY ; AARON MILES
BACK UPS ALAN HOUSTON AND JYD
LOL AHHH TO DREAM TO DREAM THATS A NICE TEAM. STARTING 5 IS NICE BENCH IS NICE ,YOUNGSTERS ARE NICE NICE IM JUST DREAMING CAUSE THIS SEASON IS OVER

NYKnicks15

Starter
Nice possibly but how do you think we can come across that? its easier said then done to just dream up a roster with out working out the transactions...

from your roster it would mean we would use Tim Thomas, Penny Hardaway, Malik Rose and Mo Taylor to get Lamar Odom and Jamal Magloire...financially and sensabally the other teams wouldnt approve...Jamal Magloire is only a 4 year player, New Orleans is trying to get young and thats what he is, as much as Id like to see it, I just dont see it possibly happening...

dacash

Benchwarmer
oh dream destroyer :( ,im just putting something after years of fustration lol lol but lets see what isiagh has up his sleeve :lol:

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
dacash said:
oh dream destroyer :( ,im just putting something after years of fustration lol lol but lets see what isiagh has up his sleeve :lol:

I hope its something good. I have a feeling, if we don't get a top 5 pick, that he will trade up to try and get someone.

gknick11

Benchwarmer
I don't think we have the pieces to trade up in the draft. We did before Isiah made those deadline deals, but I don't think, even with our two first rounders, we have enough to get us into the top 5. Unless David Stern feels that we need one of the big men, then I could see it happening. Otherwise, no cheating will occur and we will be stuck with the 8th or 7th pick.

NYKnicks15

Starter
not sure what Stern thinks, i think LA and we have a better chance of getting longer because he knows the NBA cant stand with having those two franchises out of the playoffs...look for LA to get a boost up in the lottery atleast...

Edition 14 of my Today in NBA should be posted soon on the article spot, posted a RUMOR regarding Isiah's pick...take a look when it comes up...plus I need someone to design a picture/logo for my article that i can use every post...if anyones interested in making one or more than one id reallllllly appreciate it...thanks :) ...if theres more than one ill make a thread so people can vote on which one haha thanks again

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
sounds good, i am really anticipating this years draft, and any news on which firection isiah news, is good news,, thanks nyknicks15, i also think i could make a logo, but i probably wont do a great job... ill make one anyway though, lol