Favorite Player in NBA?

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Who is your favorite player in the NBA? Don't include anybody from the Knicks.

Mine would be Earl Boykins because he is small like me but has great desire,intensity and is very quick and a good scorer and passer.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
My favorite player has got to be Shaq.. he's the most dominant player in the league, and one of the most dominant ever, and he goes out there and haves fun.. That guy is great!!

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
kobe. hes a good guy who got a bad reputation. and until about 2 years ago (and before lebron), i thought he had a chance to become the greatest player ever.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yea i think he does get a bad rep, not because of the rape ordeal, but the way he approaches the game, the shaq, and phil thing, and just the way he acts.. he still has a shot at being one of the best all time, maybe not the best

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Kobe will never become the best. He ruined his own rep by chasing Shaq and Phil out of LA and making it his team. He is not ready for that responsibility. People are comparing him to MJ when he doesn't pass and play defense nearly as well as MJ did and overall is just not the team player. MJ could win his team a championship meanwhile Kobe just ran out the only shot he had at another championship.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Kobe has the ability to play defense and pass as well as MJ, as hes proven this year, but he needs the motivation,. and quite frankly its not there

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
he has the arrogance and killer instinct that mj had, i think hes just had a lot of other distractions and hasnt lived up to his potential the last few years. hes more than a scorer, he gets 6+ rebounds and 6+ assists a game, thats around what jordan had too. next year when hes got all the stuff behind him and maybe the lakers can add some more talent, i think kobe will have a breakout season, averaging 30+ points per game.

lebron will surpass both kobe and mj though. that guy is doing things at age 20 that neither mj or kobe could do. its sad though, because it seems like he isnt getting the same hype that mj got. whether or not anyone wants to admit it outloud, part of the reason mj was so "great" was because he was also a good looking guy. i read an article where a reporter said "when lebron is sitting on the bench in his street clothes, the only thing shining about him is the earrings he has on". its sad, but true - he doesnt have the same attractive look and swagger that mj had. i have a feeling hes not going to get as much endorsements or become as much of a fan favorite or become the same national icon that mj became, just because hes not that great looking. he seems like a nice guy (and humble (which is pretty refreshing to see consider most bball players with that are even remotely decent are extremely arrogant)). its too bad. i hope im proved wrong.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
(i really should check what i write for eggregious grammatical/spelling errors before i post, because after i look at what i post, i notice a bunch of mistakes...so sorry bout that)

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
a knick fan said:
. its sad though, because it seems like he isnt getting the same hype that mj got. .

What? Lebron has tons of hype. If you hear something about the NBA Lebron's name is always mentioned. In my opinion he has gotten more hype then MJ.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yeah, MJ didnt get his own "meonade flavored gum, or his own Sprite' Lebron Is getting paid more in endorsements that MJ got as his salary.. Lebron may be getting too much hype...

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
hes getting more money definetely, but thats just an inidicator of the state of the nba today. but little kids dont necessarily say " i wanna be just like lebron". if you asked somebody when mj was playing who their favorite player was, 90% or more would say it was mj. today, its definetely not 90% saying that lebrons their favorite player. and i dont think it will be even 5 years from now when hes compeltely dominating the league. he wont become the same icon jordan became, at least thats my individual prediction.

and exactly - "moeonade flavorade gum" - what the hell is that? lebron got sprite? it thought that was kobe. i havent seen lebron in a sprite commercial. jordan got the most famous corporate giants in america begging him to endorse their product. mcdonalds, hanes, etc. which big corporate giants (that are not athletic shoe companies) are asking lebron to endorse THEIR product?

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
Peach_NYK_21 said:
yea i think he does get a bad rep, not because of the rape ordeal, but the way he approaches the game, the shaq, and phil thing, and just the way he acts.. he still has a shot at being one of the best all time, maybe not the best

in his defense, though, jordan was just as arrogant (probably more) and nobody ever touched him. kinda reminds me of jose canseco in his book complaining that the media would never touch a cal ripken jr. no matter what he did. jordan got into fights with teammates and called them out (horace grant i remember complained a lot) too. and who can blame kobe for not wanting to be "robin" anymore. if jordan had a guy like shaq on his team when he was kobe's age and felt that he was ready to lead a team himself, maybe he would have done the same thing.

i think what kills kobe is that he has poor social skills. shaq is a very personable guy, kobe is not. he's more of a loner. but that doesn't make him a bad person.

when someone asked phil what book he would hypothetically recommend to kobe, he said "when bad things happen to good people". so even phil jackson obviously doesn't think kobe's a bad guy. he's just been made to come accross like that by the media and some bad incidents.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
and jordan cheated on his wife too (thats why they got divorced). kobe's not the only man in america who has cheated on his wife.

i BET shaq has too. the statement that "shaq paid women millions of dollars to keep quiet" is probably true.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
My favorite player in the NBA is Allan Houston. And I know everyone is gunna say that he's overpaid or he spends his time on the bench or whatever, but he's my favorite for a lot of reasons. First of all, at his prime, he was a great basketball player. I remember reading an article about clutch shooters a couple of years ago. It was about coaches voting for who they'd want to shoot the last shot. I'm pretty sure Allan was in top 5. He doesn't have a 20+ point career average, but everyones knows that you could rely on him. Another great thing about H20 is his personality. No one can deny the fact that he's a great person. I had a chance to chat with him when I was in New York, and he was really nice. He cares a lot about his family and he has a great Christian mentality. If you have any doubts, just go on to Allanhouston.com

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i dont think anyone here is arguing allan houston isnt good, hes just hurt.. im probably one of the most annoyed by this, if he is healthy he is great, and we have seen that in games this season... i dont want him to come back this season, he should take this season off and come back 110% next season