Paul Silas Fired

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Paul Silas was fired earlier this morning.What a stupid move.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/coaching_change_050321.html

March 21, Cleveland -- The Cleveland Cavaliers have announced that Paul Silas has been relieved of his duties as head coach. Assistant coach Brendan Malone will serve as the Cavaliers’ head coach. Cavaliers Owner Dan Gilbert and President and General Manager of Basketball Operations Jim Paxson made the announcement today.

Additionally, assistant coach Stephen Silas was dismissed from the staff. Kenny Natt will remain as an assistant coach.

Silas joined the Cavaliers as the 15th head coach in the team’s history on June 2, 2003. In his two seasons with the Cavs, he compiled a record of 69-77 (.473).

"I believe we needed to make this change to put the Cavaliers in the best position to make the playoffs and make the improvement we believe is possible," stated Cavaliers Owner Dan Gilbert.

Malone joined the Cavaliers on September 15, 2004 as an assistant coach. This season marks his 19th year of coaching in the NBA and nearly 40 years of coaching overall. Malone spent last season as an assistant for the New York Knicks following three seasons as an assistant coach with the Indiana Pacers.

"We have confidence in Brendan Malone and will support him completely. Brendan is an NBA veteran coach that has coached on championship teams and knows what needs to be done moving forward," stated Cavaliers President and General Manager of Basketball Operations Jim Paxson.

Prior to coming to Cleveland, Malone was the first-ever head coach of the expansion Toronto Raptors during the 1995-96 season and won a pair of World Championships as an assistant coach with the Detroit Pistons in 1989 and 1990. He has been an assistant coach in three NBA All-Star Games and worked as an assistant and head coach at the college level for nine seasons prior to entering the NBA.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Man i cant believe the Cavs would fire him basically over a 3 game loosing streak... they're still one of the best teams in the east... well there's another team in the running for Phil Jackson, and i can imagine the next MJ, (LeBron), will be very tempting to him.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
a coach firing usually seems to be a GOOD thing for the immediate short term at least. i dont think the cavs will miss a step, and they might actually play better and with more energy (and maybe make the new coach look good).

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
any team that has a player like LeBron can really make a coach look good... also imagine if the Cavs still had Boozer, what was he thinking passing up king james and the cavs??