Sig Tutorial

rady

Administrator
Staff member
How To Make a sig in 6 easy steps

Step 1:
Open a new session: Go to File -> New (CTRL+N) and choose the size of your sig. The one i created in this tutorial has the size of a web banner (468x60 pixels)
Step_1.gif

Step 2:
Fill the new blank image with a color: Edit -> Fill -> OK
Step_2.gif

Step 3:
Open an image you want to work with, any image with any player that you want to have on your sig, and then easily delete the background with the eraser, so that only him will remain visible
Step_3.gif

Step 4:
Copy the image and then paste it on the first colored image.
Step_4.gif

Step 5:
You can adjust the size of the player by pressing CTRL+T (Free Transfrom)
Step_5.gif

Step 6:
After that, you might wanna have some text on it, so go to the text tool (T from the left menu) and type something on the colored background
Almost done, if you want to put some effects on it, you have on the right bottom side a window with about 3 tabs (Layers, Channels, Paths)
The one that is active should be the layers one, so you can right click on the text layer and go to Blending Options, as seen in the image. From there you can put glow, shaddows, etc

After you finished, go to file - > save as for the web - -> choose the format (gif or jpg) and save it
Step_6.gif

Voila, there you have your first graphic
Voila.gif

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, this is my first tuotrial, i hope you got the main ideas :)

These are just the basics, you can of course play more with the background.. and for example you can paste first an image with the city, like 1s1ah did with his sig

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
the sig tutorial also helped me make my new sig.. i just had to make new dimensions... thanks rady this helped me out ALOT!!

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yeah i made the avitar.... i just took the three pictures, and lined them up.. it was much easier than the sig where i had to erase the backgrounds and everything

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Wow, those are really nice but the 4th link doesn't work. It takes you to the image shack website.

How do you put writing like the person's name and stuff on the sig?