Damon Stoudamire a knick???

should isiah make damon stoudamire a knick?

• we need results now offer him our mid level exception

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rather get a young player who can bloom into a starter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
alright im sure uve all read the article about how damon said hed love to be a knick. I was just curious about what u guys thought? Personally i think with houston being iffy i think we need a good three point shooter in our arsenal, and thats where damon stoudamire can fill gaps. On offense right now whast our biggest problem... beating the zone, shooters beat zones....without houston we have no shooters. Go for stoudamire and a second round gaurd with the draft pick as well i say, and dont resign jermaine jackson and penny to meet roster limit. Helps us cap wise as well

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
I would love to get Damon Stoudamire over here. He is a great shooter and has good quickness. Sure, get him over here. If we can get him for cheap.

gknick11

Benchwarmer
We still have Penny on the books next year. The only way we wouldn't have him is if we either bought him out or traded him. And the only way I'd be willing to accept Damon is if we had a big center, like Johan Petro, then it could be a good signing. But right now, our team is too small to compete with the bigger teams. And adding Mighty Mouse wouldn't help much in that catagory.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i would have loved to get damon stouadmire at the BEGINNING of the season, because he has a contract that expires. but now hes 30+, only 5'10, and as a small guy, his game will deteriorate quickly here on in in his career.

but if we could have traded penny for damon, id love to do that, or even get rid of any other bums on our team that get paid too much.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I think Stoudemire would be good at a mid level exception, because if he doesn't fit, he's easier to trade in a package of some sort. I also think that with another PG of that caliber, fans are ensured that Crawford & Marbury play better, be cause both then realize that they can become expendable. Which will hopefully keep both guys more hungry than either has seemed this year. I think Damon is a better leader as well, so he would be a guy that would be more vocal.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Damon would be a great backup guard for Steph.. He can shoot the ball and penetrate well. He could also help us in close games with that incredible free throw shooting.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
definently.. i would feel a lot better in tight games, giving steph a rest down the stretch, knowing damon's running the show.. not Jermaine Jackson

NYKnicks15

Starter
i think if we get him it will be good for the bench. as a leader? no.

Peach i think mistakenly had it right..
if we can get hi
...isnt this guy the one who turned the Portland Trailblazers into the "PotLand Blazers"??? hes the guy who took attention away from his team with his childlike drug use. a leader? not in the least.

stats? hes very over rated as a "great shooter"...hmm .410FG% and .362 3PT% for his career...good but clutch or great?? no hes not in the top 50 for any...besides for attempts of the 3pts (and makes but if you shoot alot your eventually going to make alot)...

im not saying hes bad but for a 10 year, 5'10 PG should we be overly eager to spend all of our midlevel exception on him??? not in the least...

if we can get him for 2 million, then pull that trigger...but there will be other teams going after him (Lakers. Rockets. etc.) so anything higher (no pun intended)? no, well atleast not to me

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
You don't win rookie of the year for fun. I think Damon is a great point guard, and I think that his abilty to strech defences with a more consistant jumper would help the Knicks. If you think that I'm wroung look at Marbury Vs. Damon

Damon Vs. Marbury
FG% 3p% FT% FG% 3p% FT%
.400 .391 .928 .459 .317 .832

with better players Damon would seemingly be better than Marbury in our offense. Plus he got better court vision. I think the knicks can't lose to have 2 starters. Plus, if you don't realize, Damon was there reason why the Raptors beat the Bulls & MJ In 96 & 97, both years the Bulls went on to win the NBA title. Just a thought.

NYKnicks15

Starter
first off the past is the past and second do you mean in season games? Do you know how many season games there are anyone can beat anyone on any given night...and in 06 aswell as 07 Stoudamire was not the only name on that team...

and i do think we realize he was there but so was Chauncey Billups, Doug Christie, Marcus Camby, Alvin Williams oh and a guy i think hes still around his names Tracy McGrady! in 97...in 96 they still had a starting lineup that included Camby and Christie

hes a good player but do i think we good give up are whole mid level exception for him no, i think 2.5 is where we draw the line...

and dont minipulate the stats man...marbury has better field goal percentage (by .62)..more steals..more assists...i dont understand howd he be seemingly better??

were talking about the same guy who played with Camby, Christie, McGrady, Billups, Grant, Kemp, Rider, D. Davis, Pippen, Smith, JJackson, Randolph, R. Wallace, Miles, Wells, J. O'Neal over his career and ur saying he needs better players???

lets just not go overboard, good player? yes. good shooter? yes. but worth enough to say hed be better then marbury for us?? no...stoudamire when averaging 35 mpg adds 6.6 apg (career total)...marbury 8.3...

lets just not go overboard...

dacash

Benchwarmer
personally i feel his time has passed,i say we draft a young pg but him behind marbury. let him develop .stop wasting the knicks money on has been talents. jarrett jack jarrett jack jarrett jack

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
The Knicks have guys that can hit open jumpers like KT, TT, H20, Malik Rose. Now you lookn at the Blazers and they have a host of guys that can't hit open jumpers like Darius Miles, Rubenn Patterson, etc. yet he still manages to pull down 5.5 APG. Oh by the way, Damon stodemire carried the Raptors in those games. As a Guy who personally was at one game, how could you tell me he didn't make a difference? Oh next time you rattle of who was on the roster, check your facts. Alvin Williams was traded for Damon. They could have never played together. Tracy McGrady was a rookie. He didn't play 3 Mins in the game. The Knicks lose games cause Marbury doesn't lead. 31 Pts, again the Knicks lose. The difference is Damon takes good shots, while Marbury throws up bad shots with 15 plus seconds on are shot clock (See the Golden State low-lights for evidence, it happened about four times). So anyone who thinks a PG shouldn't lead on the floor please see Steve Nash. Someone said that Marbury is like Oscar Robertson becaause of the 20 & 8. I say they're wrong. The Big O actually one and made others around him better. I say damon is better at decision making. I'd rather pay him 2.5 to 3.5 million and deal Marbury and his bloated salary (14 625 000). Plus the Marbury factor says if we trade him, we'll win more games next year. Ask Phx & NJ if they're sad he's gone. As well Jermaine O'Neal was a deveolping player, Kemp and Pippen were near the end of their respective careers, and weren't half as affective as they used to be.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
dacash said:
personally i feel his time has passed,i say we draft a young pg but him behind marbury. let him develop .stop wasting the knicks money on has been talents. jarrett jack jarrett jack jarrett jack

Yah, I have watched a lot of G-Tech games and Jack is really good. I think we should go after a center first and then get a guard to backup Marbury.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Nah, I would rather get a center and a guard in the draft. Those are both young players and both of their teams are young so I don't think they would want to get rid of them that easily.