GAME THREAD: NYK VS. NJN: 4/1/05: LOSS (93-91)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

kolnyk36fg.gif
VS
kolnjn25hj.gif

NEW YORK KNICKS (29-41) VS NEW JERSEY NETS (33-38 )

stephon_marbury.jpg
vs
jason_kidd.jpg
STEPHON MARBURY vs. JASON KIDD
jamal_crawford.jpg
vs
jacque_vaughn.jpg
JAMAL CRAWFORD vs. JACQUE VAUGHN
tim_thomas.jpg
vs
vince_carter.jpg
TIM THOMAS vs. VINCE CARTER
mike_sweetney.jpg
vs
jason_collins.jpg
MIKE SWEETNEY vs. JASON COLLINS
kurt_thomas.jpg
vs
nenad_krstic.jpg
KURT THOMAS vs. NENAD KRSTIC

Knicks Team Stats[align=right:a96d721a02]TV: MSG, NBALP[/align:a96d721a02]
Nets Team Stats[align=right:a96d721a02]RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am[/align:a96d721a02]

NYKnicks15

Starter
as much as i want to make it to the lottery id always take a win over New Jersey...i hate NJ!!! anyway GO KNICKS!

look at Krstic hes so goofy looking man haha :lol:

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
lol, he has a bandaid over his eye, he does look doofy... well, i think this is going to be a very good game, as we have had a lot of games over the week, we now have rest, and should be able to exploit some matchups.... i think sweetney can post up collins, and krstic is going to be reluctant to come out and guard KT, so we should be able to get him out of the paint, or get KT his shots, its going to be a good game

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
There is this one Net fan at my school and he pisses me off so much. Whenever he passes me he goes, "Lets Go Knicks" in a sarcastic way and I just want to punch him in the face. Anyway, I want to go to the lottery and get a great pick but losing to the Nets sucks.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yeah, lets just hope we'll win this for bragging rights, then we wont have to go punching net fans.. even though that might be fun.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i think it will be a tight game.. as long as sweets and Kt dont get in foul trouble early, i think we can take this easily... i say 105-98, they get back in the game late, but marbury has a great battle with kidd

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Stephhooonnn Maaarbburryyy!!! what a sequence to end the first quarter.. crawford missed a floater, vaughn was taking it up court, then stolenby marbury who banked in a three from wayy down town.. he is a beast, knicks up 23-18 at the end of the furst qurater

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Yah, that was crazy. First of all, Crawford should have made that layup and then Marbury comes out of now where and gets the steal. Then he just gets the longg three up and banks hit home.Wow, what a turn of events at the end of the first quarter. We have to carry this momentum into the second quarter and second half.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Well we just lost a heartbreaker. Damn, I want to go to the lottery but a tough loss like this still stings.

Did you see at the end, Malik was held by Vince.

Trin_Starr

Starter
That shit pissed me off.
Carter was holding friggin Rose down, and the refs didn't call shit - It would have been an easy tip in for Malik because there was still 1.5s on shot clock when the ball hit the rim.

But it may as well be a blessing in disguise cause we have just increased our chances of getting a higher pick in the draft. :)

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
lol and to think that abuncha people were blaming marbury for the knicks problems and saying hes not a leader n such

if it wasnt for him, the knicks would have won 2 games this year :) this guys a BEAST