Split Topic: NBA TV & League Pass

gknick11

Benchwarmer
It's worth it. I hate the fact that I can only see theonce a year in person, but maybe next year I'll go up to Seattle, also. I think I'll invest in League Pass, too. I HIGHLY recomend it. Worth the $189.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
with league pass, do you get every single game for every team.. or do you only get the Knicks or team of your choice??

gknick11

Benchwarmer
Every game. I repeat. EVERY GAME. It is worth it. There isn't much to do, but it's better than Idaho and Wyoming. Everyone seems to get the wrong perception about Oregon. Every out-of-state person I talk to thinks that Oregon is desert and a boring state. It's not that bad. The weather can suck, but west of the Cascade range is where all the fun is. Eugene is a really cool place, but growing up here has gotten to me. I think that Syracuse is in my eyesight. Better get some warm clothes. But league pass is worth it. Go to a sports bar. They most likely have league pass. Even both of my Uncle's bars have league pass, as well as NFL Sunday Ticket and the Major League package. But league pass, in my eyes, is worth it. Either DirectTV or whatever cable company out in NY should have league pass available to buy.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
$189 (per year?) and you get any game you want from the current season?

gknick11

Benchwarmer
Yup. ANY GAME. I'm never home because of it. There's always an East Coast game, like ORL-CHA, at 4:00, or 7:00 eastern time, and there's always a West Coast game, like DEN-UTA, on at 7:30, or 10:30 eastern. It's worth it. If you like certain players that you only get a couple chances to watch, like Raja Bell or Dirk or whoever, then if you have league pass, you can watch them whenever they are on. You don't have to wait for them to come on TNT or ESPN or ABC. I think NBA TV comes with it, also. If not, then get that as well. They are all worth it. NBA TV usually shows at least one game a night, sometimes two, sometimes none. But it shows Euro games, sometimes. I saw Tiago Splitter for the first time on NBA TV. He's pretty good. But for next season, get the Pass. It will be worth it.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Yeah, theres one big advantage to living on the west coast.. you can get home from work/school, make a sandwich and theres a game on.. then later that night at 7-8ish you get more games... unlike on the east coast where its games at night, and then games 10.. ionly stay up for big games

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
I try to stay up for every game but I have school in the morning so I just watch lets say the first half. Then flip on the radio and listen to the second half. (This is for west-coast games). People who live on the west-coast are lucky.

gknick11

Benchwarmer
With some things, we are. TV schedules are set up primarily for people east of the Mississippi River. But with the NBA, I admit, we get the better end of it.

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea i dont tend to watch any other games besides for Knicks games, and im to cheap to pay the 2 dollars to get MSG added haha i just watch it for free the following day cause MSG replays the Knicks game the following days at 12 so i usually go to sleep and just catch those for free...or tivo...ah the power of TIVO! :)

yea NBATV is great, especially the international show..189 thats if u love all teams man, i dont think id pay for that when id fall asleep during them and just catch the highlights for free.. :lol:

gknick11

Benchwarmer
I think it's worth it, but that's just my opinion. I hate a few teams, but if they're playing teams w/ players that I like then I'll go over to my friend's house to watch them. But otherwise I'll just read the results in the paper.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
when you think about it, 189 bucks isnt that much.. i love the NBA, and having the power to watch any game at anytime is great..its a nice deal, and when im old enough, like after college and stuff, ill definently take it into consideration.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Yah, $189 to watch any game at any time. That is a really good deal. Is there any special shows or something that can only be seen with league pass?

gknick11

Benchwarmer
I think you can, but at the same time, I'm not sure. I think that you can get NBA TV with another package for something like an extra 10 bucks, but I'm not sure. I'll ask my friends today, and get back on that.