free agency

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
I was just checking the free agency list when I realized that we could possibly sign Samuel Dalembart to become our next center and there are also some very good packup pg possibilities such as frank williams, howard eisley, dan dickau and chris duhon. what do you guys think.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
lol, howard eisley.. he gets paid like 30 million to be a crappy backup.. if we ever sign him, im not even sure what i would do... i would love frank williams again, and dalembart is a very good choice if we can get him... he and frank williams would be my dream, along with drafting a center...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
dalembert is a pretty dominant D and rebounded, not so much a scorer tho but who cares. id rather have a talented center on D than an undersized crappy one.

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea just say no to Dalembert. when it comes to free agency we only have 5 million dollars which everyone knows so being reasonable we have to pick up what we need. Now saying we fix our problem at Center threw a mix of trade and draft...we need to go for a back up guard...heres some reasonable possiblites...

Guards
Eddie House..Kareem Rush...Frank Williams...Chris Duhon...Kenny Andersen...Tryonn Lue...DeMarr Johnson..Wesley Person..Earl Boykins..Smush Parker...Andre Barrett...Damon Jones...Dan Dickau..Kyle Korver...Damon Stoudamire

seeing most of them will be picked back up by there team id have to go with Damon Stoudamire and if he is signed elsewhere we go with Eddie House...

now if we play our cards right well still have 2.5 million left in FA$$$ so what about KEON CLARK!! everyones forgot about him, from what I hear and Isiah tends to keep in touch with him...why not him as a backup Center?

My ultimate dream would be Eddy Curry for possibly Kurt Thomas, our 2nd first round pick and 06 first rounder (thats prolly how wed get him)...sign Keon Clark and Damon Stoudamire...

C Eddy Curry
C Keon Clark
C Johan Petro
PF Mike Sweetney
PF Malik Rose
PF Mo Taylor
SF Tim Thomas
SF Trevor Ariza
SF Jerome Williams
SG Jamal Crawford
SG Allan Houston
SG BJ Elder
PG Stephon Marbury
PG Penny Hardaway
PG Damon Stoudamire

what a beautiful 15 man roster haha we can dream right??

gknick11

Benchwarmer
Philly intendeds to resign Dalembert at any cost. Before we talk about free agancy though, we need to decide who we need to get in the draft. With a lotto pick all but guarenteed by the loss to the Nets, we need to focus on who we're gonna draft. Whatever position we don't draft is certainly what we're going after in free agency. I want us to get Johan Petro, and then sign a defensive minded guard, like Raja Bell, the shooting guard from Utah. He is still fairly young, only in his mid-late 20s. He could be had for the LLE, the same contract we signed Michael Doleac to a few years ago. This would be a good lineup:
Marbury/?
Crawford/Houston/Bell
Thomas/Ariza/Williams/Hardaway
Thomas/Rose/Taylor
Petro/Sweetney/Butler

Not great, but a little better than what we have now.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
Eddie House..Kareem Rush...Frank Williams...Chris Duhon...Kenny Andersen...Tryonn Lue...DeMarr Johnson..Wesley Person..Earl Boykins..Smush Parker...Andre Barrett...Damon Jones...Dan Dickau..Kyle Korver...Damon Stoudamire

id take house, rush, williams, duhon, demarr, boykins, barrett, dickau or damon

gknick11

Benchwarmer
House is another undersized scoring guard that doesn't D up. Rush could be had but is fairly small.Frankie could be had. I wouldn't mind him backin' up Stephon. Duhon will resign with Chicago unless they can get a big shooting guard like Joe Johnson. Dermarr won't sign with us. Even though he played for us before, i don't see us resigning him. Boykins isn't a free agent. We already cut Barrett eariler in the preseason. Dickau wouldn't fit well with our team.He wouldn't get enough minutes to be productive. Stoudamire couuld be our, but I wouldn't want to spend the MLE on him. Just my opinion though.

NYKnicks15

Starter
well draft talk goes in the official draft thread...

and about Duhon, if he asks for 1.61 million a year Chicago cant afford him, they can only pay 1.6 or lower

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
First sign Dalembert. Then trade kurt + crawford for Artest. Then draft Gerlad Green to start at sg. Then sign Frank williams as backup pg. We can also include sweetney in the artest trade (kurt + crawford + sweets + our second first round pick for Artest and Indiana's first round pick ) so that we can also draft Petro ( were he really belongs from about 13-17).

Starting lineup next season:

Marbury PG
Gerald Green SG
Ron Artest SF
Johan Petro PF (in an interview in the draft thread he said he would prefer to play pf)
Dalembert C

Man that would be the best front court and backcourt in the league. Young Athletec, defense, tall, potentiol, blocking, not overpaid and very realistic. :)

NYKnicks15

Starter
Kurt Thomas, Mike Sweetney, Jamal Crawford for Ron Artest and a 1st Round pick???? What are you smoking? Our players added up would equal roughly 15 million...Ron Artest gets paid roughly 6...also that would be simply horrible. I like Artest as much as the next guy but 3 good players for one sometimes sane sometimes focused player doesnt equal up...

Ill have to disagree any front court that has Samuel Dalembert will never be named best anywhere.

Gerald Green is going to college.

I agree with one thing, Frank Williams..

lets think reasonable here...

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Yah, that trade would be horrible. We would be giving up a solif veteran, and 2 up and comins stars for a player that cant keep his composer and a first rounder. No thanks. I'll keep Sweets and Craw.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yeah, sweetney has only one big flaw.. foul trouble, and when he gets over that, he should be great in the long run, we shouldnt quickly get rid of him, and watch him flourish on another team.. this guy is a keeper

gknick11

Benchwarmer
Is Chris Wilcox a free agent? If so, I wouldn't mind if we tried to after him. He put up some nice numbers today. So they were playing the Hawks. He was putting up the same numbers earlier in the season when he was starting while Kaman was hurt. He's pretty athletic, and has decent size at 6-10 and 260. Could play center in the East. Anyone else like him?

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea we talked about him prior on another thread i believe..
my general feeling about him is he is athletic and 6-10 which is a decent size, but you say he can play C in the East...Mohammed was 6-10 he didnt fair offly well. They both have that thin frame too theres nothing bulk or strong about them. If we take and keep all three draft picks and keep the roster the way it is (with letting Butler, Jackson and Sundov go of course) we only have 1 spot left on the roster...i think thats why we were heading more towards a guard...but well have to wait until after the draft to see what we need or evaluate the talent properly i suppose...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
what was mohammeds weight? and i think he was an adequate center....not super but came close to a double double a night

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
pyotrveliky said:
what was mohammeds weight? and i think he was an adequate center....not super but came close to a double double a night

Mohammed is 250 LBS and I agree with you. He was a great rebounder and put up decent points.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i loved mohammed, its really tough to see him go, we just have to hope the guy we draft, or trade for this offseason is better,