allan houston

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
could he pull a grant hill next year? nobody thought hill could come back and play at an elite level. i think houston is similar to hill in the sense that he's hard working, has a good head on his shoulders, and doesnt necessarily rely on sole athleticism to be a good player. H20 seems to be flying under the radar, i wonder if next season we will all be pleasantly surprised to see him putting up 15-20 points per game.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
a knick fan said:
could he pull a grant hill next year? nobody thought hill could come back and play at an elite level. i think houston is similar to hill in the sense that he's hard working, has a good head on his shoulders, and doesnt necessarily rely on sole athleticism to be a good player. H20 seems to be flying under the radar, i wonder if next season we will all be pleasantly surprised to see him putting up 15-20 points per game.
I really really really hope that he pulls another Grant Hill. Like a knick fan said, Allan isnt an athletic type player so I think there's a good chance of him coming back. He just has to get his shot and rhythm back. Good Luck Allan!!!!!!!

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
That would be great if Houston could come back and have a great season. I miss having that jumphot around, Marbury would have some help on the offensive end.

Sure he'll pull a Grant Hill. In Hill's third year after injury he played 29 games. I think Houston has a chance to meet that, before his knee starts acting up. Needless to say I'm not optomistic on his return from microfracture surgery

If H20 retires early this summer, he'll save the Knicks a year off his contract, while he gets paid the full amount. If he can't play that would be the best thing he could do for his team. I think the deadline according to the current CBA is July 1st, but I could be wrong.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
wait the deadline for the CBA? you're saying houston should go and play in the CBA? cuz thats a huge mistake, he either plays for us, or he sits on the sideline and rests.. no reason messing him up for no reason

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'd love to see Houston make a comeback like Grant Hill, but I'm not that hopefull. Houston's pure shot is something the Knicks have missed all season. Because the Knicks didn't have a good outside scoring threat, they could never spread the defense of the other team, making it especially tough for the guys up front to score and rebound.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
it was so awesome for those games houston was with us.. he was taking away double teams from sweetney, and the other big men, hitting shots.. and just making the knicks a real interesting team.. ashame hes an old man, jk... i really want him to play a whole season before he retires, that way i can apreciate him one last time.

Peach_NYK_21 said:
wait the deadline for the CBA? you're saying houston should go and play in the CBA? cuz thats a huge mistake, he either plays for us, or he sits on the sideline and rests.. no reason messing him up for no reason

CBA = collective bargaining agreement.

Meaning if H20 retires before a certain date, the Knicks get under his contract a year early.

a knick fan said:
does allan houston have the same injury that jason kidd had? or is it different?

Kidd, Webber, and Houston all had microfracture surgery. However the severity can vary as can the healing process. In that link above I listed a few players that had it, some successfully, others not.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
KnickerBlogger said:
CBA = collective bargaining agreement.

Meaning if H20 retires before a certain date, the Knicks get under his contract a year early.

haha.. yeah i thought so, i couldnt get it through my mind why you would mention the cba, but that makes a lot more sense