poll on knicksonline and nyknicks

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
why does everything marbury was the best player this season..... i absolutey would go with kurt thomas, one of like 9 players averageing a double double the only knick starter who knows what defense is by far having his best season ever. Marbury although ahd a good season lost us alot of games with his selfishness, not to mention he i was a horrible perimiter defense player this entire season. Kurt thomas was our only given this season, you could count on him to give u a double a high fg%, take care of his man on defense, and give us some energy.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
marbury wins about 10 times more games than he loses, so nobody should be complaining about that.. the games are his to win, and his to lose, and sometimes the shots dont fall, but he usually has a way of getting to the basket, and the line.... but yes i agree with you Kurt Thomas was the best Knick this season, only due to the fact he had his best season of his career.. marbury is still a better player than him, but again, that is hard to judge becasue they play different positions.. i guess the best way to put it, is that they do what is required of them, well

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
i think i bigger problem then them two is crawford, he has had a really dissapointing seasonwith some really nice highlights in my eyes

pbjb14 said:
why does everything marbury was the best player this season..... i absolutey would go with kurt thomas, one of like 9 players averageing a double double the only knick starter who knows what defense is by far having his best season ever. Marbury although ahd a good season lost us alot of games with his selfishness, not to mention he i was a horrible perimiter defense player this entire season. Kurt thomas was our only given this season, you could count on him to give u a double a high fg%, take care of his man on defense, and give us some energy.

Best season? His per game stats are up because he's playing more minutes than he ever has. However his per-minute stats are down straight across the board: points, free throws, fg%, offensive boards, etc. His best seasons were from '01-'03, but clearly he's regressed since then. I haven't been too fond of his defense this year either. He's awful against PFs that can shoot from the outside, which is ironic because that's Kurt's forte.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
theres alot more to haveing a career season then numbers, im sure a majority of people on the site will agree that kurt has stepped up this season more then ever. I have never seen him this on point defensively and his jumper this perfect.

dacash

Benchwarmer
i think what they r saying is kthomas played a better all round game than marbury.sure his points was there but kurt was the onlky defensive force we had. and lets not forgetr that he was again asked to gaurd ppl that were 2 to 3 inches taller than him and still gave his all. marbury as we all know isnt a leader,and disappears on defense and at times in the clutch dosent demand the ball.shame he will prpbably be traded

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
ok. im saying he had highlights but u cant deny this isnt the kind of season u wanted from him eratic shooting and rare defense

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
definantly not, but these last games and this offseason should see his improvement in those areas.. this offseason is going to be one to remember