jamal crawford - overrated?

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
the shooting guard should typically be the best offensive threat on a team. a good shooting guard can get 20 points, 6 rebs and 6 assists a game and play good defense.

jamal crawford only gets the 20 points a game. he doesnt rebound well at his position, doesn't pass the pall particularly well, and does not play good defense.

paul pierce, ben gordon, lebron james, michael finley, jerry stackhouse, carmelo anthony, rip hamilton, jason richardson, tmac, kobe, d wade, m redd, etc are all better players. crawford is an AVERAGE shooting guard (maybe thats even a stretch), and my guess is that he will NEVER become an elite player. he's been in the league long enough. by the time a player hits 25, if he still hasnt become a star, it will never happen. even players that came out of high school like kg, tmac and kobe all achieved a great deal of success by 25. crawford didn't, and he wont.

its funny how isiah becommes so enamored wiht certain players (marbury, crawford) that no other gm's in the league seem to really care about. if any other gm actually likes crawford, i would gladly trade him (for the right players of course).

dacash

Benchwarmer
we all know isiah is a great evaluator of talent.i think he is enamoured of crawfords talent and he is talented.is explosive can pass can shoot,and he is young and coachable.i think if they work on his weakness,short selection and defense he will be an elite player.

NYKnicks15

Starter
i think the part about Isiah is right, he is a good talent evaluater BUT on this case I think he mite have jumped the gun a little. Acquiring JCrawford was a good idea but for a contract like that? not at all..

and there is a difference between WILL and COULD. And right now all I see in Jamal is COULD. Potential. Will is a strong word and like a Knick Fan said hes going on his 5th year and still hasnt became an all around player. Maybe another year will help him develop? Who Knows? But as of now hes not getting much better...

NJ_Knick

Rookie
YeS he is!! Ur not a complete player until u cover both ends of the court!! I hope he steps it up!!

he needs to do more in da paint 2!!

mrj18

Benchwarmer
Crawford isn't overrated. In fact, I think he's underrated. People judge him especially cats that don't watch him on a consistent basis. First of all one of the main reasons he's been struggling is because he's playing out of position!!! He plays against players who are either taller or stronger or even both. He has to take some of the bad shots he takes some times. Do you know how intimidating that can be sometimes? Crawford played SG and is only 190 pounds! Also Crawford has so much potential. Many people knock him for some of the shots he takes, but he is also a good passer and is a great scorer. He's gotten me mad over some of the stuff he's done with us this season, but I think we all need to give him a break!

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
crawford has to play sg cuz i dont think he can handle the responsibilites of being a fulltime PG. i think by now its clear hes not going to be a superstar SG but he can put up solid points. if he works on shot selection and passing he can reach at least average status.

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15 said:
i think the part about Isiah is right, he is a good talent evaluater BUT on this case I think he mite have jumped the gun a little. Acquiring JCrawford was a good idea but for a contract like that? not at all..

and there is a difference between WILL and COULD. And right now all I see in Jamal is COULD. Potential. Will is a strong word and like a Knick Fan said hes going on his 5th year and still hasnt became an all around player. Maybe another year will help him develop? Who Knows? But as of now hes not getting much better...

Wow, I know im commenting late on this, but I think I should say something anyway. Yes Crawford has been in the league for 5 years, but he was stuck on the bench for his first 3. He probly avg'd around 15-20 mpg in those first 3 years. Now look at him. He's getting starts and more minutes. He's still learning.He wasn't given a fair chance in Chi, and now he's here and he's enjoying himself. He's only 24. The contract Zeke signed him too was 56million for 6 years. Thats not bad considering some of the stuff we've seen so far. I wont be surprised if Crawford becomes a 20-5-5 player next season. He just needs to bulk up some more and have a good supporting cast, which he has. People in CHI kept doubting him. They kept shunting him aside for other players like Jay Williams, and Kirk Hinrich. Now as fans of the Knicks we need to put our faith in him, because he is a very special talent.