[NYPost] Steph: Blame Me For Awful Season

rady

Administrator
Staff member
If you must slap the blame on him for this grotesque Knick season that ends tonight, Stephon Marbury said he'll accept it, right or wrong.

Though he indicated he can't do it all himself and made an interesting reference to Phoenix star Steve Nash, Marbury understands.

"When you don't win, it doesn't matter," Marbury said before being benched in the fourth quarter of last night's 92-91 loss to the Bulls. "It's all about getting W's. The way I look at it, if I average 12 or 15 points and we win 63 games, then I'm an MVP candidate."

Full Story

I can see how he would feel he has to do it all by himself, but that is both the consequence as well as the root of the problem. The more he acts like that the worse things will get. He has to at some point get the other guys involved if he wants to be considered great...........

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
BlondieLuvsMalik said:
I can see how he would feel he has to do it all by himself, but that is both the consequence as well as the root of the problem. The more he acts like that the worse things will get. He has to at some point get the other guys involved if he wants to be considered great...........

I totally agree. When Steph tries to do it alone, the knicks usually lose. He is much more effective when he gets others involved. 8 or more assists from Steph usually means a knicks win.