Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: ANY TRADE IDEAS THAT MIGHT HELP THE KNICKS NEXT YEAR

Hybrid View

Default ANY TRADE IDEAS THAT MIGHT HELP THE KNICKS NEXT YEAR

I WAS THINKING MAYBE COREY MEGGETTE (if thats how u spell it) FOR CRAWFORD AND ARIZA. I THINK MEGGETTE AND STEPH WOULD BE VERY GOOD IN THE BACK COURT

this is wat i think we should do this summer....draft chris taft and fransico garcia or jarret jack...trade penny in da quickness...if the right deal comes trade tim thomas wit him(even though i think tim thomas would show his skills next year)....wit tha trade try to get a explosive SF who can run wit marbury and crawford....sign chris wilcox....get back frank williams....to top this all off i would want alan houston back healthy cuz i think crawford is better off the bench

like ive said many times: trade for lamar odom and jamaal maglorie.odom and maglorie,odom and maglorie,odom and maglorie

Here's one I like:
    Stephon Marbury
    Kurt Thomas

to L.A. Lakers for

Brian Grant
    Chucky Atkins
    Luke Walton
    2005 Lottery Pick

I know I'm going to get a lot of bashing from you guys for this one so I'll explain my point of view real quick.
    Marbury is a good player, but I don't know if he has what it takes to lead us. Plus his contract is expiring all the way in 2009 and Kurt Thomas too. With Grant we get a contract expiring early and it will loook like this for us in 2007:
    Grant 15 million
    Houston 20 million
    Taylor 10 million
    Shandon Anderson 7 million
    Total = 52 million off the cap.

And in 2006 we have Penny Hardaway and Tim Thomas coming off the books too.
    Total = 30 million

Total in 2 years = 82 million
    Around that time free agents like James, Wade, Milicic (he can be nice), Hinrich, Josh Howard, Chris Kaman, Carmelo Anthony, Magloire, Bosh will all be available. We will also have a nice core of young players too so it won't be all that bad. We won't be in cap hell anymore and won't do all that bad.

Thoughts?

the knicks will not trade starbury this offseason thats 100%. i say we get our draft picks then see what we can do. the thing the knicks should do is get rid of all this money. get under the cap which would be like in 3 or 4 years and then get some good free agents. new york atracts so many free agents but they cant come here becasue of the cap and a sign and trade wont work all the tme. WE NEED TO GET UNDER THE CAP TO BE A WINNING TEAM.

Originally Posted by JJtheKnick
    the knicks will not trade starbury this offseason thats 100%. i say we get our draft picks then see what we can do. the thing the knicks should do is get rid of all this money. get under the cap which would be like in 3 or 4 years and then get some good free agents. new york atracts so many free agents but they cant come here becasue of the cap and a sign and trade wont work all the tme. WE NEED TO GET UNDER THE CAP TO BE A WINNING TEAM.
    Trading Starbury will help us get under the cap sooner!

Veteran

no offense but you cant have it both ways. either one steph is gone and we try to go under the cap OR we do whats going to happen and worry about trades we can make with what we have.

marbury will not go. unless some crazy trade comes along.
    houston will not go. no one will take him anytime soon.

you have to work with the possible. obviously sundov will be gone. jackson and butler. so our trading paws our going to be kurt, sweets, jamal (not sure who would take him), tim, penny, taylor, jerome and maybe malik.

think logical. we are NOT going to be under the cap anytime soon. that is NOT Isiahs goal NOR any other GM who comes into NY. as much as it seems "like the right idea".

If Phil goes back to LA which he will most likely, he wants Odom there. They wont trade him unless they find out Phil's not going there.

So you have to look at the disgruntled, the free agents, the players we have a chance at.

Iglauskas is a huge possiblity and the same with Kwame Brown. Just have to do it sensibly...

Tim Thomas for Iglauskas would work perfectly but would Cleveland want that in return? it would help them in salary aswell as having a 3 to play so LeBron can play the 2 or 1. The same with Penny but who knows whod want him. That trade is going to be a 3-4 player if/when it happens.

Brown is a sketchy trade. not because of him (hes 6'11, 22 years old, athletic..he just needs a change of scenery and supporters/teachers). im sure we could get him and for cheap aswell. but what would washington want in return? theyre turning into run and gunners so they prolly wouldnt want Kurt. Theyll try to get Sweets or Ariza most likely and hopefully Isiah wont budge. Unless its sweets and even tho i love the kid..it would be a good exchange. Possibly Jerome Williams in that deal aswell...or who knows they mite just say screw it and let us get him through MLE.

im looking towards bigs...a new swing man or point guard would be fine whatever. but its bigs that we need over anything else.

The thread was called, "AnyTrade Idea That Will Help The Knicks". This will. Also I don't remember saying I was going to trade Allan Houston either. I why not trade Marbury? Isiah has said that he is willing to trade Marbury when the right deal comes along. Actually we can be under the cap soon...at least with that trade we can. And why do we keep on patching things up all the time? That's the reason why we have that problem in the first place.

Also a trade I like is Marbury for P.J. Brown and Jamaal Magloire.

LISTEN UP PEEPS....

1.) MARBURY AND CRAWFORD WILL NOT GET TRADED

2.) KURT OR ROSE WILL BE TRADED

3.) JYD OR TAYLOR WILL BE TRADED

4.) AN ATL, IN, NY DEAL THAT WOULD LAND ARTEST IS REALISTIC

5.) ARIZA AND SWEETS WILL NOT GET TRADED

6.) PHIL JAX WILL NOT BE OUR COACH

1.) MARBURY AND CRAWFORD WILL NOT GET TRADED
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2.) KURT OR ROSE WILL BE TRADED
    Kurt might be. Rose won't.

3.) JYD OR TAYLOR WILL BE TRADED
    JYD wont. Taylor most likely won't.
    4.) AN ATL, IN, NY DEAL THAT WOULD LAND ARTEST IS REALISTIC
    How does ATL have anything to do with it?

5.) ARIZA AND SWEETS WILL NOT GET TRADED
    Probably not Ariza. Maybe Sweetney.

6.) PHIL JAX WILL NOT BE OUR COACH
    He could be. Who knows?

Default Trades

I'm not sure what the knicks can actually do as far as trades go. When you think about it, the only players you can get in return for a expiring contract is a disgruntled player looking to leave his current team or another bad contract. The league used to be able to pick the bones of the clippers but they seemed to have changed their way as of late. Also, I am not a 100% sure I trust Isiah anymore! After bringing in Rose and Taylor, I am not sure if he is mentally fatigued or not. I would go after Kwame because at his age and his apparent athletic ability, as well as his height in which the Knicks are in desperate need of, he is worth the risk. I also think we might be able to get him at the mid-level and Washington would let him walk. Also, I would play Kwame at the 4 not the 5. I think this is his natural position in the NBA and if Isiah does get Zydrunas Ilgauskas, we would have a 7' 3" center and a 7" power forward. I just want to go on record saying that I am not a Zydrunas Ilgauskas fan! I think he is sooo over rated and he's not even rated that high! But, the size would be a welcome change. As far as Isiah trading Steph got the "right situation"; who even know what the heck he thinks is the right situation! His decisions in the past does not lead us in any way to believe he will make sensible moves. Besides getting Kwame and possibly Zydrunas Ilgauskas, I would like to see them make a run at Darius Miles. Again, like Kwame I think a change in venue will help and he is worth the chance. He is talented and right now he is public enemy #1 in Portland so we might be able to get him with the right package (Kurt an a low end salary guy to match contracts). If that doesn't work, see if a trade for Maggette is possible... He would be nice at the 2 spot. If we keep Jamal he really should come off the bench. Maggete, Steph and Crawford would make a nice 3 quard rotation with Kwame and Ilgauskas.... I'll sign on the dotted line right now!

What do we need to give up for Ron Artest?

Orlando Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Doug Christie
    Steve Francis

Incoming
    Ricky Davis
    Paul Pierce

Boston Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Mark Blount
    Ricky Davis
    Paul Pierce

Incoming
    Steve Francis
    Tim Thomas
    Jamal Crawford

New York Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Tim Thomas
    Jamal Crawford

Incoming
    Doug Christie
    Mark Blount

Then NY can try to sign Damon Stoudamire for the MLE

this team is such a mess i cant even think of trades anymore. my hope is isiah gets a fired and is replaced by a HUMBLE and PATIENT gm who understands that every team needs to be bad before it becommes good.

Veteran

jamal crawford and tim thomas FOR Doug Christie and Mark Blount? Why the hell would we pull that off. Christies getting old and injury prone. and Blount is Blount....wouldnt work out salary wise nor would it work logically. here was my idea that i put in a different thread BUT it belongs in here so here it is...tell me what you think..

Dont resign Jermaine Jackson or Jackie Butler at the moment
    Resign Bruno Sundov for very cheap of course

SEA GETS- Penny Hardaway, Jamal Crawford & Bruno Sundov
    NYK GETS- Ray Allen & Vitaly Potapenko & probably are MLE

CLE GETS- Maurice Taylor and Kurt Thomas (or Jerome Williams)
    NYK GETS- Zydrunas Iglauskas

WAS GETS-Jerome Williams (or Kurt Thomas)
    NYK GETS- Kwame Brown

DRAFT- G Gerald Green & G Julius Hodge (who could go in the second) and trade up with our 30th to get a Hakim Warrick or Johan Petro unless the are still there...

C Zydrunas Iglauskas/ Kwame Brown/ Vitaly Potapenko
    PF Mike Sweetney/ Malik Rose/ Johan Petro
    SF Tim Thomas/ Trevor Ariza
    SG Ray Allen/ Gerald Green/Allan Houston
    PG Stephon Marbury/Julius Hodge

Realistic in salary, logic etc...realistic in going to happen? probably not. But i think with what we have and due to budget restrictions I think THIS is the best possible line up...