Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ANY TRADE IDEAS THAT MIGHT HELP THE KNICKS NEXT YEAR

Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    Originally Posted by bobs3304
    1.) We don't need an All-Star caliber Center. We just need a serviceable bigman that can get us some boards, some blocks, some easy points, and who can clog the paint for us.

Realistic/Available Candidates = Nesterovic, Kwame, J. James
    Unrealistic/Unavailable = Ilgauskus, Magloire, Curry, Chandler
    we had that in nazr - he was putting up almost a solid double double with a few blocks til we traded him for a pf....
    What's your point dude? You read that whole thing and that's your only response?

What do you wanna do, trade back for Nazr? Malik is a championship caliber player and a good role model for our younger players. Like I said, we'll get our Center this summer, using Kurt as trade bait.

I really think Zeke's gonna surprise all of us and go after another All-star caliber player - my preference would be Maggette or Hughes. We'll see.

The Lottery is in a couple days. Lets go Frozen Envelope.

HOLLA.

Superstar

ok well ive been saying for the last year or two that were overloaded with 3s and small 4s. hopefully we will clear out this year - tim eventually, and it seems most likely KT because of his value and contract. what are the contract situations with taylor and jyd? in a different post i believe i wrote that crawford wont be a superstar and i would be content with him coming off the bench. obviously the problem with that is who would start - h2o if healthy or we need to sign someone.
    as for your replacements, i like maggette in nba live but ive never seen him play much in person. i know he can penetrate and is a decent shooter. if we can get a good deal id take him. id love to pick up hughes but since hes so vital to the wiz now i doubt theyd let him go unless we vastly overpay, which may even be worth it. paul pierce is a ballhog who jacks up way to many shots but im not denying his talent and if we could get him to fit into our scheme he could be great. id take lafrentz but just straightup cut blount...hes one of the most uninspired players ever and we dont need any more of that. in a different post i wrote id never want wally. hes basically a white allan houston - 3 pt shooter w injuries and thats it. no D no boards no passing cant do much without the ball. i have no problem with herb resigning.

hope you like that response better and i also responded in an earlier post.

I seriously doubt TT is gonna be traded. If he is, it'll be toward the trade deadline. Crawford WILL NOT be traded. Steph is stayin put. Unless an offer comes our way for Maggette or Hughes and Sweets needs to be involved to make it work, I'd keep him.

It gets tricky b/c from there I think we have to choose b/w trading Taylor, JYD, or Rose b/c there are far too many good-but-not-great PF's on this team.

Btw, Hughes is unrestricted, so if Wash realizes they can't match for a big offer from someone else they can always trade him to NY if he agrees to come play for us.

Superstar

exactly....id prefer sweets 100% and out of the other 3 rose and jyd over taylor. jyd seems to hustle more and i like roses D. yea hughes would be an incredible pickup for kurt or a PF

Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    exactly....id prefer sweets 100% and out of the other 3 rose and jyd over taylor. jyd seems to hustle more and i like roses D. yea hughes would be an incredible pickup for kurt or a PF
    Well, I highly doubt Washington would take Kurt and filler straight up for Hughes...they would be stupid to do that. If they do actually lose Hughes, theres a gaping hole at SG for them. We might have to get another team involved /w/ a SG to spare in order to make it work. Or maybe we can simply offer them our 8th pick, along /w/ Kurt + filler for Kwame AND Hughes.

Im not the mastermind here. That's Zeke's job. But I do think it's possible for us to land Maggette or Hughes. We just have to make them an offer they can't refuse....

Edit: if we can hold onto our 8th pick and still manage to get that All-star caliber 2 or 3, I'd seriously look at taking Danny Granger - could be the next Ron Artest (w/o the attitude)

Just a thought:

We could kill 2 birds /w/ 1 stone if (and only if) Washington decided Hughes was asking for far too much $$...get Kwame AND Hughes in one shot.

Washington would def. make us take on Etan Thomas, too, but he's 6-10 and can play spot mins. at both PF and C.

Something like:

NY Gets: Etan Thomas, Larry Hughes, Kwame Brown

Wash Gets: Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas, Trevor Ariza, 30th Pick

* Larry would be resigned to a contract similar to Gilbert Arenas (5 Yr/ 55)
    * Kwame would be resigned to a contract similar to Kurt (4 Yr/ 30)

I def. think, if Hughes was asking for more than Washington was willing to pay, then they would bite on this...especially since they get rid of Etan's longass contract. and now they would have a first rounder this year...they could even sign Raja Bell /w/ their MLE (overpay, but overall, their team now would be very solid)

This leaves us empty at SF, but we could resolve that through FA, by signing someone to the MLE. JYD can play minutes at SF, as he did this season (and he was doin pretty good). Also, /w/ our 8th pick, we could draft Danny Granger, who is a poor man's Ron Artest.

Lemme know what you think.

Default NYKnicks15 Idea

I have to say that the trade scenario that NYKnicks15 put together makes me start to salivate! Ray Allen in NY would be something to see! I just don't think NY has anything that Seattle would want in a sign and trade. Crawford could not co-exist with Lewis. My god, they would set a record on field Goal attempts in a game. I also think everyone has put together some creative trade ideas but if I had a gun to my head and had to put together a starting lineup that I feel best represents what Isiah is going to do... It would be like this (I'm not going to touch on Draft Picks, this is pure NBA trades)...
    C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas or Kwame Brown
    F- Sweets/Rose/Williams
    F- Harrington/Ariza/Newble
    G- Crawford/Houston
    G- Stephon/Snow
    Zydrunas Ilgauskas will come to NY most likely in a sign and trade. I think they will use Tim Thomas and/or Penny (expiring) to get him which means Z will be signed to a high, long term contract. I know that Clevland has expressed interest in Kurt but I feel the signs point to cap relief to offer Lebron as much as it would take to keep him in Clevland. The 2006/2007 year is his final and they could try to restructure his Contract after the 2005/2006 season and avoid free agency. I also think they might force us to take on some bad contracts as well, like Ira Newbal and/or Snow's. Snow would be an interesting addition, he is the total opposite of Marbury. He is a very good defender but a poor offensive game. I think They will use Kurt to get Al Harrington. Isiah has expressed high interest in getting him and I think Atlanta wouldn't mind seeing him walk as well. The other wild card here is kwame Brown. He is high on Isiah's radar as well and I think he is another path that will be explored. I disagree with bobs3304, Washington doesn't want to get rid of Eaton. I also think they will try to keep Hughes as well. The only guy I think they truly do not want is Brown but since he was a their #1, I think they will want something in return. So if NY can't get him with the Mid level, they might have to offer Washington something and mabe Junkyard and one of NY's 1st rounders. I'm not sure if that will do it either but I wouldn't give up anything else. But if it is enough we could see this:
    C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas/Kwame Brown
    F- Sweets/Rose/Kwame Brown
    F- Harrington/Ariza/Newble
    G- Crawford/Houston
    G- Stephon/Snow

Dude...I dont completely disagree /w/ getting Big Z in general...but wow, thats completely unrealistic. Even worse is your KT for Harrington - is it fair - NO...is it realistic - NO...is it even based in some reality - NO. Just b/c salaries match up doesnt mean ****. You have to consider WHY team would do Trade X /w/ us...lemme tell you, it's not just to help us out.
    I'm guaranteeing this: We WILL use Kurt to trade for our future center. He won't need to be an all-star caliber one like Z b/c /w/ Marbury staying (and he most certainly will be) we are a perimeter oriented team. We only need a serviceable bigman like Rasho, Kwame, Gadz, Dally, or J. James. But heres the problem - both Gadzuric and Dalembert are restricted, so we're just not getting them. No matter what. Jerome James will look for a big payday, and unless we can do a S & T /w/ Sea, which is unrealistic b/c we have NOTHING they want, then hes going elsewhere. Rasho can be had. Kwame can be had.

Btw dude: if Washington can't afford Hughes and they DO look to S & T him, they will DEFINITELY be looking to include Etan. Trust me (especially if theyre taking back Kurt in the deal).

I'm not saying that Hughes won't resign /w/ the Wizards. He might very well do that. But I think it's possible that he asks for more than theyre willing to give. Since it seems imminent that Kwame will be traded straight up for Kurt anyway, that would allow us to expand on that deal.

But that is only contingent on how Grunfield approaches this whole Hughes offseason. B/c it would be really hard on them to lose him.

FOR EVERYONE: Remember, just b/c a trade works salary-wise means ****. You need to consider why a GM from another team would be willing to risk their job and millions of $$ and a team they probably care about just to improve the Knicks. They need to have an INCENTIVE.

i heard that new jeresy would trade there first rounder for kurt thomas. i know it wasn't cbssportsline.com where i read it, but one of those draft sites. all they talked about is how good the nets would be with him because j.kidd and kt could run the pick and roll to perfection. still i dunno.

only other thing i could think of is trading to get balance to our team. i believe we are a guard/foward team. i can't even name how many people we have over 6'7. i'd like to get some balance to that. and have tim thomas gone, even though i do like him, but i believe ariza can get it done.

Ariza is 19 dude...he's still a role player at this point. Even if we do keep him, he's still coming off the bench.

Btw: Just outta curiosity, if we did do that 6 player deal /w/ the Wizards (/w/ or w/o the pick), what SF could/should we sign as a FA to fill the roster? I can't think of any on the top of my mind.

FOR EVERYONE: Remember, just b/c a trade works salary-wise means s**t. You need to consider why a GM from another team would be willing to risk their job and millions of $$ and a team they probably care about just to improve the Knicks. They need to have an INCENTIVE.[/quote]

Dude... First of all, Dude, you need to take a little lithium or at least a zanex or 2! OK Dude?? And Dude, you are missing the whole point of trading disgruntle players dude. Dude, it's like this, did LA get equal value for Shack? No dude they didn't. You know why dude? Because if they didn't get something; they would have eventually got NOTHING... Understand dude? And dude, Harrington does NOT want to be in Atlanta and has been public in his eventual escape from the Hawks, dude... So, dude, it would behoove the Hawks to get a talent for him, you see dude, even if it isn't at the exact level, dude they still want someone. Dude, I believe Al’s contract is up soon. I don't know if you know this dude, but Al has a bad rep of having an attitude problem. Can you understand an attitude problem....dude? Not all teams seem to covet Al Harrinton dude. Kurt would be a good fit on just about any team, dude, even the Knicks with the right surrounding players. But dude, the problem the knicks have is 2 fold, Kurt has the most trade value as far as talent goes but he is part of a long list of undersized position players, you see dude. Also dude, Isiah has 3 number 1 picks to throw into deals to sweeten a pot and dude, for a team like Atlanta, draft picks are a plus.... Got it DUDE??

Btw dude: if Washington can't afford Hughes and they DO look to S & T him, they will DEFINITELY be looking to include Etan. Trust me (especially if theyre taking back Kurt in the deal).

I'm not saying that Hughes won't resign /w/ the Wizards. He might very well do that. But I think it's possible that he asks for more than theyre willing to give. Since it seems imminent that Kwame will be traded straight up for Kurt anyway, that would allow us to expand on that deal.

One more thing dude, I don't agree or disagree with your expert knowledge of the Washington wizards front office agenda. I can only comment on what I have seen from a team and how they've been cultivating their roster over a few years and dude, it seems like they are trying to keep a up-tempo style of play and dude I would think Washington would go out of their way to keep Huges, who was a big part of that. Dude, it is easier for a team to resign than sign and I think letting him go for the money he would ask for, unless it is Ray Allen figures, would be counter productive and they would probably have to pay the same amount to get the same talent back... So dude, please use your expert GM knowledge to explain to me why they would do that? Also, they could have let Eaton walk to the Bucks, but they matched their offer and that was just last year, so dude they have changed their mind on him? I have seen the Wizards play and I don't think they will want to trade him. Also, dude, why would the Wizards want Kurt? How does he fit into that lineup in any way, shape or form? Dude, they have better rebounders and postup players that are 2-3 inches taller and more athletic, not to mention younger!
    Since it seems imminent that Kwame will be traded straight up for Kurt anyway, that would allow us to expand on that deal.
    Dude, I am sorry I didn't read those headlines. I must have missed them... Dude, nothing is imminent! If Kwame comes here, via trade, it will be for someone the Wizards feel they can plug in without changing their scheme or an expiring contract. Dude, since Kwame is another player that most GMs will stay away from, the knicks could maybe get him for the mid level.

[quote="pyotrveliky"] i like maggette in nba live but ive never seen him play much in person. i know he can penetrate and is a decent shooter. if we can get a good deal id take him. id love to pick up hughes but since hes so vital to the wiz now i doubt theyd let him go unless we vastly overpay, which may even be worth it. paul pierce is a ballhog who jacks up way to many shots but im not denying his talent and if we could get him to fit into our scheme he could be great. id take lafrentz but just straightup cut blount...hes one of the most uninspired players ever and we dont need any more of that. in a different post i wrote id never want wally. hes basically a white allan houston - 3 pt shooter w injuries and thats it. no D no boards no passing cant do much without the ball. i have no problem with herb resigning.

I agree with you on Herb 100%. Why get a high priced coach now, we need to rebuild our roster first. Once we get players that can compete at a high level, than the quality coaches will want to come here. Not saying Herb isn't quality but the proven entities like, Jackson or Brown, will step in and take it to the next level. You know, Paul Pierce is an interesting candidate! I have mentioned him in the past as someone worth looking at. Boston would deal him for the right price and that might just be salary cap relief. There will be a lot of teams (who will try to be) in the Labron sweepstakes at the end of the 2006/2007 season and Boston just might want to start freeing up salary. Pierce is a quality guy, he is a hard worker and can take over a game. Yes, he is a little beat up, knees are probably 2-3 years from total uselessness and can hog the ball at times but he can take a team on his back as well. Still, if we were to get a decent big guy or 2, Pierce could be a that piece. If we had to take LaFrenz as part of the deal, that isn't the end of the world. The downside is his contract, which I believe still has 3 years on it, but depending on the other pieces we get, like Kwame or Z, you could spot Raef in the 4 position at times. As far as Hughes goes, we have crawford and Jamal healthy kind or resembles hughes (in my book). I would really like to see them go after Darius Miles from Portland. He can play the 3 and the 2. I would start him at the 2 and he would bring an aspect to the Knicks that they haven't had in a while, someone with the ability to drive to the basket as apposed to hurling 3s. He is also a good defender and at 6' 9" he is big!

Edited

Try to disagree with something w/o having to attack him like that

i don't want to ban anyone but in this way i will have no choice

Superstar

with pierce at the 3 (i would assume) hopefully that would mean tim thomas is dealt. lafrentz's contract is killer and im sure piereces isnt spare change either. id see miles at the 3 also. hopefully tim would be involved in a deal.

keep it civil guys