ANY TRADE IDEAS THAT MIGHT HELP THE KNICKS NEXT YEAR

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
im really suprised u 2 have not gotten this topic locked yet tone it down u both sound less valid in ure points when u have to include a curse into ure argument

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
[quote="Just forget about Lebron, he'll be extended before we even get a chance. He's from the Cle and loves it there. Theyre doing everything they can to keep him, and he appreciates it.

Forget about Big Z. He's a good Center but he's not Knick caliber.
Pierce is Knick caliber, but unfortunately, I doubt he's available. My bad for thinkin he was, I was gettina hardon thinkin Zeke could deal for him, but it won't happen.
Miles would be a nice pickup, but he can't shoot and WE NEED SHOOTING BADLY. ALONG WITH DEFENSE. Why you think Zeke was interested in Wally World? B/c Houston is crippled and we have no accurate 3-point shooters on this team.
If I was Zeke, I would kidnap Pierce and get a Knicks uniform on him as fast as possible. I'd give up anyone but Ariza to get him.

The truth is, we need to get a guy in NY, a guy we can just inject into this lineup, into this f****n city, to change everything. We need the ghost of Spree back. We need that nastiness back. We need Camby's clone. We need a coach who leads us into battle in the playoffs. We need smart players, we need troublemakers on the court, not off of it. Artest is too much a gamble anyway, but he wont be available. Miles is too much a gamble and HE CANT SHOOT. I really think Pierce is the way to go, but it's really sad caz he's not gonna be available and I can't think of anyone else that could get this city back up on its feet. I guess I'll just watch the 99 vid and keep the memory alive.

Peace[/quote]

I have a sneaky suspicion that Lebron is staying in Cleveland as well. I would still make a run at him. I DON'T think he will restructure his contract. I think he will let the market dictate what he is worth and demand that, or very close to the number, from Cleveland. Also, getting another shooter is dependent on which player(s) we trade. If we need to use Crawford to secure a deal, than I would think we would need a shooter, but if we keep Crawford, that we don't need one. That is Crawford’s game, even though he does, at times, drive to the rim, he is a jump shooter. Bringing in another jump shooter even though he is more accurate, will just turn the Knicks into a jump shooting team and that isn't the way to go. It's nice to have a weapon that is an accurate jump shooter, but not the prominent theme to the team... Boston has said publicly that they would “entertain” offers on anyone including Paul Pierce. Now, would they trade him within the same division, that’s a different story but I think he is obtainable. The only reason I would want Zydrunas Ilgauskas is that he is BIG and he can be a presence in the middle, when healthy. Now I have seen 2 sides to Z and if we could somehow coax a season that resembles what he had his first year, it would be totally worth it. In fact, I don’t even care if he puts up huge offensive numbers, I feel any BIG man we bring in is solely for defensive purposes and any offensive numbers we get is a plus. I would make a run at Pierce if I was Isiah. I would see who Boston would want; anyone on the team is game, and try to get Boston to play ball. I’ve also read that Boston is trying to get Brand from the Clippers and the Clippers are notorious for not wanting big contracts and wanting cheap players so maybe their could be some sort of a three way where Boston gets Elton, we get pierce and LA gets expiring contracts and a low salary talent like Ariza, sweets or a mid level guy like Crawford. Again, I am not a numbers guy but I believe that Elton, Pierces and TT’s contracts are similar, within a few million, so maybe TT and throwing in sweets to replace brand in LA could be the three way deal that brings Pierce to NY. If we could still get Kwame on top of that, than I say we have a decent team to start the new season off with. There’s always a chance at a trade deadline move to add another piece as well. I’ve stated it before and I will say it again, I still like Miles and think he is worth the risk, as much as a risk we would take on Kwame; I think it is the same situation. They are both very young, very athletic and are in desperate need of a change of address. To address the additional PG position, what about Sam Cassell? He could be the perfect backup PG and can spot in at the 2 if we need to go small.

c- Zydrunas Ilgauskas/Kwame Brown
f- Kwame Brown/Taylor/JD
f- Darius miles/Paul Pierce/JD/PH
g- Paul Pierce/Darius miles/Wright/Houston/PH
g- Marbury/Cassell/PH

I think I would sign for that right now!!

Is Kyle Korver a free agent or did he resign with the 76s? If not, he could be that junp shooter off the bench and can spot at the 2 as well as the 3. I also think he is a between a LL and ML guy.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
I havent heard anything about Boston wanting Brand, especially since they already have Al Jefferson. But the bigger problem is that Bostons our Atlantic rival, and I seriously doubt theyd trade Pierce anywhere in the East, especially in their own division.

Also, I gave up on Kwame last week. We shouldnt reach for just any big man, and that includes Big Z. And remember, we have to keep some sorta identity to this team. If Zeke keeps randomly trading any old player, we'll never have a consistent roster.

I'm still not giving up on getting Maggette, Hughes, or Pierce, b/c I know we need a starting SG...maybe all we need is a guy like Raja Bell. But then, if we sign him, we need to make 1 trade, to get our big man. I'd also sign Chris Anderson as a backup Center b/c he reminds me a lesser version of Marcus Camby.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
pierce is not a complete 2 guard though. i like maggette more, hes younger, more athletic, and i think hes got more upside potential if he can learn to play D. pierce is at his prime right now. and i really cant picture boston trading him to us.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
a knick fan said:
pierce is not a complete 2 guard though. i like maggette more, hes younger, more athletic, and i think hes got more upside potential if he can learn to play D. pierce is at his prime right now. and i really cant picture boston trading him to us.

I agree to a point. Pierce would be a better fit for the knichs right now than Maggette, in my opinion. Also, D in the back court is what they need. Crawford can put big numbers on any given night but has absolutly no defense. I feel Maggette would be just another offensive numbers guy, while pierce can put up big numbers but he can also shut his man down. Another point is, Boston has said they would entertian offers on Pierce, but I would be curious to see what they think is a good deal. Pierce is one of these guys that have a bad rep and is condidered to be a distraction to the team. I'm curious to see if someone takes back a bad contract, like LaFrenz, if that would do it. If the knicks offered Crawford back and an expiring contract(s) that would eat up the additional money for both pierce and Raef, would that get it done.

portega1968

El Cacique
pierce has D, can average 20/6/6 (not many 2guards can say that) and is definitely available. i'd jump all over that one if I were zeke. kwame deserves a chance, I remember he had a stretch of double doubles that gave us a peak at his potential. let's get him and turn him over to mark aguirre and a regiment of shrinks to see if he wakes up. dudes like cassell and Z are basically looking to cash in asap before retiring at 35.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
portega1968 said:
pierce has D, can average 20/6/6 (not many 2guards can say that) and is definitely available. i'd jump all over that one if I were zeke. kwame deserves a chance, I remember he had a stretch of double doubles that gave us a peak at his potential. let's get him and turn him over to mark aguirre and a regiment of shrinks to see if he wakes up. dudes like cassell and Z are basically looking to cash in asap before retiring at 35.

I agree 100% with you about Z and Cassell! I am not a big Z fan, although I am a desperate Knicks fan and would love to see size in the front court so badly I might take a chance on Z. I still have a little hatred that runs in my veins towards cassell that has lagged over from the Houston series. But... at least with Cassell you get someone who can play D and has decent court vision. He is older now but I feel would be the perfect backup at the 1. If Isiah would be willing to shell out $$$ for Stoudmire, then grab Cassell, at least he is proven! As far as Z is concerned, If we can get any 7 footer that can block an ocassional shot and rebound, I would take them ahead of Z.... Even if they can't throw the ball in the ocean, I would grab them. The Knicks have enough scorer's, scoring was never an issue.

nyk35

Benchwarmer
magette and brand would be good considering brand can block shots and if we draft a center our lineup will be completely different to last seasons
the only problem is that we would be left with a hole at sf and may have to play a rookie that we draft with our other picks at one of those positions. maybe
ryan gomes maybe even warrick if he slips

C-Petro 7'0 /Fye 7'0 /Taft 6'10
PF-Brand 6'8
SF-Gomes 6'8/warrick 6'8
SG- Magette 6'6
PG-Marbury 6'2

either way that is a nice lineup asnd has a bit of height

portega1968

El Cacique
aint no way clips gonna give us brand and maguette for kt, tt, etc...stop smoking that pangola!!!...also, petro, taft and frye would be wasting our picks

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i think thats the problem with being a fan, we really have no idea what other gm's are willing to do or not do. for example, one might think that trading maggette/brand for crawford/tt/kt/sweetney is ludicrious. another gm might actually think it might be worth it. it really all depends on what a particular gm thinks of a certain player (s), because not every gm will have the same opinion about every player. if there is a sucker gm out there, lets find him and exploit him and hopefully isiah can get a good deal out of it. the good gm's make good deals, the bad gm's make bad deals.

for example, in my opinion, isiah thomas is a bad gm. he lets his enormous ego affect his decision making. that trade with houston where he got mo taylors bad contract was really just unacceptable. i really think that we got the butt end of that deal. to me, it sounds ludicrious. to isiah, it sounded good, because he did the deal.

we should fire isiah, find a smart, humble gm who can make good deals and get the best of the other gm's. kinda like billy beane, the gm of the athletics, who always seems to come out on top - building a great team with a small payroll.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
a knick fan said:
i think thats the problem with being a fan, we really have no idea what other gm's are willing to do or not do. for example, one might think that trading maggette/brand for crawford/tt/kt/sweetney is ludicrious. another gm might actually think it might be worth it. it really all depends on what a particular gm thinks of a certain player (s), because not every gm will have the same opinion about every player. if there is a sucker gm out there, lets find him and exploit him and hopefully isiah can get a good deal out of it. the good gm's make good deals, the bad gm's make bad deals.

for example, in my opinion, isiah thomas is a bad gm. he lets his enormous ego affect his decision making. that trade with houston where he got mo taylors bad contract was really just unacceptable. i really think that we got the butt end of that deal. to me, it sounds ludicrious. to isiah, it sounded good, because he did the deal.

we should fire isiah, find a smart, humble gm who can make good deals and get the best of the other gm's. kinda like billy beane, the gm of the athletics, who always seems to come out on top - building a great team with a small payroll.

I agree Isiah is a bad GM! At least Mo Taylor has 2 years left, Rose has 4 years! It was insanity and I feel Isiah made moves just to make moves. There was no reason to shake anything up since they weren't going anywhere!!!! The harsh truth is that no one could take over the GM job for a team that is so far over the cap with as many bad contracts as the Knicks got... They won't tank for a few years while the contracts run out, they seem to just pile on more bad contracts. The Malik Rose contract is the one that sent me over the edge. Now, we need to see what he does this off season. I have no faith in him and I just know we all will be scratching our heads come tip off, next season, pondering Isiah's stupid moves once again. I just don't think he has a clue to what he is doing. You know he will only be able to trade expiring contracts to teams looking to dump high salary guys and those guys usually aren't the cream of the crop or they are seriously in turmoil! I've been an advocate of trying to get Paul Pierce, but he has stated that he will NOT go to a loosing team. Wally S is along the lines of the kind of guy Isiah will end up getting. I would almost go to Vegas and lay down my Bank account that Wally is a Knick next season!

portega1968

El Cacique
no-D Wallys ok, excellent third or fourth option, we can give back any combo of players excluding Stephon, Ariza and the picks...Pierce better second and first option on offense and excellent D,should give back anything except Stephon and I believe if faced with the decision playing at MSG will outweigh whatever he said about losing teams ...I'd like to see a scenario where we can trade for that 3rd pick because I have a feeling Williams is going first while Atlanta drafts Paul, and Bogut would fill our need at center...thus I'm hoping for a lineup featuring Stephon PG, Pierce SG and Bogut C...consider if Ariza and Sweetney survive the cleansing and the thomases plus picks 8 and 30 are gone....I think that would put us on track for next summer when we can wedge out some cap space for a certain free agent at sf from ohio...now I'm really daydreaming...or am I?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
portega1968 said:
no-D Wallys ok, excellent third or fourth option, we can give back any combo of players excluding Stephon, Ariza and the picks...Pierce better second and first option on offense and excellent D,should give back anything except Stephon and I believe if faced with the decision playing at MSG will outweigh whatever he said about losing teams ...I'd like to see a scenario where we can trade for that 3rd pick because I have a feeling Williams is going first while Atlanta drafts Paul, and Bogut would fill our need at center...thus I'm hoping for a lineup featuring Stephon PG, Pierce SG and Bogut C...consider if Ariza and Sweetney survive the cleansing and the thomases plus picks 8 and 30 are gone....I think that would put us on track for next summer when we can wedge out some cap space for a certain free agent at sf from ohio...now I'm really daydreaming...or am I?

I'm dreaming the same dream my friend!! I don't think LaBron will leave the Cavs. I really don't see that as the end of the world for the Knicks... Pierce is the guy that I want to see on the Knicks. I would also like to see them grab Miles from Portland as well. Have him spot at the 2 and play the 3. If we can't get pierce, I would still go after Miles and play him full time at the 2. Kwame is also a chance that I am will to take for the right price. I think any team that gets Pierce is taking back a real bad contract, or 2, with him. If the Knicks pull it off, get Pierce if they take LeFrenz’s contract from Boston, I can see some good matchups that can be created. Raef can play the 4... His offensive game is a 4, He likes to jump shoot and he is most comfortable sitting 10 feet from the basket... So you could essentially bring Raef off the bench and have him spot in at the 4 and 5. He could play the 5 when they play a running team and the 4 when they are playing teams like Miami and Detroit. I think we would have to give Boston Crawford as one of the players in the deal… I would ship him out freight paid!! If they draft Antoine Wright, we would have a guard rotation of Pierce, Marbury and Wright. If they were able to swing Miles, you could also throw him in the rotation when you want to go big and tighten up the D. Start him at the 3… If we can’t get him, see what it would take to get Harrington from Atlanta… I would try to use the 30th to get a big man that is pure D… I don’t care if he can’t throw the ball into the ocean; I just want a big man that can grab a rebound!! Try to get Kwame and put him back at the 4, they way he started his career.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
kyle korver isnt going anywhere.. why is lebron so happy in cleveland? they still didnt get a good coach, the team isnt all that super. i think we all know about that advertisement deal in his nike contract that pays him big $ for being in nyc or la. theres a shot at it, especially if we improve this year.
wat would you think about getting spree back, as a backup 2 or 3?

portega1968

El Cacique
spree would rock drom the bench...problem is he is gonna push to start and there aint no way the dolans are gonna bring him back...what are the chances of us grabbing Z since it seems Cleveland is not gonna resign him

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
spree is getting old. his productivity/stats will go down. hes a cancer/choker.

let someone else pay him so that he can feed his children.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
I WAS THINKING MAYBE COREY MEGGETTE (if thats how u spell it) FOR CRAWFORD AND ARIZA. I THINK MEGGETTE AND STEPH WOULD BE VERY GOOD IN THE BACK COURT

First off, I don't want to trade Ariza, young talent, hell no, one of my favorite Knicks, upbeat young defensive energy player. Meggette is good and i'd like to see that with Marbury, but not for Ariza!

Second, Marbury is most likley not gonna be traded, chances are, no, but never say never. There is a slim chance and it is possible.

**And lastly, before we start with the trade suggestions, I'd like to see the roster we have no play out before we make any more moves....