ANY TRADE IDEAS THAT MIGHT HELP THE KNICKS NEXT YEAR

@NYKnicks15

I Agree that your trade Idea is good but only better position in your roster is SG. I think that Kwame is a big shoot, as we all know the kid does't have a passion for the game. I think J.Posey is better defender and better fit into star lineup than tim thomas, also Zee wouldn't leave CLE if they want to sign LeBron long term. Also we will have a significant cap releif in future years with my roster.

NYKnicks15

Starter
i dont see where the signifigant cap relief would come from. Future years? maybe 3. BUT within those three years were going to have to sign other players back. Magloire is a 10-12 million dollar player and wouldnt prolly sign back for much less. Posey is a 6-7 million dollar player and the same goes for him. Aswell as Marbury. Webber is 3 years 63 million left and no leg. So between being horrible for 3 more years and having barely ANY cap relief from this thats why i said mine was better...no offense. as much as cap space should be a goal its not going to happen soon and you mind aswell be a good team and bring in a packed house like my roster would..

Kwame is worth the "risk". why? well hes 22 years old 6'11 and very athletic. he doesnt have the inspiration like ppl say. how do you know? i know your supposed to show it wherever you play and every game you do. but this kid came in when he was what 18? picked by MJ. then trashed by MJ. instead of getting helped in developing hes just been trashed. I think with a change of scenery hell be fine. 22.7 MPG with a .455FG% 5.5RPG and 7.7PPG for his career. you wouldnt want him to have more minutes and give him a chance?

And Zydrunas...well heres the thing about him. ONE hes stated recently he doenst want a huge contract (meaning long). TWO he just bought a house in NYC. THREE his family spends all their time here and so does he. Signs point to him coming here. Possible? yes. And i think if he forces a sign and trade itll happen. CLE wanted Kurt Thomas (ex. Gooden for Thomas trade before deadline). So why not get a two for one deal. Mo Taylor and KT for Zee?

PG: Marbury/ Huertas / Jones
SG: Houston/ Hardaway/
SF: Posey / Ariza/ Williams
PF: Webber/ Sweetney/ Frye
C: Malgoire / Taft / Cato

OR

PG: Marbury/Hodge
SG: Allen/Houston/Green
SF: Thomas/Ariza
PF: Sweetney/Rose/Petro
C: Iglauskas/Brown/Potapenko

Just the SG position? I think with Brown/Petro/Igluaskas the rotation for C is better (as much as i like Magloire) and the PF with Sweetney/Rose/Petro/Brown the rotation is better aswell. Chris Webber is garbage now and we found that out when coming to Philly. No legs, no athleticism, NO TOUGHNESS at the PF (unlike Sweets,Rose), and complains when someone dribbles too much...try playing with Stephon!

I just dont like the idea of Houston and Hardaway being our SG's nor penny being on our team at all. Nor Webber being are PF. I think with mine we have a good young core. good athleticism and toughness. aswell as a way to not only win games but have a packed house at MSG...

First fo all I see what's your point for kwame. In best case scenario he can be new Jermaine O'Neal. He blossom in Indy. So why don't try. But still I think J.Malgoire is far better than Zee. Also I think Webber isn't dead man with no leg. You can't evaluate playe after 20 games in new club. I think he can play two or three seasons on high level. Sure he is overpaid right now and for two more years, but isn't the same story with all players in our current roster. My Idea is if you have overpaid players, get so called stars not mediocre players as Taylor or Rose. And second look VC in NJN. He is happy. He was non stop injured in TOR and look at him now. HE palys like hell. Maybe C-Webb would be happy in NYK jersey. I don't want to say that they have same injuries but Webber is in second year after the knee injury and he should be fully healed this year (Look at Dice in DET he has 22.3 min and 9.6ppg and 6.3rpg and he looks like he can play 35 mpg. What I'm saying Is that worth shoot at Webber). Also if C-Webb don't show a production there is sweet to split a minutes with C-Webb. He shows he can do that. Now Hardaway. He is in the roster cause he is in last year of his contract and he is perfect trade bait in the middle of season. I think now the better solution is my first scenario:

PG: Marbury/ Dahntay Jones
SG: Houston/ Geerald Green/ Hardaway
SF: James Posey / Ariza/ Williams/ Milan Majstorovic
PF: Webber/ Sweetney/ Erazem Lorbek
C: Malgoire / Kelvin Cato

+ one addition

Trade
NY send to WAS
Jerome Williams
WAS send to NY
Kwame Brown

PG: Marbury/ Dahntay Jones
SG: Houston/ Geerald Green/ Hardaway
SF: James Posey / Ariza/ Milan Majstorovic
PF: Webber/ Sweetney/ Erazem Lorbek
C: Malgoire / Brown/ Kelvin Cato

Now about draft. We all know about G.Green. He is a project and he will get time behin Houston, And also Lorbek and Majstorovic are log shots butlook how SAS get T.Parker and M.Ginobili. I'm not saying that those two will be taht good but Lorbek plays in Bologna (same team as Ginobili) And this year in euroleague has 20 mpg 7.7 ppg 4.7 rpg while shooting 56% from the field and he is 21 years old. Now abuot M.Majstorovic. He plays for best Serbian team Reflex Zeleznik. This year in ULEB Cup (second best competition in Europe) he has 22mpg 11.3ppg 4.7 rpg. All I can say with this draft picks is to try to get some international players who may contribute in year or two. Look at our roster. We don't have internationals. And look at others SAS, DAL, PHO, SEA.... That's my point with low draft picks.

Now Cap Space:

Name 2005/06 2006/07 2007/08 2008/09 2000/10
Marbury 16.5M 18.3M 20.1M
Houston 19.1M 20.7M
Webber 19.1M 20.7M(PO) 22.3M
Hardaway 14.6M
Malgoire 10-12
Brown (6-7M A Lar as we may sign Lokk At BIG BEN)
J.Posey 5.9M 6.4M(PO)
Sweetney 2.1M 3.1M 3.7M
Ariza (Sign AS long as we can but DON'T overpaid him)
K.Cato 8.6M
D.Jones 1.2M 1.9M(TO) 2.7(QO)
G.Green Standard Rookie Contract
M.Majstorovic Standard Rookie Contract
E.Lorbek Standard Rookie Contract

2005/6 Over 100 M we have now
2006/07 In best case scenario Webber has very good season and has a good value and Opt Out Of his contract in search for championship team (very hard likely almost unbelievable) and J.Posey Opt out because he wants more money. We Use Team Option on D.Jones And that is total 20.7(C.Webb) + 14.6(Hardaway)+ 8.6(Cato)+ 6.4(Posey) + 1.9(Jones) = 52.2M. And we are almost under the cap. And we didn’t loose almost any thing if Ariza and Sweetney progress as they should. We still have Core of Marbury, Malgoire, Kwame, Ariza and Sweetney a veteran in Houston (overpaid of course) And Trio of youngsters in Green, Lorbek and Majstorovic. Add a darft picks, and good signs and we are playoff team again. In 07/08 or 08/09 we have legit shot at King James.
Worst Case Scenario is contract expiring without options andd we have a legit shot at LeBron again. We NEED A VISION.

NYKnicks15

Starter
i still dont see your vision...

Your right you cant judge him by 20 games in Philly...BUT i can judge him on his past in Sacramento. What did that do for him? more importantly what did he do for them? Sure he put big numbers up but the offense ran through him (no D of course) think its going to run through him in NY?? if you cant get the job done, with Miller, Peja, Bibby, Christie and Jackson then theres something wrong. He's complains, another me 1st type of player, bad leg, aging, huge contract, no D, and 0 toughness. He's a 4 that plays like a 3 or 2. would you really want another small F, especially just an arratic shooting one???

and yes magloire IS a lot better than Iglauskas BUT do you think well get him? you missed my point. we CAN get Iglauskas. Magloire is NOT on the trading block. New Orleans wants to keep him and he wants to stay there from reports. He has a good working relationship with Coach and Managment. Getting rid of him would go against there "plans". YOUNG and ATHLETIC.

the draft...why DO we need international players? whats so great about them. Sure there are a few gems here and there BUT not all of them are. Weis comes to mind doesnt he? I say go for people we already know about. that we can see their work without flying miles upon miles (in person i mean) and take maybe one chance (Petro) so atleast we have three to fall back on. I wouldn't call Gerald Green a project really. Have you seen him play? and every ESPN analyst when talking about this kid state (which after watching him i believe) hes a man amongst boys...the others im not sure about but im not really excited on the european factor for all our picks.

the salary ordeal...okay so say that all works out (highly unlikely) and with that core of Ariza, Sweetney, Brown, Houston, Marbury aswell as the rookies WE ARE STILL OVER THE CAP. well have NO way to sign LeBron. So it is pointless. the salary cap is 43.87 million by the way..

I dont know, we both have different points of views. and well never know whos is more realistic, or better for the Knicks, or more attractive to fans...unless people vote on it ;) sooooo everyone im going to start a debate...whos trade idea is better...fair and square and well get other ppl involved in our ideas :)

NYKnicks15

Starter
You have one choice and you cant pick pieces out and choose a combination of the two. So one or the other...which plan for the Knicks is better? Based on excitement, quality, best play, and whatever other category you can think of...here we go

CharlesO#34's Trading Plan-
New York Knicks- C Jamal Magloire & F Chris Webber
New Orlean Hornets- F Tim Thomas
Philadelphia 76ers- C Chris Andersen, F Kurt Thomas, F George Lynch, F David West & G Jamal Crawford

New York Knicks- C Kelvin Cato, F James Posey & G Dahntay Jones
Memphis Grizzlies- F Malik Rose
Orlando Magic- F Maurice Taylor

Draft 2005-
8th pick: Gerald Green or Chris Taft
30th pick: Erazem Lorbek or Channing Frye
54th pick: Milan Majstorovic or Marcelo Huertos

and still have the MLE.

OR

NYKnicks15's Trading Plan-
New York Knicks- C Vitaly Potapenko & G Ray Allen
Seattle Supersonics- C Bruno Sundov, G Penny Hardaway & G Jamal Crawford

New York Knicks- C Zydrunas Iglauskas
Cleveland Cavaliers- F Maurice Taylor and F Kurt Thomas (or Jerome Williams)

New York Knicks- C Kwame Brown
Washington Wizards- F Jerome Williams (or Kurt Thomas)

and with our MLE or CASH buy the 19th pick from the Memphis Grizzlies for 3 million dollars.

Draft 2005-
8th pick: Gerald Green
19th: Hakim Warrick
20th pick: Johan Petro
(trade up the 30th and our 2nd rounder with another team like Denver for the 20th pick)

OR
8th pick: Gerald Green
19th: Johan Petro
30th pick: Salim Stoudamire
54th pick: Julius Hodge

FINAL RESULTS
C: Jamal Malgoire / Kelvin Cato
PF: Chris Webber/ Mike Sweetney/ Erazem Lorbek/ Jerome Williams
SF: James Posey / Trevor Ariza/ Milan Majstorovic
SG: Allan Houston/ Gerald Green/ Penny Hardaway
PG: Stephon Marbury/ Dahntay Jones

OR

C: Zydrunas Igluaskas/ Kwame Brown/ Vitaly Potapenko
PF: Mike Sweetney/ Malik Rose/ Johan Petro
SF: Tim Thomas/ Trevor Ariza
SG: Ray Allen/ Gerald Green/ Allan Houston
PG: Stephon Marbury/ Salim Stoudamire/ Julius Hodge

DEBATE and most of all CHOOSE!!! Thanks for participating... :)

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
that orl bos trade is terrible....we lose decent players and pick up worse. getting artets would be great as we discussed in other posts. z isnt a super center but hes big, rebounds, blocks, and can shoot well. a definite improvement over our makeshift center position now. kwame - assuming we steal him for cheap, id be willing to take a risk on him. if its a trade maybe give up mo taylor or rose, one of our many 3s or 4s. or just sign him as a FA. its doubtful that anyone really wants marbury that much that well get a good deal out of it so i doubt him or crawford are going anywhere.

OK can we please never mention the name webber again please? his salary is ridiculous and hes not even good....he just jacks up a lot of jumpers, has no inside presence and doesnt rebound that well. hell probably clash as it seems he already has with AI. its silly and there are better, younger, healthier big men.

about Z and magloire, i think Z is a lil bigger and has more range. id gladly take either tho. who said magloire is unhappy in NO?

C'mon people say what you think.

For first 2 results congratulations NYKnick15 you're idea leading votes. Nobody likes webber.

In final roster instead of williams should be Kwame.

I give you regards for that NYKnick15

About realistic scenarios: both scenarios are really unrealistic. If we get two good players this summer that is success, and both of us bring more than two players.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
1.) We don't need an All-Star caliber Center. We just need a serviceable bigman that can get us some boards, some blocks, some easy points, and who can clog the paint for us.

Realistic/Available Candidates = Nesterovic, Kwame, J. James
Unrealistic/Unavailable = Ilgauskus, Magloire, Curry, Chandler

2.) We need to get rid of atleast 1-2 of our PF's. I dont see us getting rid of Sweets b/c he hasnt had enuff time yet to expand his game. Kurt will be the first to go, and he'll most likley be dealt for one of the centers listed above (realistic/available ones). Rose won't be traded simply b/c of his contract, and that means either JYD or Taylor might have to go.

3.) Crawford needs to become our legit 6th man, no more starting for him. The reason Zeke brought him in (and overpayed) is to provide a big energy boost off the bench. Oh...and Houston won't be starting in his place.

4.) Don't trade Timmy until the Trading Deadline, if at all. If we keep him until next year, he can be had for the MLE at most. That's a smart and economic decision. If Zeke wants to deal Penny, that's fine /w/ me, but personally I'd rather just let his contract expire, b/c there are only so many trades you can make in one year, and we shouldn't push to get rid of someone just for the hell of it. Every move we make from now on has to be pushing us toward being a better team.

5.) Well...if Crawford doesn't start, and either does H2O, where does that leave us? I'll tell you where. Nowhere and somewhere. THE ONLY WAY WE CAN WIN NEXT YEAR IS IF WE BRING IN ANOTHER ALL-STAR CALIBER PLAYER THAT CAN PLAY ALONGSIDE STEPH. This is urgent, seriously. We all know how Steph refused to play Robin /w/ KG...well, if he doesnt learn to co-exist /w/ a tag-team partner then his ass is good as gone. He doesn't even have a choice anymore, but I think at this point he is actually willing to do w/e it takes to win. You can see the desperation in his eyes.
So who do we bring in? Well, it'll either be a 2 or 3 (that's Sg or Sf for you) and it'll be someone that can be effective without the ball, who can play D, and who can hit the 3 (to spread the defense). The perfect choice would be Shawn Marion, but then I woke up and realized he's not going anywhere. Artest isn't coming to NY either. Trust me, after seeing Miller go last night, you KNOW they're depending on Artest to bring them back to the playoffs next year.
What about Odom, Ray Allen, Redd, Cuttino, ... No, No, No. Even if they WERE available, which I doubt, these are guys that are only effective WITH the ball. If we keep Steph, which we will (for better or worse), then we need an All-Star caliber player than can work w/o the ball - like Marion. Here are some candidates I think are realistic, possibly available, and who could play Robin to Marbury's Batman:

A.) Corey Maggette : He plays hard on both ends, plays physical (which we need badly), can rebound, get a steal or two, and best of all, can spot Marbury point for point if he needed to. Granted, his 3-point % was pretty bad this year, but he can still hit it. And /w/ Marbury's penetration, it would go up. Best of all, he wont cost us all that much.

B.) Larry Hughes : Led the league in steals this year. Can shoot, play D, and play some point as well. He'll be looking for a big pay-day this summer, and if for some reason Washington doesn't match, we could always offer them a nice package b/c Hughes IS unrestricted (don't forget that), so if he get's a bigger offer from say Cleveland, then, if he's willing to play in NY, the Wizards could atleast part /w/ him and get something of value in return.

C.) Paul Pierce : I know, you think I'm crazy. Well, believe it or not, PP does alot more than just score. And yes, there's a small chance he'll be available this summer - Never believe a word that Danny Ainge says though (Walker trades). Pierce rebounds, passes, spreads the D, can play some D...basically he's a triple-double threat every time he steps on the court. While he does like to get Iso and work one-on-one, I still think he could work /w/ Steph b/c it seems like he's desperate to get out of Boston...just look at the way he's been playing lately. He commands alotta attention, but he's not a selfish player...If we have a chance at nabbing him, we'll probly have to take LaFrentz or Blount as well (cap space for the C's).

D.) Wally Sczerbiak : Well, Wally would be a last alternative. I like the fact that he's a constant threat from beyond the arc, and that he plays hard in spite of having "White Man's Disease". Dont forget though, he does spread the defense, plays balls out usually, and is still relatively young even though his knee injury has slowed him down as of recent. Best of all, even though he's not as good as Maggette, Hughes, or Pierce, he'll be the easiest to trade for. A last alternative, but still a good one.

6.) Resign Herb Williams. You HAVE to give this guy an entire year to prove himself. Same goes /w/ Crawford and Sweets. And hey, you never know, maybe Pat will join him as an Assistant.

7.) Draft Picks : (if we keep our draft position as it is)
8: Raymond Felton, Gerald Green, or Danny Granger (BPA)
30: Morris, Bynum, or Turiaf (take a chance on a young C)
54: Julius Hodge or Overseas Project (BPA OR take a chance - depends)

Personally, I'd like to trade up using our 30th pick and trade bait, or just buy Memphis's 19th pick and try to draft Channing Frye or Johan Petro.

Well, thats all folks. Konichiwa Bitchez...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
bobs3304 said:
1.) We don't need an All-Star caliber Center. We just need a serviceable bigman that can get us some boards, some blocks, some easy points, and who can clog the paint for us.

we had that in nazr - he was putting up almost a solid double double with a few blocks til we traded him for a pf....

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
pyotrveliky said:
bobs3304 said:

we had that in nazr - he was putting up almost a solid double double with a few blocks til we traded him for a pf....

What's your point dude? You read that whole thing and that's your only response?

What do you wanna do, trade back for Nazr? Malik is a championship caliber player and a good role model for our younger players. Like I said, we'll get our Center this summer, using Kurt as trade bait.

I really think Zeke's gonna surprise all of us and go after another All-star caliber player - my preference would be Maggette or Hughes. We'll see.

The Lottery is in a couple days. Lets go Frozen Envelope.

HOLLA.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
ok well ive been saying for the last year or two that were overloaded with 3s and small 4s. hopefully we will clear out this year - tim eventually, and it seems most likely KT because of his value and contract. what are the contract situations with taylor and jyd? in a different post i believe i wrote that crawford wont be a superstar and i would be content with him coming off the bench. obviously the problem with that is who would start - h2o if healthy or we need to sign someone.
as for your replacements, i like maggette in nba live but ive never seen him play much in person. i know he can penetrate and is a decent shooter. if we can get a good deal id take him. id love to pick up hughes but since hes so vital to the wiz now i doubt theyd let him go unless we vastly overpay, which may even be worth it. paul pierce is a ballhog who jacks up way to many shots but im not denying his talent and if we could get him to fit into our scheme he could be great. id take lafrentz but just straightup cut blount...hes one of the most uninspired players ever and we dont need any more of that. in a different post i wrote id never want wally. hes basically a white allan houston - 3 pt shooter w injuries and thats it. no D no boards no passing cant do much without the ball. i have no problem with herb resigning.

hope you like that response better and i also responded in an earlier post.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
I seriously doubt TT is gonna be traded. If he is, it'll be toward the trade deadline. Crawford WILL NOT be traded. Steph is stayin put. Unless an offer comes our way for Maggette or Hughes and Sweets needs to be involved to make it work, I'd keep him.

It gets tricky b/c from there I think we have to choose b/w trading Taylor, JYD, or Rose b/c there are far too many good-but-not-great PF's on this team.

Btw, Hughes is unrestricted, so if Wash realizes they can't match for a big offer from someone else they can always trade him to NY if he agrees to come play for us.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
exactly....id prefer sweets 100% and out of the other 3 rose and jyd over taylor. jyd seems to hustle more and i like roses D. yea hughes would be an incredible pickup for kurt or a PF

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
pyotrveliky said:
exactly....id prefer sweets 100% and out of the other 3 rose and jyd over taylor. jyd seems to hustle more and i like roses D. yea hughes would be an incredible pickup for kurt or a PF

Well, I highly doubt Washington would take Kurt and filler straight up for Hughes...they would be stupid to do that. If they do actually lose Hughes, theres a gaping hole at SG for them. We might have to get another team involved /w/ a SG to spare in order to make it work. Or maybe we can simply offer them our 8th pick, along /w/ Kurt + filler for Kwame AND Hughes.

Im not the mastermind here. That's Zeke's job. But I do think it's possible for us to land Maggette or Hughes. We just have to make them an offer they can't refuse....

Edit: if we can hold onto our 8th pick and still manage to get that All-star caliber 2 or 3, I'd seriously look at taking Danny Granger - could be the next Ron Artest (w/o the attitude)

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Just a thought:

We could kill 2 birds /w/ 1 stone if (and only if) Washington decided Hughes was asking for far too much $$...get Kwame AND Hughes in one shot.

Washington would def. make us take on Etan Thomas, too, but he's 6-10 and can play spot mins. at both PF and C.

Something like:

NY Gets: Etan Thomas, Larry Hughes, Kwame Brown

Wash Gets: Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas, Trevor Ariza, 30th Pick

* Larry would be resigned to a contract similar to Gilbert Arenas (5 Yr/ 55)
* Kwame would be resigned to a contract similar to Kurt (4 Yr/ 30)

I def. think, if Hughes was asking for more than Washington was willing to pay, then they would bite on this...especially since they get rid of Etan's longass contract. and now they would have a first rounder this year...they could even sign Raja Bell /w/ their MLE (overpay, but overall, their team now would be very solid)

This leaves us empty at SF, but we could resolve that through FA, by signing someone to the MLE. JYD can play minutes at SF, as he did this season (and he was doin pretty good). Also, /w/ our 8th pick, we could draft Danny Granger, who is a poor man's Ron Artest.

Lemme know what you think.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
NYKnicks15 Idea

I have to say that the trade scenario that NYKnicks15 put together makes me start to salivate! Ray Allen in NY would be something to see! I just don't think NY has anything that Seattle would want in a sign and trade. Crawford could not co-exist with Lewis. My god, they would set a record on field Goal attempts in a game. I also think everyone has put together some creative trade ideas but if I had a gun to my head and had to put together a starting lineup that I feel best represents what Isiah is going to do... It would be like this (I'm not going to touch on Draft Picks, this is pure NBA trades)...
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas or Kwame Brown
F- Sweets/Rose/Williams
F- Harrington/Ariza/Newble
G- Crawford/Houston
G- Stephon/Snow
Zydrunas Ilgauskas will come to NY most likely in a sign and trade. I think they will use Tim Thomas and/or Penny (expiring) to get him which means Z will be signed to a high, long term contract. I know that Clevland has expressed interest in Kurt but I feel the signs point to cap relief to offer Lebron as much as it would take to keep him in Clevland. The 2006/2007 year is his final and they could try to restructure his Contract after the 2005/2006 season and avoid free agency. I also think they might force us to take on some bad contracts as well, like Ira Newbal and/or Snow's. Snow would be an interesting addition, he is the total opposite of Marbury. He is a very good defender but a poor offensive game. I think They will use Kurt to get Al Harrington. Isiah has expressed high interest in getting him and I think Atlanta wouldn't mind seeing him walk as well. The other wild card here is kwame Brown. He is high on Isiah's radar as well and I think he is another path that will be explored. I disagree with bobs3304, Washington doesn't want to get rid of Eaton. I also think they will try to keep Hughes as well. The only guy I think they truly do not want is Brown but since he was a their #1, I think they will want something in return. So if NY can't get him with the Mid level, they might have to offer Washington something and mabe Junkyard and one of NY's 1st rounders. I'm not sure if that will do it either but I wouldn't give up anything else. But if it is enough we could see this:
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas/Kwame Brown
F- Sweets/Rose/Kwame Brown
F- Harrington/Ariza/Newble
G- Crawford/Houston
G- Stephon/Snow

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Dude...I dont completely disagree /w/ getting Big Z in general...but wow, thats completely unrealistic. Even worse is your KT for Harrington - is it fair - NO...is it realistic - NO...is it even based in some reality - NO. Just b/c salaries match up doesnt mean shit. You have to consider WHY team would do Trade X /w/ us...lemme tell you, it's not just to help us out.
I'm guaranteeing this: We WILL use Kurt to trade for our future center. He won't need to be an all-star caliber one like Z b/c /w/ Marbury staying (and he most certainly will be) we are a perimeter oriented team. We only need a serviceable bigman like Rasho, Kwame, Gadz, Dally, or J. James. But heres the problem - both Gadzuric and Dalembert are restricted, so we're just not getting them. No matter what. Jerome James will look for a big payday, and unless we can do a S & T /w/ Sea, which is unrealistic b/c we have NOTHING they want, then hes going elsewhere. Rasho can be had. Kwame can be had.

Btw dude: if Washington can't afford Hughes and they DO look to S & T him, they will DEFINITELY be looking to include Etan. Trust me (especially if theyre taking back Kurt in the deal).

I'm not saying that Hughes won't resign /w/ the Wizards. He might very well do that. But I think it's possible that he asks for more than theyre willing to give. Since it seems imminent that Kwame will be traded straight up for Kurt anyway, that would allow us to expand on that deal.

But that is only contingent on how Grunfield approaches this whole Hughes offseason. B/c it would be really hard on them to lose him.

FOR EVERYONE: Remember, just b/c a trade works salary-wise means shit. You need to consider why a GM from another team would be willing to risk their job and millions of $$ and a team they probably care about just to improve the Knicks. They need to have an INCENTIVE.

KNICKSCALI

Benchwarmer
i heard that new jeresy would trade there first rounder for kurt thomas. i know it wasn't cbssportsline.com where i read it, but one of those draft sites. all they talked about is how good the nets would be with him because j.kidd and kt could run the pick and roll to perfection. still i dunno.

only other thing i could think of is trading to get balance to our team. i believe we are a guard/foward team. i can't even name how many people we have over 6'7. i'd like to get some balance to that. and have tim thomas gone, even though i do like him, but i believe ariza can get it done.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Ariza is 19 dude...he's still a role player at this point. Even if we do keep him, he's still coming off the bench.

Btw: Just outta curiosity, if we did do that 6 player deal /w/ the Wizards (/w/ or w/o the pick), what SF could/should we sign as a FA to fill the roster? I can't think of any on the top of my mind.