ANY TRADE IDEAS THAT MIGHT HELP THE KNICKS NEXT YEAR

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Penny & Sweetney for Pau Gasol & Lorenzen Wright.

Gasol has been mentioned several times as a perfect candidate for one of the Knicks expiring contracts. He is definitely one of leagues top PF. Wright is currently on the trading blocks.

Lorenzen Wright, in my opinion, is better suited for the Knicks desire to play a more uptempo style of basketball than Jerome James(his nickname on the Kings was The "Big Snack").

Wright:
CAREER:...................................... '04-'05:
9.2 Points Per Game.................... 9.6 ppg
7.1 Rebounds Per Game.............. 7.7 rpg
0.80 Blocks Per Game.................. 0.86 bpg
0.64 Steals Per Game.................. 0.73 spg
0.90 Assist Per Game.................. 1.10 apg
1.27 Turn Overs.......................... 1.25 TO
3.00 Personal Fouls.................... 3.10 PF
26.0 Minutes Per Game.............. 28.6 mpg
.459 FG%................................. .469 FG%
.661 FT%.................................. .661 FT%

James:
CAREER:..................................... '04-'05:
4.9 ppg...................................... 4.9 ppg
3.5 rbp...................................... 3.0 rpg
1.2 bpg...................................... 1.39 bpg
0.31 spg.................................... 0.29 spg
0.40 apg.................................... 0.20 apg
1.22 TO..................................... 1.10 TO
3.00 PF...................................... 3.50 PF
15.2 mpg................................... 16.6 mpg
.493 FG%.................................. .509 FG%
.617 FT%................................... .723 FT% (only attempted 65 Total!)

It's clear that many people want to believe the hype about Jerome James. But the truth of the matter is that he is not that good at all considering that he only plays an avg of 15 min per game! Both his career and '04-'05 numbers are horrible. I've read too many articles about James not being able to go over 17 mpg b/c he's either in foul trouble or he just can't keep up. It's obvious that we need additional help at the 5 spot and we can't just depend on a rookie and another guy that was in the CBA last year to be that help.

Here's our line-up if we could get this trade done. I think we would absolutely be able to contend with Miami, Detroit, Indiana & NJ with this squad:

Starters:
PG - Marbury
SG - QRich
SF - TT
PF - Gasol
C - Wright

Bench (in order):
PG- Nate Robison
SG- Jamal Crawford
SF- Trevor Ariza, Jerome Williams
PF- Malik Rose, Mo Taylor, David Lee
C- James, Channing Frye, Jackie Butler

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
Miami gets - Jerome Williams, Bruno Sundov, Tim Thomas

New York get - Undonis Haslem, Rasual Butler
____________________________________________________________________________________

REPRESENT BROOKLYN ALL DAY EVERY DAY

BROWNVILLE & BED-STUY
WHERE U AT?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Here's what we all know or should know by now. The Knicks need more big men and a bench. So far we've got James (who will be the starting center) and Frye as a back up, if he can get in shape and play D. Still no starting power foward (Sweetney ant gonna cut it) and not really a back up two gaurd. Here's why I say not really.If
*Marbury plays (SQ)
*Crawford (PG) Penny back up
*Q Rich (SF) Ariza, Trevor back up
* ? Sweetney back up
*James (C Fry back up

This is why we need a strong PF and a back up two gaurd.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
the knicks need a bench? are u ****ing kidding me we have the best bench in the league wut do u mean we need a bench?

C-frye
Pf-Jerome Williams
Sf-Trevor Ariza
Sg-Crawford
Pg-Nate Robinson

and we have depth past that.....if we can get a legit starting pf using sweetney and rose then cut mo taylor

then we are in buesness

y do u have penny backing up the pg spot over nate? sure penny was a pg back in the day but HE SUCKS NOW.....he is injury prone, lost some steps, can no longer burry shots, cant get to the basket

he is ass....just let him ride the IR again like last year and let his contract run out.....

y is q-rich starting over tim thomas? and y do u have ariza ahead of tim thomas?

ur lineup sucks......i dont like the marbury switch to sg he is a slasher and regardless of wut position he plays he will just keep bringing the ball to the basket...

he will probably still guard the other teams pg..he just wont be the one who brings the ball up.....