most overrated player in the nba: steve nash

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i have no idea how he got voted mvp. thats insane. hes not even the best, maybe not even the second best player on his team. look at how great dalls did without him. hes surrounded by two great three point shooters in johnson and richardson, two great athletes (marion and stoudamire) at their positions, and a coach who plays an up-tempo style which makes a point guard look really.

seriously, i cant be the only one that thinks that hes not even one of the 15 best players in the nba.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
the whole mvp system needs to be changed. right now, its just that the "new guy" on the "most improved team" gets the award. thats retarded. nash was the new guy on the suns, the most improved team, so he got the award (everybody thought the suns became better because of him). first of all, they signed quentin r. johnson became a year older and an excellent 3 point shooter? because of nash? no, i dont think so. amare got a year older, and produced better numbers with more experience.

honestly, the mvp this year was Kevin Garnett. im big on efficiency ranking, i think it tells a lot (not everything, but a lot). just because his team didnt do well doesnt mean he wasnt the best player in the league. no one player can win games by himself. what if michael jordan was put on a team with the 11 worst players in the nba every year of his career and the team never won more than 20 games during his career despite the fact that he would put up phenomenol stats. would that mean he didnt deserve any MVP's? cassell and spreewell didnt play up to par (they are aging, greedy players). the supporting cast didnt do as well. just not fair.

this system sucks and it needs to be changed.

Mystic

Rookie
Nah, you're the only one.

You're talking about last year, but look at the team's performance this year.

Nash was out for 3+ games in January, and the team grinded to a halt. They averaged 110 ppg for the year, but for those 3 games, they averaged 80, and lost each game. You can fathom all you want about how much Amare and J.J. improved from last year, but the fact is when Nash is on the bench -- THIS YEAR -- they still suck. Badly.

They lose 30 ppg when Nash is out. Sounds pretty valuable to me.

Look at what happened in game 1 Monday. Nash picked up foul 3 in the 1st half, and their offense got so horribly bad, D'Antoni was forced to bring him back for the last minute just so they wouldn't completely blow their lead.

You could'nt be further off. Nash was the league MVP. So much so it almost should've been unanimous.

NIX89

Rookie
i agree

Steve Nash is not the best player in the world. He is a great player, but not the best. I dont think they should always pick the MVP by #'s because MVP stands for Most Valuable Player not the player who puts the most numbers up. It should be someone who demonstrates excellence, clutch, defense, and offense. Steve nash Definitely is not the Most VALUABLE Player.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
that was THREE games. thats not exactly a big sample.

the suns have probably the worst back up point guard in the nba in barbosa. he cant run a team. when you go from having one of the bettter point guards running your team to one of the worst, OF COURSE you will have a drop off.

why dont u check how the knicks do when marbury isnt in the game. or how the lakers do when kobe isnt in the game. or how the cavs do when lebron isnt in the game. or how the timberwolves do when garnett isnt in the game. im going to GUESS that those teams ALSO do a lot worse without their stars. EVERY team will have a dropoff when it doesnt have its star players playing.

so are you saying the suns wouldnt be as good with kidd, b. davis, marbury as their point guard? what if it was marbury that was the new addition to the suns this year and they all of a sudden started playing better. would marbury get all the credit?

---------------

since you think steve nash is so great and deserves to be the MVP, are you saying HE ALL OF A SUDDEN became the MVP this year and he wasnt before? so at age 31 he has his best season ever and becommes the best player in the league. before that, he wasnt even regarded as one of the best point guards in the league.

if hes so great, how come dallas did just fine without him? how did the bulls do when jordan left? not too great. how did the lakers do when shaq left? not too great. when every TRUE MVP leaves his team, that team flounders without him. the mavs flourished.

you are an IDIOT that just jumps on peoples bandwagons.

i hope the mavs beat the suns. that would be hilarious.

Overrated?

Series VS. Dallas
game mpg fg 3pfg ft reb ass stl to pts
5 42 13-26 2-5 6-6 13 12 1 5 34
4 44 20-28 4-6 4-4 5 5 3 9 48
3 42 12-21 1-5 2-3 3 17 2 7 27
2 42 9-22 0-5 5-5 3 13 0 3 23
1 31 4-10 1-2 2-2 6 13 0 4 11

I don't think so. He is a real floor general and he knows how to run the team. Ho does what this team needs. ASSISTS. They have all the firepower, all the defence and only think they don't have is assists. They got that in Steve Nash. He is Assist first type of Point Guard and that is what PHO needs. So because of That he is the MVP of this team and This team is the best team in the L. So who is the MVP?

I think he's going to play even better (if that is possible) in final two games of this series (I think DAL going to beat PHO in G6). And I cant wait to see the Nash - Parker duel in West Finals. Finally somone qiuck as Parker against Parker

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
neither of whom play defense....well have to see if TD and nazzie can shut down the phx frontcourt. assuming phx wins it will be a good series, judging by the 3 games theyve played so far