[Daily News] Knick Pick May Point To Younger Parker

rady

Administrator
Staff member
A French point guard named Parker running the Knicks' fast break?
It could become a reality - that is, if Isiah Thomas liked what he saw yesterday when several prospects completed a predraft workout at the team's Greenburgh facility.

Tony Parker, San Antonio's dynamic point guard, isn't defecting from the Spurs, but the Knicks could get his 21-year-old brother, T.J., who is foregoing his final year at Northwestern and entering the NBA draft.

"I'm kind of like my brother, I like to push the ball. I've got a lot of speed," the 6-2 Parker said. "It's the NBA, the best basketball in the world. That's what I want to do."

Of course, Thomas already acquired his dream point guard in January 2004 in Stephon Marbury, but there were rumblings at the end of the season that Marbury could switch to shooting guard. With two first-round picks and a second-round choice, the Knicks might opt for Parker. He averaged 9.7 points for the Wildcats in his junior year.

"Show them you can play. My brother, that's what he did," Parker said, adding that he would play in Europe if not selected in the June28 draft.

His brother was selected late in the first round (28th pick) of the '01 draft by San Antonio and quickly blossomed.

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=3039

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
if hes anything like Tony, he'd be a great addition, but we need a big man first, we have think big, and then look at guards...

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i hate those comparisons to other players. i remember harold miner was the "baby jordan". sofoktns shortsandisdf (that kid from greece) was the "baby shaq". stephon's younger brother was supposedly "almost as good as him in many ways".

or gerald green as the "baby tmac".

ill believe it when i see it. until then, those comparisons are unnecessary.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I believe you, but am basing my opinion from the games that he played against the Knicks this past season. Steph ripped him apart and he didn't look like he was in the NBA level of play. Missed almost every shot he put up, didn't drive to the basket and had a bunch of turnovers.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yea i think he may have had one good game but hes still young. marbury wasnt a superstar his rookie year....he was good but not superb.

yo telfair is from high school calm down no players expet bron kg and amare were good out of high school dont worry in 2 yrs you will say o did you see that pass or shot from sebastan?!

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Telfair has not gotten much playing time in Portland. When Damon Stoudamire leaves or Telfair gets traded, Telfair will get some more playing time and become a good player.

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
KNICKERBOCKER said:
yo telfair is from high school calm down no players expet bron kg and amare were good out of high school dont worry in 2 yrs you will say o did you see that pass or shot from sebastan?!
Off Topic- I played your schools baseball jv team and we beat em. I goto FortHamliton.