Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Q rich is a knick

Default Re: Great pickup!

Originally Posted by nycefnl
    I know I'll get killed for this one! However, it is now time for Marbury to be traded. It is evident to me that his teammates don't like him. Also, non-role players has ever excelled with him. He disappointed me in the Olympics. He dissappointed me against the Nets in the play-offs. He was delusional in thinking that he was the best PG in the league. You don't say you are the best PG in the league. Your teammates should say that you are the best PG. You can't win with Doleac and Van Horn because they can't play defense just like him. I'd rather see Isiah trade Marbury for Shaun Livingston from the Clippers. He's 6'8" point/forward that is a true point guard. Bottom line he passes the ball and sets up teammates. He can get scorers involved. I'm hearing too many notions that perhaps now Marbury can move to shooting guard now with Richardson here. We have some scorers here now it's time to draft a young big-man and get a point-guard. Stop this love affair with Marbury.
    yea u will get killed because KNick fans bithc on Marbury all the time... how do you know his teammates dont like him? you've heard the convorsations in the locker room? In the olympics, on a US team that had a month to practice with each other, they won a medal, and it wasnt like he set a US scoring record or anyhing.. oh he did? as for the comment, everyone is supposed to think they are the bset at something, or they wont achieve their potentiol..there are hundereds of guys in the NBA who think they're the best but they dont say it, marbury made a mistake and did say it....for our love affair with him, there are few Knick fans who really love Marbury, but he does do all the right stuff. 22 points, 8 assists, and 3 boards per game, is the right thing... i seriously doubt Marbury is the problem, and if we cant win with him, what makes you think we can win with Livingston. get real

Marbury's stats tells it all he averages at least 20 ppg and atleast 8 apg and 1.5 spg thats not good for a pg? And he does it year afetr year after year. And didn't Marbury set a new Olympic record? Marbury is the best pg in the league.Coney Islands Finest!!!!

yeah i totally agree.marbury is the best pg in the league and with a little help from his teammates which means trades for good big guys i believe he can carry this team in the highest level.keep rockin starbury,you're the best

Originally Posted by NYK Way
    Marbury's stats tells it all he averages at least 20 ppg and atleast 8 apg and 1.5 spg thats not good for a pg? And he does it year afetr year after year. And didn't Marbury set a new Olympic record? Marbury is the best pg in the league.Coney Islands Finest!!!!

Stats rarely tell a whole story. In this case you are only quoting offensive stats which at best tell half the story since basketabll is a game of offense and defense.

Originally Posted by GD 8
    yeah i totally agree.marbury is the best pg in the league and with a little help from his teammates which means trades for good big guys i believe he can carry this team in the highest level.keep rockin starbury,you're the best
    yikes, now this is a mabruy lover.. im defending marbury because hes solid and never underachieves, he does what hes expected to do... Nash, Kidd, Davis, Billups, Parker.. there are a lot of guys who are just as good as Marbury, and he is very good, but probably not the best

Originally Posted by Jason Morgan

Stats rarely tell a whole story. In this case you are only quoting offensive stats which at best tell half the story since basketabll is a game of offense and defense.
    SPG is an offensive stat?

Originally Posted by Jason Morgan

SPG is an offensive stat?
    NO are you telling me 1.5 spg makes steph the best or his offensive stats. Listen if you think he is the best and the stats tell it all then more power to you. I used to think stats tell it all also....When I was like 14.

No, but what Marbury shows on the court makes up one of the top PG in the league.

Superstar

saw this on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], the only thing holding the trade up is insurance papers about Qs injury back in LA....

Superstar

So we would get another first round pick. I like this deal now, if it goes through.

Veteran

yea first rounder sounds good...we prolly could get 3 centers in the first round...Frye, Blatche and Petro with those picks (8th, 21st, and 30th)

Superstar

Oh, the first round pick is for this year? I thought it was a future pick.

Superstar

well that means the deal has to be done by today or 2mrw....looks like it will

marbury supports like 5 families thats one ,two marbury never had a winning coach meaning making past first round of playoffs all his coaches were losers and thats why he is a loser when it comes to wins isiah should just coach this team look how well greg pop turned out

Superstar

Michael Jordan is the only player I have known to win championships without a big man. Rodman might be considered one defensively. Every guard needs a big man. Look what happened to Kobe. Iverson still needs a big (a healthy one at least). T-mac had a good year with Yao taking to game 7 with the Mavs. Magic Johnson needed Kareem. To get to the Finals (then he took over one game to clinch the championship). Larry Bird had McHale and Paris. Kidd had great succes with a healthy and K-Mart ( now he's gone he has lost his status as the best PG in the game, now its all about steve nash). Oh and Nash has a healthy Amare. (Marbury had a worse coach and injuries on his team).

Marbury needs a big man or atleast a front court with defense tenacity. The only way I would trade Marbury is for a Big Man. If not that then forget it.