Q rich is a knick

Good move trading KT. Good Move getting Q only if you have plans to trade Jcraw and or TT.
Bad move giving up a #1 pick and taking on another 21 mill in long term salary

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Great pickup!

I know I'll get killed for this one! However, it is now time for Marbury to be traded. It is evident to me that his teammates don't like him. Also, non-role players has ever excelled with him. He disappointed me in the Olympics. He dissappointed me against the Nets in the play-offs. He was delusional in thinking that he was the best PG in the league. You don't say you are the best PG in the league. Your teammates should say that you are the best PG. You can't win with Doleac and Van Horn because they can't play defense just like him. I'd rather see Isiah trade Marbury for Shaun Livingston from the Clippers. He's 6'8" point/forward that is a true point guard. Bottom line he passes the ball and sets up teammates. He can get scorers involved. I'm hearing too many notions that perhaps now Marbury can move to shooting guard now with Richardson here. We have some scorers here now it's time to draft a young big-man and get a point-guard. Stop this love affair with Marbury.

You shouldnt get bashed. When we have a team with a 100 million dollar payroll that wins 30 games nobody on this team shoudl be untouchable. NOBODY!

JJtheKnick

Starter
you know what im not sure this was the best trade. its not a bad one. the knicks are a short team as is and now we are even shorter. the offseason is not over yet but i say we have enough shooters we need size and a inside presences for this team be good. Q is not a bad player hes a good player but i think shooters are the least of our worries

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
kurt was not an inside presence. yea he rebounds and plays d but he doesnt block shots or intimidate drivers. thats wat we need and we really dont have that many shooters - marbury isnt always. crawford is. houston may not be playing and if so a limited role. as i said before, q also has a post game. more than can be said for tim....at least til teh end of last season

Neither KT nor q will be a starter on a knicks championship team. To me this trade is a good one though because we traded a 32 year old Kt for a #1 draft choice.

We need to rebuild for the future. we are getting younger while stock piling draft picks. KT was not our future.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Keep in mind also that Isiah is not dumb, this trade was a good move. Only the first one of the off season, we still have to see who he is drafting with the two first round picks we have and I almost guarantee we are getting one of those free agent centers out there by trading either Tim or Penny in a sign and trade.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
whoa whoa....the trade isnt official yet. i think isiah timed it during the finals to get attention away from the finals. did the trade get a lot of coverage on espn?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I might be crazy but do we really need another quard/forward that doesn't play any D??? Don't get me wrong, he is a very talented player but we have Shaq in our division and do we really think that we are going to be able to compete, never mind win, with big teams like Miami and Detroit with 3 players on the floor that are, 6' 5", 6'5" and 6'2"??? And between the 3 of them they couldn't guard a high schooler? Never mind that fact that 3s will be raining down like a monsoon!! Also, we traded our best low post defender. Now, I know we are forward heavy, but we are heavy with undersized forwards. I was hoping that the first move we would see out of Isiah would be size. I think that would of sent a message that he was seriuos about banging with the best of them. I guess he could still trade Crawford, but I don't think he will. I am curious to see what his next move is...

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
pyotrveliky said:
whoa whoa....the trade isnt official yet. i think isiah timed it during the finals to get attention away from the finals. did the trade get a lot of coverage on espn?

i was just about to ask for a link to conform this trade, and yeah bam its not even official yet..

this is the only thing i could find about it.. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2093093

it hasnt gotten really any attention but when/if it goes down...it definently will.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Check the homepage, there are some articles there listed from the post, times and daily news

NYKnicks15

Starter
damn its been a while, and i can see the mentality of this place has gone down since ive been here last....just kidding. ANYWAYS good trade and dont see why not? any reasons?

We have 5 power forwards and im sure the draft will atleast help the center position. Now were down to 4 pfs are you sure they can handle the work load??? im pretty sure. this puts us in a great position.

PF- Sweetney, Rose, Taylor, Williams
SF- Thomas, Ariza
SG- Richardson, Houston, Hardaway
PG- Marbury, Crawford,

Now if we trade TT we have backup or starter for the SF, if we trade penny and houston isnt able to run we have a starter or backup for SG. good move and prolly the best option out there for Kurt Thomas....and now trading either crawford or marbury for that matter (which im against like always (not a flip flopper)) then it wont leave us in such a fragile area...

this is the start of Isiah's plan (from sources around the league)...a RUN and GUN team...

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Re: Great pickup!

nycefnl said:
I know I'll get killed for this one! However, it is now time for Marbury to be traded. It is evident to me that his teammates don't like him. Also, non-role players has ever excelled with him. He disappointed me in the Olympics. He dissappointed me against the Nets in the play-offs. He was delusional in thinking that he was the best PG in the league. You don't say you are the best PG in the league. Your teammates should say that you are the best PG. You can't win with Doleac and Van Horn because they can't play defense just like him. I'd rather see Isiah trade Marbury for Shaun Livingston from the Clippers. He's 6'8" point/forward that is a true point guard. Bottom line he passes the ball and sets up teammates. He can get scorers involved. I'm hearing too many notions that perhaps now Marbury can move to shooting guard now with Richardson here. We have some scorers here now it's time to draft a young big-man and get a point-guard. Stop this love affair with Marbury.

yea u will get killed because KNick fans bithc on Marbury all the time... how do you know his teammates dont like him? you've heard the convorsations in the locker room? In the olympics, on a US team that had a month to practice with each other, they won a medal, and it wasnt like he set a US scoring record or anyhing.. oh he did? as for the comment, everyone is supposed to think they are the bset at something, or they wont achieve their potentiol..there are hundereds of guys in the NBA who think they're the best but they dont say it, marbury made a mistake and did say it....for our love affair with him, there are few Knick fans who really love Marbury, but he does do all the right stuff. 22 points, 8 assists, and 3 boards per game, is the right thing... i seriously doubt Marbury is the problem, and if we cant win with him, what makes you think we can win with Livingston. get real

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Marbury's stats tells it all he averages at least 20 ppg and atleast 8 apg and 1.5 spg thats not good for a pg? And he does it year afetr year after year. And didn't Marbury set a new Olympic record? Marbury is the best pg in the league.Coney Islands Finest!!!!

GD 8

Rookie
yeah i totally agree.marbury is the best pg in the league and with a little help from his teammates which means trades for good big guys i believe he can carry this team in the highest level.keep rockin starbury,you're the best

NYK Way said:
Marbury's stats tells it all he averages at least 20 ppg and atleast 8 apg and 1.5 spg thats not good for a pg? And he does it year afetr year after year. And didn't Marbury set a new Olympic record? Marbury is the best pg in the league.Coney Islands Finest!!!!

Stats rarely tell a whole story. In this case you are only quoting offensive stats which at best tell half the story since basketabll is a game of offense and defense.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
GD 8 said:
yeah i totally agree.marbury is the best pg in the league and with a little help from his teammates which means trades for good big guys i believe he can carry this team in the highest level.keep rockin starbury,you're the best

yikes, now this is a mabruy lover.. im defending marbury because hes solid and never underachieves, he does what hes expected to do... Nash, Kidd, Davis, Billups, Parker.. there are a lot of guys who are just as good as Marbury, and he is very good, but probably not the best