Q rich is a knick

KNICKSCALI

Benchwarmer
he was solid with the clips... i agree in phx letting him jack up as many threes as he wanted. he'll be good in new york.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Q will be a good addition to the knicks.
Having this new 3 guard rotation will cause serious mismatch problems for other teams that NY's new coach will take advantage of.
Steph: plays PG and some SG
Jamal plays SG and some PG
Q: plays SF and some SG

We will be able to mix and match depending on the team we're playing.
With all three guards able to stroke the 3, this will open up the driving lanes for steph, crawford and nate.

Hopefully crawford will put on some weight this offseason because last season he was manhandled by every SG in the league.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
The Knicks again have traded a defender in KT, for another average defender in Quentin Richarson. So maybe we'll achieve a lofty 35 wins instead of 30. I really hate the way things are heading. The Knicks are still greatly undersized. Nate Robinson is again a high volume energy guy, but undersized. I don't want to watch the Knicks routinely score 100 pts, and allow 101. That means we'll lose way more than we win. With a glut of power forwards, the Knicks had to get rid of someone. Too bad it seem it will be the most consistent man at any position. Let's hope that there's more planned and we get some more defenders to compliment all the offence we now seem to have.

portega1968

El Cacique
as long as Steph is at the point, our D will suck...ship him to the Clips for Elton and Shaun Livingston, use Sweets to get Chandler, Curry or Kwame...a 3way with Boston and Seattle where we get Pierce and Ridnour would be nice also...Chandler, Frye, Q, Pierce and Ridnour would be a nice starting defensive 5

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
portega1968 said:
as long as Steph is at the point, our D will suck...ship him to the Clips for Elton and Shaun Livingston, use Sweets to get Chandler, Curry or Kwame...a 3way with Boston and Seattle where we get Pierce and Ridnour would be nice also...Chandler, Frye, Q, Pierce and Ridnour would be a nice starting defensive 5

It's not that easy. If the Knicks keep Herb Williams as head coach there will be no need for all of that. If Herb is the coach you WILL HAVE to play defense. It won't be a choice. He said it himself. If you dont play the D, you get benched. Simple as that. And not to mention Isiah is looking for a young run and gun team with medioce defense. I cant really see that starting five "run and gun" seeing as offense can only come from Pierce,Q and maybe frye. Besides I think Steph and Jamal will step up their defensive game this season after hearing all the critique from last year and this offseason. I dont think they want a repeat of last season.

portega1968

El Cacique
If Isiah wants a run and gun offense, then he must be trading Marbury because Stephon just isn't effective in the fast break...unless he plans to use Steph at SG

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
That trade never looked good to me. When I saw Quentin Richardson's field goal percentage for that season(38%) I knew it was a bad move. Kurt Thomas has always shot above 45% for his career, and he can rebound and defend. Quentin Richardson plays like a wacker version of Larry Hughes. It's sad, but true. To be honest, I've never liked Quentin Richardson. The only season I liked Q was last year, cause his defense and rebounds was up. Also, he accepted his role on the team, and his shot selection was great. But this year, he's played terrible. And for most of his career, he's shot a horrible
fg percerntage. The Kurt Thomas for Quentin Richardson and
Nazr Mohammed for Malik Rose trades were both trades I thought were stupid, and were trades that led to me hating Isiah ever since. The Curry trade was what put the icing on the cake, for me. And this season, after seeing how retarded of BOTH a GM and Coach Isiah is, I finally realize he's the 100 % reason why the Knicks suck. I used to only give him part of the blame, but now I see he deserves all of the blame.

GetRealistic

Starter
I know I'll get killed for this one! However, it is now time for Marbury to be traded. It is evident to me that his teammates don't like him. Also, non-role players has ever excelled with him. He disappointed me in the Olympics. He dissappointed me against the Nets in the play-offs. He was delusional in thinking that he was the best PG in the league. You don't say you are the best PG in the league. Your teammates should say that you are the best PG. You can't win with Doleac and Van Horn because they can't play defense just like him. I'd rather see Isiah trade Marbury for Shaun Livingston from the Clippers. He's 6'8" point/forward that is a true point guard. Bottom line he passes the ball and sets up teammates. He can get scorers involved. I'm hearing too many notions that perhaps now Marbury can move to shooting guard now with Richardson here. We have some scorers here now it's time to draft a young big-man and get a point-guard. Stop this love affair with Marbury.

Where'd this enlightened man go.

The Kurt Thomas for Quentin Richardson and
Nazr Mohammed for Malik Rose trades were both trades I thought were stupid, and were trades that led to me hating Isiah ever since.

Kurt Thomas as has been documented was traded because he fought with Steph. One thing about the Malik Rose trade was that we did get a 1st rd pick in that deal where Isiah selected David Lee. So maybe that one wasn't the worst deal in the world.