Get Swift!

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Now is the time to get Stromile Swift. He's a free agent. Perhaps a sign and trade. We have a ton of PFs. It is realistic because Memphis would get something back as opposed to him simply leaving. I say Sweetney for Swift. They'll go for that.

I'm all for trading Sweets for a better defnder but Swift is such fools gold. He has been around a long time and still is horrible offensively and barely plays 20 minutes a game. Much rather take a chance on Chandler. He has legit upside. Swift will always be a role player.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yea i think if sweets slims down he can be a beast. needs to work on D but can score and is a solid rebounder, especially O boards.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Sweetney is the only Knicks other than Marbury that gets to the free throw line, better hang on to him...I don't think Swift will make the impact that we need, his offense sucks and plus, how much better than Kurt can he be in defense.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Chandler would be great, but we have exactly a 1 % chance or less of getting him.

Swift won't be coming to NY. Atlanta will offer a nice-sized contract for him, and apparently Memphis will be shopping all their unwanted contracts (Wells, J-Dub, etc.). Besides, the only thing that Swift would provide is tip-ins and weak-side blocks...not much to write home about.

I'm likin Frye at 8 so far. We'll see about FA...

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Brian_Coleman_21 said:
No, why trade Sweetney, one of our great young players, with obviuos potential.

we'll trade him and he'll become a decent player who puts up above average stats, he does have tons of potentiol, no reason to go and give that away..

ny3nyk

Rotation player
has everybody forgotten about jackie butler!?!?!? after watching him play against boston, i think he deserves a contract and some more playing time next season

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Isiah is the Man! A+

Great moves! You guys wait and see. I see what Isaih's doing and I love it. I was begging for Stromile Swift, Kwamie Brown, Jamal Crawford since last year (check the archives on this site). This season we will be their at the end! If we get either Stromile Swift or Kwamie Brown, I will be confident about our chances to unseat the Pistons and definately over throw the Riley bunch. By getting Swift or Brown our defense will drastically improve. Both have limited playoff experience. Still, that goes a long way. You watch! We will be top 5 in defense. No one will be talking about our "bad perimeter defenders" because they will like look a different bunch because of the presence of shot-blockers behind them in Fryer and either Swift or Brown. I rather Brown for his size. i like that we're going to be younger and bigger with a good sprinkle of vets. Also with Jackie Butler there as well to learn we'll be a deep bench. I think he can be in the class of Ducan. Yeah, laugh now but I'm good at evaluating talent. Most of all with the depth we're going to have, that will allow players like Ariza, Rose, Williams, Robinson to come in and be very physical with opponets. The Bad Boys are back!

PG Marbury / Robinson
SG Crawford / Anfernee Hardaway
SF Richardson / Tim Thomas / Trevor Ariza
PF Frye / Taylor / Jerome Williams / Lee
C Brown / Jackie Butler / Rose

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Asking why to get Stro is like asking why to get Spree.....fan favorite, burst of energy, can run the floor like a PG, creates matchup problems, and can play both the 4 and 5. Problem is...I know his agent said that they'd consider signing the MLE with us, but cmon...Atlanta is gonna throw 10 per at him. How the fuck does he pass that up?

The other question I have is - Does Kwame provide that sorta 1-2 punch /w/ Frye that we're expecting with the next Big man we pick up?
I think Kwame plays the same style of play that Frye does - all finesse.
We need the Ben to Rasheed's Wallace (Isiah has compared Frye to Rasheed). Although Frye is no Sheed yet, theyre close enuff to compare. Curry would be nice except for the fact that he lacks just what we need - defensive presence. I think a good way to go is sign Jerome James to the full MLE and then push hard after Stro's agent to get a S & T done /w/ Memphis. Maybe we could even push for something like Lorenzen and Stro resigned for Timmy and Sweetney, which would make getting James a moot point.

That's my .02$.

Edit: We def. need to get rid of 2 PF's this offseason, and it's too bad, but Sweetney is def. on the block, along /w/ JYD and Taylor. Why? B/c out of all of them, theyre the 3 easiest to deal b/c of their salaries. Sweetney will receive some interest, and right now, he doesnt provide what we need in our PF - defensive intimidation. Stro would def. provide that. But like I said, I think our PF rotation should consist of about 5 guys:

Frye, Rose, Taylor or JYD, Lee, and whoever we pick up this summer. And I also think that Timmy, along /w/ Sweetney and JYD/Taylor, needs to go. I think Isiah realizes that too, b/c /w/ Crawford needing minutes at the 2, Q will be forced to play the 3, /w/ Ariza playing backup. If Timmy is traded, though, we should keep JYD for insurance at spot minutes at SF. And if Isiah chooses to keep Timmy, then I think you'll see JYD shopped heavily or simply waived...

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Swift

I like the idea of getting swift.......

the knicks were one of if not the last team in shot blocks last year....they had no presence in the paint whitch would allow players to penetrate easily....

but i do not like the idea of q-rich starting.....because he wont.....

he is very inconsistent and tends to ball hog. if we get swift i would like the lineup to be

C-Channing Frye
Pf-Stromile Swift (or put Thomas here and swift at sf)
Sf-Thomas
Sg-Crawford
Pg-Marbury

Tim thomas pulled it together the 2nd half of the season and i think he could be a solid starter and shouldn't be benched.

also i would like the knicks to deal hardaway,houston(hes gettin cut), Mo taylor, possibly sweetney or malik rose

i do NOT want them to get rid of jerome williams witch there was talk about....he brings allot to the game that many don't have.

and i expect allot out of Lee from what i've heard hes a white jerome williams and has like a 40 in. vertical and a great rebounder in traffic (heard on sports desk on msg this morning)

I also believe ariza will be able to contribute allot and has improved more since last year

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
LOL, that's laughable. If anything, Timmy will be traded or become our 7th man off the bench behind Crawford. Q is not a ballhog, and if you ever watched him back in LA, he can attack you several different ways. And he's an average defender, which is better than we can say about Crawford and Marbury...

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
eh....whether we're rebuilding or just putting the finishing touches on this team:

just let Penny and Timmy slide off the cap. No sense in taking back more maxed out salaries.