Thread: Should Knicks go after Curry and do KT Q Rich trade?

Hybrid View

Default Should Knicks go after Curry and do KT Q Rich trade?

I think we should try and get Curry and do the Q Rich KT trade. What do you think?

Depends on his heart and if we plan to keep Sweets. Curry really needs an athletic rebounder shot blocker next to him. I like sweets but his total lack of defense scares me big time

I think Curry's heart will be just fine but he did lose a lot of weight so if we can get him it will be big for us in the low post and in the rebounding department.And he can also reject a couple of shots for us.

I really like Currys game but I'm not going to jump to conclusions about his heart. It was significant enough for him to miss the playoffs. We have seen too many heart related deaths on the court for me to make assumptions there. I would like him on our team. Curry would be the perfect compliment to a guy like KG

Curry's heart is fine now. I doubt Chi does a S & T /w/ us. What do we have to offer?? Curry is guaranteed more than the MLE, and we don't have much to offer beyond draft picks and expiring contracts...

Superstar

maybe theyd want tim

Originally Posted by bobs3304
    Curry's heart is fine now. I doubt Chi does a S & T /w/ us. What do we have to offer?? Curry is guaranteed more than the MLE, and we don't have much to offer beyond draft picks and expiring contracts...
    i agree but if they do i dont think we should offer him a big contract ijust in case his heart condition comes back when he plays next season

I would offera 3 year contract worth 15 millon

Originally Posted by NYK Way
    I would offera 3 year contract worth 15 millon
    I've seen this type of condition before.... Derrick Coleman..... and it really affected his game! I don't like damaged goods and I am starting to think that is exactly what Curry is. The last thing the knicks need is to pay a multi year contract on a player that will sit 75% of the time on the bench, ala Allan Houston. This is one of the deepest drafts in a long time and if we can get a player or 2 that are legit NBA players and make a few productive moves, this could really be the start of the Knicks turning things around. A move like Curry could is to unstable and if it turns out that he has some type of heart condition that prevents him from playing, that would make us take 2 steps bakcwards after taking 2 steps forward. I say Don't do it!!!!! QR isn't the move I wanted either but at least he can put numbers up and can have a role on the team. Another avenue I would try is to see if Detroit would be willing to deal. Prince for Crawford and maybe throw in our second round pick. If we are going to have QR on the roster we DO NOT need Crawford and Detroit could use a 3 point threat like Crawford. They have plenty of D and really wouldn't miss Prince. We, on the other hand, could use his D and height/wing span.

Superstar

they have billups hamilton hunter and arroyo....i doubt they want craw who jacks 3s and doesnt play d...

[quote="hometheaterguy"] They have plenty of D and really wouldn't miss Prince/quote]

and if we take Prince away from the, that abundance of defense drops dramatically, dont expect to see that deal anytime soon

Detroit loves prince's wing span, which helps him alot in the defensive end, no way they would trade him for Crawford.

how bout kwame brown instead of curry. i remember watching him play when jordan had come out of retirement. he showed flashes of brilliance. at one point, when he had blcoked like 15 shots in 4 games, people were calling him ben wallace jr.

kwame has talent. look at jermaine o'neal, he did didley squat his first 4 years outta high school and then blossomed. kwame is a young kid. with a change of scenery and the right tutelage, he can become a very good player.

lets bet on him

also id love to get stromile swift.

i salivate at the opportunity to have brown and swift in the front court.

kwame would be nice. have to talk some sense into him but he'd be a good fit if he came to play everyday.