Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trade Rumor: Nesterovic/T. Parker for Marbury

Boston would never deal Pierce to the Atlantic. Walker is not the answer at the 4, although I think he would bring certain intangibles like heart and hustle and big shots. Only weakness I see is him not being defensively aggressive.

Marbury will be staying. If he ever does get dealt, it will be next summer if Isiah realizes that he isn't carrying us over the hump.

I wouldn't complain if we got Walker, but I'm not sure there's really any one we can offer to Boston in a S & T (maybe Sweetney and JYD for resigned Walker). If that is, in fact, a possibility, I'd easily follow up with signing James to the MLE. And the reason I like that scenario is b/c Walker can spot at the 3, assuming Timmy is as good as gone. If Isiah chooses to keep Timmy, however, you go strictly big this summer, and by that I mean 6-11 and over...

Default No no no!

We already have an undersized 3 in Quentin (whom I love). We don't need an undersized 4 in Walker. Unless they're going to trade Crawford (whom I also love) and swith Walker to the 3, I am against it down-right!

Walker's not an undersized PF hes like 6'10. Hes a 20 10 guy I would take Walker.

Originally Posted by NYK Way
    Walker's not an undersized PF hes like 6'10. Hes a 20 10 guy I would take Walker.

Walker's about 6-8, he's a SF/PF, and he's not a 20-10 guy anymore. Unless we find a way to get rid of Timmy, Sweetney, AND another PF, Walker's a big no no.

The knicks are trying to get younger and better

antoine walker is washed up imo....he is a ball hog he catches and shoots and is straight trash

plus hes old..... the knicks would hopefully end there pursuit for him...

i said this before the only person i would like to come to ny for marbury is
    kenyon martin......

or unless we can get j-will from the grizz cuz hes on the block
    and since they want stromile swift they could do like

marbury mo taylor
    swift, j-will and maybe a 2nd round pick

Kenyon Martin would do great in NYC, but J-Dub???

Ummm, I def. don't get your thinking there.

I was thinking about kenyon last week, but I don't think A.) Denver will even entertain offers and B.) We have the pieces to get him. They'd trade Nene first before they thought about moving K-Mart.

Superstar

kmart would never come to ny and we traded nene remember

Don't really think that this trade makes sense for either team. Marbury is an egotistical p.o.s. and I doubt that the character conscience Spurs want him and the potential headaches. They just won a championship and there's no reason to suspect that Parker won't continue to improve.
    Rasho is garbage and Parker is a solid point guard but he's a true point who needs players to create for. In case you haven't noticed the Knicks have two shooting guards who can't shoot, a 6-8 big boned center, and a lanky rookie 4/5.
    I'd like to see the Knicks move Marbury, but only for some value and the last thing they need is Rasho's contract. Zeke is said to be shopping Marbury to every team in the league, so there should be a lot of rumors still to come. If we didn't already have Q and Jamal I'd be all for getting Al Harrington and maybe Josh Childress.

[quote="KnicksFan20"]The knicks are trying to get younger and better

antoine walker is washed up imo....he is a ball hog he catches and shoots and is straight trash

plus hes old..... the knicks would hopefully end there pursuit for him...

i said this before the only person i would like to come to ny for marbury is
    kenyon martin......

or unless we can get j-will from the grizz cuz hes on the block
    and since they want stromile swift they could do like

marbury mo taylor
    swift, j-will and maybe a 2nd round pick[/quote

I think Walker proved last season that he is not washed up, he revitalized Boston. Walker is 6'9" and he is 245 pounds. His game puts him at the 3 in my mind and Dallas had him play the 3 as well but he didn't mesh with their system because he needs to handle the ball. You guys call him a ball hog, he is a point forward. If you have Walker you need to run your offense through him. In fact, his game is exactly like Marbury's, that's why they would go good together. If I was at the reigns and could pull off a deal that would send Steph to Boston for Walker, I would make it in a heart beat. If you are going to have a player that controls the pace of the game and is going to quaterback your team, Marbury is not the answer! A guy like walker could lift this team with his skills. We have QR and JC who will jack up 50 3 pointers between them sitting on the 3 point line all game. Walker can drive and dish as good as Marbury but he has something Steph doesn't... Size... He can rebound better and he can demand a double team. That alone is worth it. Walker is one of those players that need a system to fit his game, like Steph. But you don't want a system revolving around a 6'1" point guard that doesn't lift the players around him. Marbury is a more inconsistent shooter than Walker and no one seems to mind that?? Also, our choices are limited. We can’t sign Swift so he isn’t coming here end of story. We might be able to pull off a trade with Washington for Kwame but that isn’t enough, we need a proven player at the forward spot(s). Walker is as washed up as Marbury is! This team will not win with Stephon and that’s it. We could keep him and try year after year to see if it works out, but why. If we can make substantial moves now, then do it. Marburys value will go down every year so strike while the iron is hot. He is probably valued at the most he will be now.

bad...keep stephan

I doubt that trade will happenn.. Parker played a big role in helping the spurs win the chip this year I dont think theyd wanna ruin the team atmosphere..

1)First of all, I hate the trade idea Rasho and Parker for Marbury. Rasho is a bum who never played to his potential, and i don't think SA would trade Parker after winning a championship. He's young, good and not too expensive.
    2) I would not mind getting Antoine Walker as long as we don't give up too much for him or except trash like LaFrentz and Blount in return. Since we are not trading Starbury, I wanna see what he could do with another player that draws double teams and could spread the floor. The only thing that stopped Marbury last year was the 2-3 zone, and after Crawford went down, he got constant double teams by big men that would not allow him to penetrate. And He still averaged 20 points and 8 assists. Walker gives us rebounding and three point range at the 4.
    Walker+ Richardson = no zone. We would probably have to lose Sweets and Tim though. We get 'Toine b4 July 22nd we can incorporate him in the offense.

Possible lineup: PG Marbs SG Richardson C James SF Ariza PF Walker
    We would have scorers at 4 positions, with Frye, Lee, Robinson and Crawford coming off the pine

HIRE PAUL WESTPHAL!