Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumor: Nesterovic/T. Parker for Marbury

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

NYTimes reporting Stephon is on the trading block...I love Stephon's skills, but sadly they don't include defense, fast breaks and team chemistry...If we're gonna trade him, it has to be for a keeper (Rasho/Parker not good enough)...Rady, can we get a topic on who would you trade for Marbury?(feasible possibilities only)...would a 3way with Seattle and the Lakers, with Kobe and Ridnour to NY, Steph and Jamal to the Sonics and Ray Allen to Lakers work? Maybe Curry and Pierce in another 3way?

I'm convinced Sweets is trade bait for Curry or Kwame

Tony is a good player! 18 pts in the first two round and more than 20 against Steve Nash' Suns. Ok, he was only 14 in the Finals, but he was very regular, scoring at least 10 points in all playoff games except the last one. His stats went down in the finals, but all the spurs stats went down, the Spurs scored nearly 96 pts in the season and 85 in the finals. they played a lot more slowly! And coach Pop wanted the ball to go to Duncan and Ginobili. Tony couldn't play his game. He is still very young. he will improve. BUT this trade will never happen, SA will never do this trade!

then we must thank san antonio

Originally Posted by hoop115
    sorry to rain on your parade but I doubt Detroit would ever let go of Prince, especially not for Crawford if they already have Hamilton. Prince wasn't their go-to guy but he definately is their XFactor. I would love to see Finley in a Knick uniform. I don't understand why the Mavs have given up on him. It was only last season that he was considered part of their big three. I know they have some young bucs waiting in the fold (Howard & Daniels) but he can definately still contribute alot to any team.
    You are probably right with Detroit but I still would make the call. If Brown leaves to go somewhere else and they get, say Saunders, they will want more offense and Hamilton is a very good player but not a threat at the 3 point line. In fact, Hamilton could play the 3 spot and has when Prince wasn't on the floor. To me, Hamilton is the X factor and Wallace (Ben) in the key. I think if they would have had a legit 3 point shooter, they could have beaten the spurs. Just remember, if you look at the History of the NBA finals the formula that seems to win most of the time, not all but most, is the inside outside game; teams that are either all D or all Offense usually loos to that formula. If Detroit was to get that outside threat, they would be the team in the NBA. Detroit wining against LA, to me, was more of an indictment to LA's poor play than Detroit's "superior play". LA was in turmoil, we saw it the second half of the season. If SA would have passed them, I think they would have beaten Detroit. Even look at the Bulls all those years, they had Paxon and eventually Kerr. How many games in the playoffs did they make an impact on??? Also, Detroit is 1 of only 2 teams that are any good in the east. Not much competition! If they don’t add that consistent outside shooter, my money is on Miami next year.

Superstar

yea i agree that miami will be winning the east next year unless det gets some more firepower

its a shame miami lost too it seemed like detroit hired somebdy to beat the hell out of the team because they were devestated by all those injuries

If Isiah is true to his word, and Steph is on the block, I would call Boston and see if they would do a sign and trade for steph. I think Marbury would fit Boston's future plans and I know Isiah is high on Walker. He is a 3/4 or 4/3 depending which camp you are in; He would be a nice addition to NY. With Walker in the lineup, he could be good on a team with out a true point guard. He is a great ball handler and has good court vision. We could start Crawford at the 1 and basically have a back court with 2 shooting guards and run the offense through walker. I have a feeling Jerome James will sign with the knicks and Kwame will be here in a sign and trade that will send Sweetney to Washington. With Frye playing the 5/4 and Ariza off the bench as well, this would be a very good team. They could run, JJ is used to running with Seatle or they could play a half court game, if needed and with Junkyard Dog and the other PF's that we will have, we would have a stock pile for when we bang with Detroit or Miami. If toronto waves Rose, I would see if we could sign him for the minimum. He is a versitle player that can play 1-3, so he would be a nice addition as well and would really sure up the bench. Thoughts???

Question for you:

San Antonio just won the Championship. Since when do you break up your big 3 after you've just gone all the way???

Oh......and Isiah would never do that anyway. He loves Steph too much.

I would have to say Isiah will never trade Steph last year he even said Steph was untouchable so enough of this trading bs rumors

Originally Posted by NYK Way
    I would have to say Isiah will never trade Steph last year he even said Steph was untouchable so enough of this trading bs rumors
    I would have agreed with you if this was last season, but I think Isiah is starting to see the writing on the wall. This team, the way it is structured now, will not do much. I've read and listened to a bunch of interviews with Isiah and he seems to be singing a different song these days. I trully believe that no one is untouchable unless it is in the players contract. Isiah would be foolish to not to try to strike a reasonable deal for Steph. He is not Duncan or Shaq, those guys are untouchable. He is a point guard that only excels in 1 type of game. He needs to be on a team that will feature him. There isn't a team in the history of the NBA that has won on the back of a point guard. Stockton needed Malone, Magic had Jaabar and Worthy. Even Jordan, who was a 2 guard, couldn't win until Pipen, Cartwright and Paxon came along. If isiah is presented with a reasonable deal that will improve the team, he will trade him. As sure as the sun rises in the morning he will ship Steph out!

Originally Posted by bobs3304
    Question for you:

San Antonio just won the Championship. Since when do you break up your big 3 after you've just gone all the way???

Oh......and Isiah would never do that anyway. He loves Steph too much.
    I think you are right about SA, why would they breakup the core of that team when they have been so successful for so many years with them. They would look to add a piece, not do a major change. I disagree with you about Steph. I'm not saying he won't be a Knick come the new season; just that Isiah will trade him if he gets a reasonable deal that will improve this team. Remember, we still have crawford, and even though he is reluctant about playing the 1, we still could run an affective offense without a true point guard. Isiah has been mentioning Walkers names in various interviews and has been high on him since last year. Remember, he tried to get him last season but was unable to put a package together to grab him from Atlanta. I think he is going to make a move for him, if he is unable to sign him outright, I think he will try his best to talk Boston into a sign and trade. Boston is looking for a veteran point guard and I think they might entertain an offer. Not saying it will be done, but I assure you that it will be considered. Steph is at the latter half of his prime. If a team was going to take a chance on him, it would be now.

True, Isiah did say last year that Stephon was theonly untouchable...but its also true that he was asked after the season if he was still untouchable...his answer? no one's untouchable on this team, he said he would trade his own mother if that meant the team would improve...so yes my friends, he IS thinking of trading stephon...but we can do much better than walker with boston

No, he's not thinking of trading Steph. He's OPEN to it. Right now, he's thinking of exactly what he said he was -- adding another big man. Look for Isiah to dump Sweetney and maybe JYD in the process (to open up the roster).

Originally Posted by portega1968
    True, Isiah did say last year that Stephon was theonly untouchable...but its also true that he was asked after the season if he was still untouchable...his answer? no one's untouchable on this team, he said he would trade his own mother if that meant the team would improve...so yes my friends, he IS thinking of trading stephon...but we can do much better than walker with boston
    You know, Marbury is tough to value up. His numbers puts him as a top point guard in the NBA.
    From NBA.com:
    Along with Oscar Robertson, is the only player in NBA history with career averages of 20 points (20.5) and 8.0 assists (8.2) and Robertson had 25.7 ppg, 9.5 apg
    These are impresive stats but yet teams that have had him do not win. His game doesn't raise the level of his team mates, ala Stockton or J Kidd. He was on a team with KG and you think this would have been the fearsome twosome but they didn't mesh. Both NJ and Pheonix prospered the following year after they traded him. Is it because these teams ran a system that didn't allow Steph's game to mature or is it Steph's game that didn't allow the teams system to mature? I don't know if getting Walker in a sign and trade from Boston is equal value if you look at the trade on paper in black and white. But, my question is, would the Knicks be a better team without Steph and with Walker? Also, this isn't a proposed deal that is public knowledge but more of guessing on my part from listening to interviews with Isiah about players that he is the most interested in and trying to figure out, if Boston was to entertain a sign and trade with the Knicks, who they would want. They might not be interested in Marbury at all but might want different players of someone like Tim T who has an expiring contract, and probably 1 or 2 of our future number 1 draft picks. Maybe Boston doesn't deal with their division rivals. Who knows, but I believe that Isiah is looking for a suiter and will trade Steph if he can get back players to help this team. You know, I've stated in other posts that I like Pierce and would love for him to be a Knick. Boston wants to get rid of him. This is public knowledge now and I hope Isiah looks at that as well. Walker or Pierce could help this team move up to the next level. If we could get Pierce than Isiah could look into trading Crawford; probably an easier task.