Salary Cap question...

Knick

Rookie
JJtheKnick wrote:

the knicks will not trade starbury this offseason thats 100%. i say we get our draft picks then see what we can do. the thing the knicks should do is get rid of all this money. get under the cap which would be like in 3 or 4 years and then get some good free agents. new york atracts so many free agents but they cant come here becasue of the cap and a sign and trade wont work all the tme. WE NEED TO GET UNDER THE CAP TO BE A WINNING TEAM.

mrj18 wrote:
Trading Starbury will help us get under the cap sooner!

My question: Is this true and why? I mean, if the Knicks were to trade starbury, will it help the Knicks go under the cap sooner???

Thanks,
Alatariel

no cause we have rose taylor jamal penny timmy under contract till like couple mor yrs besides penny nd timmys last yr is this yr but trading marbs will harldy help the cao cause u have to give the same salary in return to trade him

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
As a Knicks fan are you really willing to sit back and watch as loose for another three years to get under the cap and start over from scratch? I say Isiah is doing a hell of a job and now that we got one seven footer with Frye, Isiah is gonna sign another one in the off season and we gonna be a killer team. Mo and Sweets inside, Q, Craw, and Marbury raining threes and opening up the floor for drives..... Knicks are going to Rule !!!

i love the knicks but layden messed it up getting them so far into the cap but ye u noe isiah is rebiuilding while still being entetaining hes not doin it denver style hes doing it knicks style

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
if i was gm, i WOULD unload and try getting under the cap. but at this point, it would be close to impossible with the boneheaded moves that layden and his successor isiah thomas have made.

trading marbury alone would not get us under the cap, we have to get rid of a lot more players than that.

i doubt isiah and his enormous ego will swallow pride and unload the roster.

the best hope for the knicks is a sign and trade or get a good rookie in the draft, but isiah messed up the latter part because hes an idiot, taking frye instead of gerald green.

WHY IS ISIAH THOMAS SO GODDAMN FUCKING STUPID???? I HOPE HE GETS FIRED TOMMOROW.

to anyone who says "would u rather see the knicks be a bad team for the next 3 yrs" - well WE ALREADY ARE A BAD TEAM AND WILL BE A BAD TEAM for the next 3 years, but if we were under the cap at least we would be better positioned to become better in the future.

instead, we will be bad FOREVER