how bout ray allen in a sign and trade?

KNICKSCALI

Benchwarmer
it would be nice if we could get jesus shuttlesworth to the knicks, but i don't see it happening anytime soon. rumor has it that seattle is throwing 75 million at him (cbssportsline.com) or he'd like to go back to the bucks.

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
If he went back to the Bucks they would have a pretty solid team.

1- Ford
2- Allen
3- Mason
4- Gadzuric
5- Bogut

I just dont see any defense in the backcourt. Even if Allen doesn't go to the Bucks, if Redd re-signs there gonna make alot of noise next year.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i dont think we will get ray allen. isiah thomas only likes to get overpaid mediocre players like Q. allen is quite possibly the best pure shooter in the game. isiah doent like guys like that, he likes players who are worse. he also likes taking on lots of bad contrats, ray allen would be worth even a max contract probably, so i doubt isiah would be intersted. maybe if the cavs give zydrunas ilguaskas a max contract extension, isiah thomas will like that and get an overpaid, unhealthy, overhped, scrub to add to his roster and hopefully get closer to his goal of making he knicks payroll at 300 million dollars and set the world record for being the worlds dumbest GM.

KNICKSCALI

Benchwarmer
how about you just hate on isiah alittle bit more. not like he didn't inherit a mess from dolan when he was named the GM.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
if we sign ray allen or sign and trade, the Q rich deal is not piontless cuz we could trade tim thomas and crawford and play ray allen at 2 and Q at the 3...Q is a capable to play multiple postions cuz of his body and quickness

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
People hating on Isiah again.....The roster still in the works give him till the beginning of the season. This offseason we are gonna get another center and who knows what else might turn up. Oh and there is no way either Ray or Redd will be coming here.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
datruth said:
if we sign ray allen or sign and trade, the Q rich deal is not piontless cuz we could trade tim thomas and crawford and play ray allen at 2 and Q at the 3...Q is a capable to play multiple postions cuz of his body and quickness

The only way we could get Ray is in a sign and trade, and there is no one Seatle would want from NY. The only cookie that I can see us dangling in front of Seatle, and could aslo be a salary match, is Marbury... I doubt Seatle wants Steph... He couldn't run their offence. II also understand that he only wants to play for a handful of teams, NY not being one of them. Also, why would you want Q as a 3? He is 6' 5" and doens't play that good of D. He is better off at the 2, his game is a 2. I've said it in my posts before and I will say it again. Call Detroit and see if they would talk to NY about a deal for Prince. He is 6"9', has long arms and plays very good D, also Detroit is in the market for some offense so there could be some interest in Crawford. He is young, can hit the 3, especially when he is on his game, and could be that weapon off the bench for them. Prince would be a great fit for NY! Plays D, not a selfish player and drives. Not the best outside shooter, but with Q and Steph on the team, we don't need him trying to drain 20 ft shots. Also, Detroit could afford to loose him since they are stacked deep with defensive players that could step in and take his place. What they don't have is an offensive threat, and Crawford could be just that.
I also am reserving my judgment on Isiah until I see some more of his off season moves. I am not down on the Q trade, in the same sense, I am not thrilled about it either. This trade has time before it is considered bad or good. Depending on the other moves Isiah makes. If we go from a forward heavy team to a guard heavy team, then he has done nothing to improve the Knicks and just went latteral.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I feel the way most of you do, let's wait and see what happens over the summer. I am excited about the rookies the Knicks aquired. A player like Ray Allen would be like having a brand new H2O in NYC. That's probably out of the cards though. I'd be happy if the Knicks could land a couple of big men. No more guards, or small forwards...

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Detroit dosent need Crawford jacking up those 3's from way beond the 3 point line. They got Rip to make those outside jumpers. And they got Chauncey to make the clutch 3's

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Detroit dosent need Crawford jacking up those 3's from way beond the 3 point line. They got Rip to make those outside jumpers. And they got Chauncey to make the clutch 3's

acually crawfords shot selection had improved........

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Instead of talking the perimeter shot more often he should drive in more often. And Crawford the kind of player that will score 40 points one nght then score 7 the next night.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
KnicksFan20 said:

acually crawfords shot selection had improved........

yep hes beginning to learn to pass and near the end of the season i think he avged about an assist or 2 more than he did in the beginning of the season, not sure on that one though. next season, jc be more of a distributor instead of a scorer

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
JC is a good player, he just needs to be more aggressive overall.

I'm really worried that, with the current lineup, minutes will be a serious issue, especially at SG and PF. I like getting Nate at 21, but let's be real:

with Marbury spending about 40 mins. a game running the point, and Crawford needing minutes, as well as Q and spot mins. for Nate, I'd atleast understand from that point of view why Isiah would trade Marbury - forget the other issues. But maybe Zeke'll pull off a trade that balances the roster and makes dealing Marbury unnecessary.

All we can do is wait and see...

ny3nyk

Rotation player
all abt the money these days... if i played for the lakers and they offered me 50 mil and knicks offered me the minimum i would play for ny